SHINee (yes I know. Finally)

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

There was an unusual air of excitement in school the next day. And no, it wasn't because it was the first day of school and they were already in their second year of Middle School.

The girls were constantly looking over to the general office or the main gates, making Yoomi wonder if there was any important person coming to the school that day.

"Why does it seem like someone big is coming today?" Yoomi whispered to Hoya. Hoya shrugged. "I don't know."

When the same question was directed to Woohyun, he too gave a confused expression. "I know. I'll ask my baby." he beamed. Yoomi flinched. *Baby. Baby my foot.* she pouted.

"Soyi baby~" Woohyun sang. Soyi immediately smiled at her incoming boyfriend. "Woohyun Oppa, what's up?" she smiled, her eye lashes long and alluring.

"I should ask you that." Woohyun grinned. "Why are the girls so hyper today? It's weird."

Soyi laughed and looped her hand with Woohyun, causing Yoomi to look in the opposite direction. "It's said that five guys are going to transfer to our school today. They're the same age as us." she told him.

Woohyun made a confused expression that completely fitted what Hoya and Yoomi were feeling. "So?"

"You're such a dork, oppa." Soyi giggled. "Of course the girls are excited. If any of the five guys are anything as hot as you and Hoya oppa, they'll be delighted. They're looking for new eyecandies, since the number one eye-candy is already taken by meeee~" she smiled.

"Aigoo!" Woohyun cooed, tapping her nose, something he did with Yoomi in the past. Not that he didn't now, but Yoomi didn't like that action being shared.

Just at that moment when Hoya and Yoomi decided that the news was not a bother to them and they wanted to go to their respective classrooms, the door of the general office opened and out came five guys.

Oh, you want adjectives?

How about along the lines of: Never-seeing-the-sun, ancient, dork, and book-worm.

"Hah. So they're just nerds." Woohyun rolled his eyes while Soyi laughed along with him.

Yoomi flinched. She looked down at herself and bit her lip. *I'm a nerd too...* Hoya caught her troubled look and sent her a smile. "You know hyung doesn't mean it that way." he whispered. "Even if you're a nerd, you're our nerdy Bestie."

Yoomi felt a little relieved as she continued looking at the five new students curiously. All of them were...really nerdy looking and had large over sized glasses that were in competition to Yoomi's own.

The first one that caught Yoomi's eye was the extra tall and relatively darker guy. He had double eye-lids, quite a score for koreans, and his dark skin could have been due to some sport activity in the sun, except it was all ruined by that redundantly high pants and dorky look he had.

The second one, was a nerd that didn't behave like one at all. He looked so dorky and ancient, but he strutted around like a diva. *Wow.* Yoomi raised her brows.

The third one followed behind the second diva nerd, and Yoomi noted that he looked rather like a dinosaur. He was the shortest of them all, even if he ressembled one of the scariest creatures that walked on Earth's surface. The fourth one looked so pretty, he could have been mistakened for a girl. He didn't care how others looked at him and sipped on his Banana Milk excitedly while reading a book on his hand. Hmm.

The last one looked the most tofu tofu nerdy. His hair was slightly messy, looking like he couldn't afford a comb to straighten his hair. He was munching on chicken even though it was just a minute till lesson started, but it didn't seem like a bother to him. His face was pure happiness when he ate, and Yoomi began wondering if his chicken tasted any different from chickens she tasted.

"Come on, quit staring." Hoya teased. "Let's go."

Yoomi made a face and punched his arm lightly, before following behind him with her books. She shot one more look at the five boys, and was startled when the chicken boy looked up and they met eyes at that moment.

He blinked for a moment, and a dorky smile appeared on his face. Yoomi blushed and looked away, rushing to her next class.




It turns out all the five of those boys were in her class.

The class didn't pay attention when they were introducing themselves, partly because nerds don't speak very loud, and also because...well nerds don't deserve attention. Unless they're for insulting purposes of course.

Yoomi on the other hand, thought they looked quite nice. Not like the other mean people she met in this school. She learnt that the tall one was Minho, the diva one was called Kibum but he preferred to be called Key (at this point the whole class was laughing at his "retarded" name), the dinosaur one called Jonghyun and the Banana milk one Taemin.

When Onew was about to introduce himself, he even brought his box of chicken up with him. He smiled at the class, his eyes rounding when he saw Yoomi. She diverted her gaze, reddening slightly. She wasn't used to attention from boys other than Hoya an Woohyun.

"Hi I'm the oldest out of us SHINee.(The class laughed at what they called themselves again)" he smiled what seemed like a warm smile to Yoomi. "My name is Lee Jinki and you can call me Onew. (The class laughed AGAIN. Seriously, what's wrong with their humour levels??!)

Onew continued, completely unaffected. "If there's something I like most in the world, it has to be chicken." he stated, and to prove his point, he even took out a drumstick from his box of chicken to show it to the class. As if they hadn't seen chicken before.

Seriously? Dubu chicken leader?

The grease on the chicken made the drumstick slip from his hands. And oh what a horrible thing it was to our dear Onew. It was his prized possession no less.

In attempt to save his chicken from dying in the hands of the dirty classroom floor, Onew dived down to catch the drumstick, only to have his Onew disease act up at precisely that moment and have him fall on the ground with a loud thud.

The only thing that was celebratory was that he managed to catch the drumstick with his mouth. YUM.

The class burst into laughter and clutched their stomachs. Even the teacher tried hard to hold in her laughter as she asked the boys to pick a seat. Onew turned bright red as he fumbled with his bag, the chicken still in his mouth.

They took the empty seats in the front of the class, because, YES. Nerds like to study.

Coincidentally, Onew took the seat next to Yoomi's and he smiled bashfully at her. "I ruined my first impression didn't I?" he muttered. "Way to go on the first day of school."

Yoomi looked at him sympathetically. "It wasn't that bad." she offered. "It was kind of....cute?" she blushed.

Onew smiled widely. "Thanks...?"

"Shin Yoomi." Yoomi offered her name.

Onew grinned. "Thanks Yoomi." he called naturally. "You're such a nice person. I think that's why I noticed you in the hallway just now even though there were so many people around. It must be your angellic aura."

Yoomi stifled a laugh. Onew smiled widely when he saw that he managed to make her smile.

"I mean it." he added after an afterthought. "You're a nice person. I don't mind being your friend."

Yoomi giggled as she faced the board. *I don't mind being your friend too.*