Chapter 92

My Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AREUM'S POV

 

Days have passed. Its weekend now and I have nothing to do.

 

Unnie as usual is inside her room. Hyomin unnie is still not talking to her. Sometimes I saw hear her cry in the middle of the night.

 

On the other hand Hyomin unnie keeps herself busy. If she's busy before she became busier than ever that she had no time to talk to my unnie and even us her friends. She's always with that Sunny.

 

Anyway the rumor about my unnie dating a guy is now gone because it's not true but I still don't know why unnie is talking to him. I keep bugging unnie about that almost every night but she's not answering my question. Heol

 

* IU calling....*

 

"Wae?" I answered.

 

"Have you heard the news?" She asks.

 

"News? Which one?" I curiously ask

 

"Qri unnie is not in the musical anymore" She said.

 

"MWO? Are you sure? There’s no news on the internet" I said.

 

"Areumie, the cast will be revealed a month before the musical so it's not gonna be seen there. I was asking you because you are her sister." She said.

 

"Unnie didn't mention something like that to me. By the way if it's not on the internet how did you know?" I ask.

 

"Well I overheard Dad and his friend's conversation. His friend is one of the producers" she explained.

 

"Heol then why my unnie is not in the musical? Did they replace her?" I ask again.

 

My unnie is amazing and she performs well. It's her dream and she's been preparing for it almost all of her life.

 

"I'm not sure but I heard something about quitting so they have to find another lead role" She explained.

 

"Quit? Why would she quit?"

 

"I don't know either Areumie. That's I'm......YAH JIEUN-AH DID YOU INVITE ME HERE TO SIT ALL DAY.....CAN'T YOU HANG IN THERE FOR A SECOND. THIS IS IMPORTANT."

 

Mwoya?

 

"Hey is that Hyeri?" I ask coz I think it's her.

 

"Yeah. The spoiled kid is on my room. She's nagging now." She said.

 

Hmm. This two is always together since we left the island.

 

"Yah Lee Jieun is there something going on that you are not telling us?" I playfully ask.

 

"Mwo? Y-yah I k-know what you are thinking. WE ARE JUST FRIENDS." she said sounding like she panicking.

 

I laugh.

 

"I'm not saying something like that Lee Jieun. Don't be too defensive" I said.

 

"Tss whatever. I'll hang up now before this kid ruins my desk." she said and hangs up.

 

It's very obvious that she's being defensive. Heol Lee Jieun.

 

Anyway back to my sister. I have to ask her something about the musical.

 

I go to the other room without knocking.

 

She's on her bed hugging her knees.

 

It's not a new thing that unnie is so quiet but I'm to seeing her quiet with mysterious expression than quiet with a sad expression.

 

I sat on the edge of the bed beside her.

 

"Unnie. You know you can share me everything. Don't be like this" I said trying to convince her to talk to me and start sharing her problems.

 

She looks at me and force a smile that didn't even reach her eyes.

 

"I'm ok don't worry" She said.

 

"Unnie I'm not a kid and you are just a year older than me. I could easily tell that you are not ok. You will never be ok when Hyomin unnie is not talking to you plus you are not on the musical anymore. I'm sure you’re very lonely" I explained her eyes widen.

 

"How did you know that I quit on the musical?" She asks looking so surprised.

 

"So you really did quit on the musical. Heol. Wae unnie? Isn't that your dream? To play a part on the musical? Why did you quit?" I ask.

 

I feel frustrated for her and at the same time confused.

 

"When you have two important things and you came to the point that you have to let go of the other to save the other. You got to choose your priority. You have to choose the most important one out of the most important things." She said

 

I frowned.

 

"What do you mean unnie? Can you please explain it to me?" I ask but she didn't respond again.

 

I sighed.

 

This is so hard.

 

I turn to my right and saw something on her drawer.

 

I got curious so I open the drawer.

 

It's an envelope.

 

To Park Hyomin

 

Why does she have this?

 

I open it. I gasped.

 

"Unnie" I called her and she immediately get up and grab the envelope to me.

 

"Lee Areum. You shouldn't have touched this it's not yours!" She said a little bit raising her voice to me

 

"Since when did you care about me touching your things? And it's not yours unnie that envelope says it's for Hyomin unnie. And that picture, that's the guy you meet on the restaurant. Unnie what's going on?"

 

It's really frustrating that I can run to her all the time that I need help but she didn't allow me to help her when she needed one.

 

She sighed and sits on the bed.

 

"That guy wanted to get her revenge on Hyomin. He wanted Hyomin to quit on her career or if not he will do it the hard way and that is by ruining her image of course I can't let that happen. As you can see Hyomin loves her career so much and it'll be too much frustration for her if she loses it." She explained

 

"So you offered to give up your career instead of Hyomin unnie's" I concluded.

 

Now I know why.

 

"You know. Hyomin unnie should know about this." I said

 

"How? She don't wanna talk to me and I think she's happy with Sunny now" She said and then hide herself under the covers.

 

I wish I know how to help you unnie.

 

Maybe I could ask Sweetie for a little help.

 

"Unnie don't stress yourself too much. Everything will be ok" I said and leave her room.

 

We got to do something about this.

 

 

JIYEON'S POV

 

We are here in the living room. Waiting for SoRam couple to arrive. Areumie suddenly call for an emergency meeting. Everybody is here except for SoRam and MinKyul.

 

I'm not really sure about this meeting's agenda but I'm sure it is for MinKyul.

 

Tss. SoRam takes so long.

 

I'm sitting comfortably in the sofa. Crossed arms, cross legs while leaning on Jungie. Her arm around my shoulder.

 

"Are you sure you two are really fighting?" Hyeri curiously ask while they are looking at us weirdly.

 

I just nod.

 

Jungie and I never talk to each other after that incident in her office but there's not much change at all. She still sends me to school and fetch me after. But of course still no kissing as her punishment and we don't really talk to each other.

 

I don't know but she doesn't want to talk to me I'm not talking to her too plus I'm still really annoyed of her secretary.

 

"Wow if unnie and Hyomin unnie fight like the way you do there would be no problem at all" Areumie commented.

 

"What are you saying?" I raised my eyebrows to her.

 

"Jiyeonnie. You and Eunjung are acting all sweet and clingy even though you are not talking and you have the no kissing policy for a month" Suzy explained.

 

Me and Jungie?

 

Sweet and clingy?

 

Nah, they gotta be kidding.

 

Tss. We are fighting and not like that.

 

Jungie pull me closer to her and lean her head over mine I can feel that she smells my hair.

 

That's not being sweet and clingy she's just bored.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter