Chapter 77

My Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

 

I'm so nervous I almost didn't sleep because of this proposal and now I'm standing right in front of this tall building.

 

I take a deep breath before going inside. I wasn't nervous because of the proposal but I was nervous because I will be facing Jiyeon's grandma and because I'm Jiyeon's girlfriend it'll be double hard for sure.

 

"Miss Ham Madam is waiting for you inside" her secretary told me.

 

This is it

 

I get inside her office. She was on her table busy signing papers.

 

"Take your sit Eunjung-shi" She said

 

"Uhm Neh" I sit on the chair in front of her table.

 

If this person only knows how to smile maybe she would be less scary.

 

"So what brought you here?" She stop signing papers and look at me.

 

"Uhm I'm here for the proposal from Ham Corporation" I replied.

 

"Hmm I see the one about opening a branch in Korea" she said.

 

"Yes, it's that one" I answer

 

"The proposal is good and impressive I think it would be worth giving a try. It would make me say yes immediately." She said

 

"Really?" I can't believe she said it's impressive.

 

"Yes indeed but the fact that you are going to manage it......That make me think twice" She said.

 

Mwo?

 

I knew it this won't be easy.

 

"Ma'am I know we have an agreement but I can't stay away from your granddaughter especially when she asks me to stay. I will do everything to prove to you that I'm worth it to be with your granddaughter. I'm willing to do anything. Please." I said almost begging to her.

 

"Hmm. You are willing to do everything?" She asks.

 

"Neh"

 

"Alright then. I will let my secretary have her leave for two weeks and I want you to be act as my temporary assistant and after two weeks we will figure out if this proposal of yours is worth signing" She said.

 

At least I have a chance.

 

I'll do this for you baby. I know I said I'll only be gone for a week but I have to add another week just to be with you forever. Please wait a little longer.

 

"Thank you Madam I'm going to give you my time and effort" I said

 

"But I have to tell you that I change my secretary changes every week. They all quit after working for a week because the work is really hard. You can quit now too." She said

 

Was it really that hard?

 

"No Madam I promise to you I'll survive for two weeks." I said full of determination.

 

"Good coz your work will start right now" She said.

 

What? Right now?

 

"Do you have problem?" She asks.

 

"No, no I could start now. Madam" I just answer.

 

Well good luck to me.

 

I'll just call the others later I think.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YOONA'S POV

 

It's already dark. Nothing much happen today. We just wait for the unnies to come

Right now we are still in Suzy's house waiting for the unnies to return.

 

Taeyeon and I never come home yet. I'm sure we are going to be dead. We are still grounded though

 

IU is watching TV and so I but I'm not paying attention to whatever IU is watching. Suzy and Areumie those two. They are here with us on the living room but they are in their own world. Acting all sweet. Tss I miss Taeyeon.

 

"By the way Yoona I have good news for you."IU said and I look at her.

 

"Mwo?" i curiously ask.

 

"My parents said that the engagement was off" she said.

 

I heard her say that they call off the engagement right?

 

"Are you joking? Is this real? Is this hidden camera? Where is it?" I said and look around

 

IU then hit my head with the book.

 

"Ouch IU that hurts" I complained

 

"I'm telling you the truth and you want it to be a joke. Are you crazy Im Yoona" She said.

 

So this is real

 

No engagement.

 

No more marriage.

 

I can't wait to give Taeyeon the good news. I hope they brought one too.

 

After a few minutes we heard a car approaching.

 

"I think they are here now" I said and we immediately go outside to meet them

 

"Unnie did you find them? Where is Jiyeon?" Suzy excitedly ask and we are hoping for a good news

 

But

 

Seeing the looks on their faces they don't look like someone who will bring good news.

 

"Tae what happen? Where is Jiyeon?" I ask her.

 

"We don't know. They are not there. Jessica already left the country and she's alone. No Jiyeon." She said

 

"Yah can't we tell the police about it?" Suzy suggested.

 

"We already do that Suzy-ah. You better tell your grandma and your parents about it so they could help but make sure that Eunjung will never find out about this. We will tell her when she's back" Soyeon unnie said.

 

Everyone is feeling gloomy. I have good news to Tae but I can't be fully happy because my best friend is still missing.

 

Ottokkhae?

 

We already decided to come home but Hyomin unnie Qri unnie and Areumie were left to accompany Suzy.

 

"It's my entire fault" Taeyeon said while driving.

 

"No it's no one’s fault. Don't say that. You did your best to warn us as immediate as you can. I believe Jirong is ok. I believe in her. Coz she's beautiful" I said but my tears are starting to fall.

 

I can't think of negative things.

 

Jirong is fine and she will be back for us, for her Jungie.

 

I sighed and wipe my tears. I shouldn't have been crying.

 

"Tae IU told me that the engagement was off" I said.

 

And my soul almost separated to my body because she suddenly hit the brake.

 

I'm thankful to the one who invented this thing called seatbelt I'm still alive.

 

"YAH I TOLD YOU TO WARN ME IF YOUR GOING TO DO THAT" I yelled because this is the second time she did this and my third time experiencing this let's include the one with Hyomin unnie.

 

Damn.

 

Note to self: Never tell Kim Taeyeon shocking news while she's driving if you don't want to experience a life-threatening phenomenon.

 

"I-I'm sorry are you ok? But what did you say? Your engagement was called off? Did I just hear it right?" She ask

 

 

She has just had the same reaction as me when I first heard the news.

 

"Yeah like what you just heard" I said and smile at her and she immediately start the car again and drive so fast.

 

"YAH KIM TAEYEON SLOW DOWN" I yelled.

 

This girl might not kill me from a car accident because she drive so fast but she kill me because of giving me heart attack.

 

When we reach home I immediately get out of the car and throw up.

 

This Kim Taeyeon. I feel like my stomach was flipped upside down.

 

"Hey are you ok" Taeyeon came and rub my back.

 

"Yah do you think I'm ok?" I irritably ask her.

 

"Sorry I just got excited." She apologizes and hugs me.

 

"Hmm let's go inside you need to shower Yoongie. You stink." She said and I her arm.

 

She just laughs.

 

We entered the house holding each other’s hand and found out mom and dad on the living room.

 

We greeted them.

 

There was silence.

 

"Eherm..You know you two are grounded right?" Dad said.

 

Just as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter