Crowded World

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They both sat in the living room, with an icepack to the back of Seohyun's head and gauze taped all over to JungKook's chest. And Seohyun couldn't help but want to look over every few seconds at JungKook, just to see if he was okay (or to see if he was looking at her, or just to steal a glance at him). "Are either of you even listening?"

Oh yeah, and Yuri had shown up to lecture them. "Noona, we've heard all we can comprehend for right now. We're exhausted," JungKook told her.

"This is the problem with you two. Neither one of you wants help and-"

"Yuri, we get it," JungKook cut her off sharply. Yuri huffed and left the room, going over to her fiancé to help with dinner in the kitchen. Yoona and YoonGi were already setting the table in the front room and getting excited over dinner because Jin was apparently a great cook, while Taehyung and Suzy were obviously making out in one of the bedrooms, sharing smiles and Suzy's lipstick.

"Seo, come sit next to me," JungKook commanded, patting the spot next to him on the couch.

Seohyun obeyed and sat next to him, leaning over with her elbows on her knees. "I'm sorry you got into that," he said.

"It was fine," she replied.

"Yeah, you fought back. And you looked great while doing it," he complimented her. She smiled for a moment and leaned back on the couch, only to look at his bruises and the gauze squares and frown. "Hey, Seohyun," he said, poking her cheek. She looked over and he was smiling at her.

"What?" She asked.

"I'll be fine, okay? They're just cuts and bruises, I'll live," he said. Except she looked back at his chest anyway, noting the fact that he looked like someone had melted a child's crayon box under his skin, using only the blue, green, purple, and brown crayons.

"How does it not hurt?" She asked, meeting his eyes again.

"Eh, it's not that bad. I just don't think about it. But look at you! Look at your hands! You punched his face, sure, but you punched the concrete and you still kept going! It's almost like... Like-"

"Like I was a demon and I was born to fight?" She finished for him with a soft smile. JungKook smiled and picked up one of her bandaged hands to kiss the knuckles. Suddenly, everything hurt. Pain poured through her veins and she couldn't breathe, and she yanked back her hand, inspecting it curiously through teary eyes. "Ow," she whimpered, unsure of what was going on because she surely wasn't in this much pain a few seconds ago.

"What's wrong?" He asked, scooting closer to her and touching her arm softly. When he was sure she wouldn't react, he put his arm around her.

"It really hurts, JungKook, what do I do?" She asked as she panicked in a small voice.

"Where?"

"Everywhere, JungKook, I'm scared," she said. Seohyun, take this one. I'll make it stop hurting if you kill him now, her monsters whispered.

"It's okay, Seohyun. Just, just focus on me, alright?" JungKook said, turning to her and holding her small hands in his. How can you be weakened by him? Those big brown eyes? That soft black hair? Every other boy in Korea has that! Each one of them would fall at your feet if you demanded love. JungKook is insignificant! You're not human, what does this relationship mean to you?

Seohyun shut her eyes. "Stop, I can't. I can't. I can't, JungKook. I don't want to hurt you," she begged. He means nothing. He's another soul. He's another body in this crowded world. A body that kisses you and gives you pleasure and makes you go insane. He's nothing, really. You'll find another boy.

"But if you're hurting so much, don't you want to get rid of the pain?" He asked, leaning his face closer to Seohyun's before he jerked back in confusion and disgust. "What happened to you?" JungKook questioned, watching as a few veins drew black lines on her face. 

"What? What is it?" She asked in a panicked tone. You aren't beautiful a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter