She's A Darling

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JungKook sighed as he got out of bed the next morning. Seohyun was still asleep, curled up with a warm blue blanket in her arms that had rested just over her s and under her arm. She looked so gentle and innocent there, like a young child who was a bundle of energy when she was awake. Except, she didn't look like a child. Seohyun had womanly features and a mature face shape, and she had slightly darkened circles under her eyes, which didn't make sense because she slept whenever possible and they had slept together last night.

JungKook almost wondered whether he should stay, because her back was exposed and she could get cold because she had no shirt on.

But he didn't. JungKook put on a black button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a pair of jeans before he walked out the door. Taehyung's car had already pulled up, and he gave his best friend a quick wave before leaving. He would've been lying if he said it didn't bother him, just a bit, that his best friend always got to spend more time with Seohyun than he could. That's all JungKook wanted to do nowadays: spend time with Seohyun.

Once he got to work, the only thing on his mind was Seohyun. Something about her seemed off last night. He had a feeling that she was lying about the candles, but there was nothing he could do about it now. Taehyung would take care of it.

JungKook sighed gruffly and leaned forward on his elbows. His shifts were always early and always slow, so he would always set everything up. But he'd already done that. "Something wrong?" Suzy, one of his co-workers and friends, asked him. She had a sweet, thoughtful voice, like she could do no harm. But JungKook knew from experience that she could break a pool table when intoxicated. She had a wild side and that was why he was friends with her.

"No, uhh, nothing in particular," he said, staring straight forward.

"What is it, then?" She questioned with raised eyebrows.

"Just... My girlfriend is always alone at home. Like she has friends to hang out with and everything, but still, I want to be the one hanging out with her," he explained. Suzy nodded knowingly.

"Then why don't you ever take off work to spend time with her? There are definitely a few days when Sulli can come in to work, instead," she offered. JungKook pressed his lips together while he thought. If JungKook wanted JinRi to take his shift, he'd let her, but he didn't. He needed the money.

"I really can't do that. I have a job for a reason," he responded.

"Then why doesn't she ever come here? I mean, it's not a bad place, and it's not dark and dirty like a nightclub. It's a clean place and everything," Suzy suggested.

"Because she's always out with Taehyung, and this is a bar. I don't think she's interested in bars," he replied. 

"But she's interested in you," she reminded him, pulling out her phone discreetly and starting a new message. "Besides, I'm sure she won't care about the bar part. If she's a good girlfriend, she'll have to realize that you're earning money for the both of y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter