Darkness

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ooh, how many tattoos did you draw?" Lu Han asked to entertain Seohyun. She showed him the intricate designs from JungKook's marker, on her collarbone and hip and bicep. JungKook showed off the delicate flowers drawn on his neck and forearm.

"I think she cheated and drew some more on the way here," JungKook chuckled. Seohyun laughed.

"We only had one sharpie!"

"Except you had a blue marker in the car, didn't you?" He returned. After ordering their coffee, JungKook got his first and tapped the chair next to YoonGi. "Am I allowed to sit here? Or should I sit somewhere else?" He asked quietly.

"JungKook, just sit down," he ordered. JungKook rolled his eyes but complied anyway. The older spoke up first about the animosity between the two of them. "You just disappeared for a while. No one really knew what was going on, and you didn't tell anyone, either. So I'm sorry for being a , but when you've watched your girlfriend fall apart for a voicemail for someone who doesn't bother picking up, it's hard to have sympathy," he admitted. "So don't do it again."

"I promise I won't."

The next few months, the colours started fading in Seohyun's eyes. JungKook wanted to ask these days because she never acted out anymore, but he found that it was easiest to just go with it. They fell back together into the relationship that was direly necessary for the both of them.

Seohyun had just walked into living room with a smile when he noticed her eyes were bright yellow for the first time in a long time, instead of the echoes of dull shades balanced behind her eyes. "You know what we haven't done in a while?" She asked.

JungKook shrugged. " in the shower?" He offered. Seohyun frowned.

"I meant the last successful thing we haven't done in a while," she pointed out. JungKook grinned proudly.

"Well, we both came, didn't we? And goddamn if you didn't look like a goddess," he remarked. Seohyun smiled and sat next to him on the couch, holding the edge of his jaw as she kissed his lips.

"JungKook, you somehow managed to twist your ankle getting out of the shower and we had to ice it while I kissed you to make sure you didn't feel too bad," she murmured.

"You win some, you lose some. And what can I say? Testosterone is a natural pain reducer," he giggled.

"I meant dancing," she returned. JungKook shrugged and smiled.

"Would you want to do that tonight?" He asked. Seohyun nodded excitedly and left to get dressed.

It was an older dress that he'd seen on a few occasions before, a dark red two-piece with short sleeves and a skirt that ended mid-thigh. She'd grown to like two-piece dresses quite a lot, with the slip of skin showing that kept boys on their toes. JungKook appreciated the trend, knowing she felt good about herself that way.

He wore the same outfit as the first time they went dancing - the black pants and shoes, the light blue business shirt with rolled up sleeves, the earrings decorating his ears.

Seohyun felt like she would fall in love with him just as easy. "Don't you look handsome, JungKookie?" She reminded him with a kiss. 

On their way, Seohyun noticed a few more familiar faces. Kim Kibum, her chemistry partner of senior year. They'd just finished a project before she died.

Wang Fei Fei, the girl she used to talk to in P.E when they didn't feel like running. Seohyun always thought that if she were to like girls, Fei would be the girl she fell in love with.

Byun Baekhyun, the soccer player who took her out on a few dates before she eventually decided on YongHwa. He was mentioned in her letter as one of the people who made her happy when she was broken.

Seohyun tried to put her thoughts elsewhere as JungKook parked his car and opened her door for her. She smiled politely and took his hand as she got out, meeting the eyes of the boy who stayed with her regardless of everything she was. She giggled lightly when he slipped his arm around her waist and kissed her head before they walked in.

It was comforting to find stability in his smile. In fact, it was comforting to find that he was entirely stable for himself. She could always count

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter