Poetry

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Taehyung agreed to take Yuri to JungKook's house with him to watch Seohyun. "So, you know her?" Taehyung asked as he pulled up to the house.

"Yeah, I know her from high school," Yuri answered. Taehyung must've had that stomach-dropping, heartbroken, are-you-ing-serious expression written on his face because Yuri quickly got uncomfortable with the thick, almost blaming atmosphere that had risen in the car as she reverted her eyes to her candy blue manicured nails.

"Dear god, Yuri, I hope you know what the problem with that is," Taehyung said blatantly, his tone hard and icy. Well, he never was one to sugarcoat things. She was still examining her nails with the most intense focus that she had at the moment. "Yuri."

"What do you mean, Taehyung?" She asked under her breath. Taehyung leaned back in his seat, his hand still on the steering wheel as he sighed gruffly and his body collapsed against the seat.

"You know what she is, don't you?" He asked. Yuri gritted her teeth and shut her eyes, trying hard to forget what her best friend had become.

"She's a demon, I know, let's go inside," she replied.

"Did JungKook tell you?" Taehyung asked softly, his eyes opening.

"No, Yoona did," Yuri said.

"Okay, well, be careful with her, Noona. She has different emotions now. She does more damage-"

"Don't say that! Stop it, Taehyung, please. It's been stressful enough, come on, let's go inside," she said, making a point to slam the car door.

"Taehyung, you're- Eonni!" Seohyun squealed with excitement, throwing her arms around the older girl.

Minutes passed and Yuri watched as Taehyung took to drawing with Seohyun. "Do you want any food, Seohyun? I want kalbi beef," Taehyung said suddenly. Seohyun giggled, rolling onto her back and looking up at Taehyung with a bubbly smile while her caramel-silk hair poured onto her end of the sketchbook.

"I don't know if JungKook has any. But you could make us all some food," she suggested. Taehyung crinkled his nose but got up anyway, taking Yuri's arm and letting his lips near her ear.

"Be careful, okay?" He whispered.

"I don't need you to tell me that, Tae-Tae. I'm fine," she responded sweetly, waving the boy away.

"Oh my god, I should call him that! That's such a cute name for him!" Seohyun stated. Yuri giggled at the younger girl. She was different now, or maybe she was just this way with people she knew, but Seohyun seemed so airy and happy and carefree.

"Christmas is next week or so, have you decided on what you'll get JungKook?" Yuri asked. Seohyun sat up to her knees and beamed at Yuri, her eyes turning a bright yellow, and while it was concerning to the older, she decided not to mention it because maybe it had to do with the fact that she was a demon.

"JungKookie's my boyfriend," she chirped. Yuri chuckled.

"I know. What are you getting him for Christmas?" She repeated.

"I don't know, I could get him a scarf. Or a new wallet, his old one is falling apart. I don't know, I'll have to go shopping with Taehyung this weekend. I talked about you guys last night with him. He says he hopes I find a rich man because I wanted a slightly bigger stone than you. But I think he could be rich someday," Seohyun explained.

"Do you plan to marry him?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter