Slight changes

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

With the order to avoid Onew, Yoomi really didn't have any other friends besides Hoya and Woohyun.

She had to admit she missed SHINee's presence. She missed Jonghyun and Key quarreling all day like some couple. She missed Minjo scowling when he lost, and Taemin's sunshine smile when he saw milk.

She missed Onew's dorkiness and his Onew sickness. The way he would fluster, but then smile cutely. The way he didn't mind of his dongsaeng were laughing at him, because it gave them a reason to smile.

Yoomi never felt so guilty in her life. She chose Woohyun over SHINee's friendship.

They still sat in their original seats in class, where Yoomi and Onew were just next to each other. No more were the notes that they passed, no more were the small talks in between lessons.

Yoomi knew the other SHINee member's were confused why she suddenly didn't want them anymore. She sometimes heard Taemin asking Key confusedly, and that Jonghyun would pipe up his stupid opinions.

But they didn't seem to blame her. They still smiled at her when their eyes met, they still looked out for her silently. Especially Onew, who wouldn't fail to smile genuinely at her every morning.

Yoomi could only rush out of class at the end of the day. The guilt was consuming her, she didn't know what to do. She didn't want to cut all ties with SHINee, she had enjoyed her time with them as well. But on the other hand, it was her love of her life Woohyun who had asked her to, how could she refuse?

She met up with Hoya and Woohyun to go back home, and was surprised to see Yoon Soyi and several of her girl friends together with her Oppa's. Woohyun smiled at her and gestured for her to come.

"I never really introduced the two of you did I?" he beamed, one of his arm wrapped round Yoon Soyi's waist. "Yoomi, this is my girlfriend Soyi. Soyi, this is my best friend, Yoomi."

Soyi smiled at Yoomi, who blinked back shyly. Yoon Soyi was a girly beautiful and wanted girl, and she knew it. Her confidence shown through, and Yoomi couldn't help but feel very much inferior compared to her.

"Are we going somewhere today?" Yoomi asked.

Woohyun smiled. "I'm initially taking Soyi shopping, but since I thought you needed new clothes as well, Hoya can come along to keep you company too."

Yoomi looked down at her own clothes. *But...I don't need new clothes. Although mine do look a little...shabby and ahjuma like, but...I didnt need new ones.*

Hoya didn't look happy with the arrangement as well, but since Woohyun wanted to bring Yoomi along, he thought he better follow in case Woohyun got too caught up with Soyi and neglected a Yoomi.

So Hoya, Woohyun, Yoomi, Soyi and few of her friends who wanted to go shopping as well, went to the nearest mall. There were numerous outlets selling fashionable clothings that Korea was known for.

The excitement was immediately visible amongst the girls, except for Yoomi. She couldn't see what's the fuss about pieces of clothes that were just supposed to cover your body.

They entered the nearest shop and the girls immediately began looking around the racks for cute dresses and shirts. Yoomi felt out of place. Her clothes were usually oversized tees and passed downs from her mother. She didn't know a thing about fashion.

Hoya and Yoomi stood awkwardly by the sides while Woohyun went around choosing clothes for his girlfriend. He looked back and saw both his best friends looking out of place and frowned. "Why don't you choose some clothes to try on too, Yoomi ah?"

Yoomi bit her lip. She looked around at the mini skirts and low cut tank tops and gulped. She couldn't imagine exposing so much of her skin.

"I don't think the clothes here suit Yoomi." Hoya spoke up for her, voicing her thoughts exactly. "She isnt the sort to expose. I think she should go for more elegant or cute styles, not... "

*ty.* Hoya finished in his mind.

"Aww it can't be that bad!" Woohyun pouted. He wanted to change Yoomi's look desperately. She looked so nerdy and like she didn't do anything but read all day. He didn't like how people looked at him when he went out with her.

"Soyi baby." he cooed. Soyi came out of the dressing room in a stunning black dress that just covered her . It was y alright, a little too y for someone who was just in her early tens.

Woohyun apparently didn't think so and whistled in appreciation. He smiled at her sweetly. "You look gorgeous baby."

Soyi grinned, looking totally like a hooker in the pub. She looked over to Yoomi and smiled what she thought was a kind smile, but in fact was looking down at her.

"Yoomi dear, do you want to try on this dress as well?" she asked in her sweet voice. "I bet it would fit you more than it would fit me."

Hoya frowned. Yoomi dressed like a hooker? Hell no.

"I...I.." Yoomi turned red thinking of such little amounts of cloth covering herself.

Woohyun pulled Yoomi and pushed her into the dressing room. "Come on Yoomi. This dress is pretty. Look how pretty Soyi is wearing it." he persuaded. "You need to change your look or you'll look like a nerd forever."

Yoomi bit her lip and took the dress, closing the doors. If not for Woohyun, she wouldn't even try to change. She liked how she was in those comfortable ahjumma clothes. What's wrong with those?

Nevertheless, she stepped out in that y black dress. Her heart was thumping, her gaze fixed on the ground.

She wondered of Woohyun would have the same reaction to her as he did to Soyi. Would he praise her for being beautiful as well?

She lifted her gaze only to see Woohyun and Soyi cuddling at the corner of the shop, Woohyun sneaking small pecks on Soyi's pink lips. Their swollen lips showed that they had been doing that for quite a while.

Her heart fell. Even when she tried to dress how Woohyun liked, he didn't see her.

She was jerked out of her thoughts when Hoya covered her with his jacket. His face was stern. "What is this you're wearing." he muttered as he pushed her into the dressing room again. "It looks like a hooker. Change back." he ordered, which Yoomi willingly did.

He had heard Soyi's friends laughing at Yoomi when she came out. Dorky glasses and birdnest hair didn't go well with a hooker dress, apparently.

He didn't want Yoomi to hear their insults and pushed her to change immediately. He was in fact really displeased about how Woohyun was trying to change Yoomi's look.

So what if she was a nerd? At least she was innocent and pure.

He grumbled as he watched Woohyun lip locking with Soyi. *Sometimes, I really don't understand you, Woohyun Hyung.*