Slow Dancing In The Front Room

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun woke up in the middle of the night and searched the covers for an absent body. When she couldn't find him, she groaned softly and rolled out of bed, clipping on a bra because her friends would surely be mortified if they suddenly woke up at 2 am and saw Seohyun topless. She left the room and saw the light in the kitchen, so she looked in and found a very bored and tired JungKook illuminated in the refrigerator light. He smiled at her. "What are you doing up so late, Seo?" He asked as she leaned against the doorway.

"I could ask you the same question."

"I couldn't sleep," he responded, examining the food in the fridge as if it was actually interesting. Seohyun smiled softly.

"So, were you hungry, or are you planning on doing something else with our food?" She giggled. JungKook sighed and closed the refrigerator, closing off most of the light, aside from the small red nightlight plugged into the wall from a long time ago.

"I wish it would snow," he replied inwardly. "Wouldn't that be beautiful, Seohyun? It used to snow when I was a kid and I wouldn't have to go to school. My big brother and I would play in the snow until our hands stung because we were so cold."

"And you wanted to help that by holding the fridge door open so you would get cold?" She returned, recognizing the indifferent and slightly disappointed expression on his face.

"I don't know."

"Are you okay?" Seohyun asked, stepping into the kitchen and taking his hand. He nodded and squeezed her hand.

"I miss home sometimes. Not much, but... Enough," he said, roaming his eyes around the room with a trembling sigh off his lips.

"You wanna know what'll make it better?" Seohyun offered. JungKook met her eyes and smiled.

"Sure. Tell me."

"Slow dancing in the front room," she answered with a bright smile, pulling him out of the kitchen to the front room. JungKook grinned as she fixed herself into the starting position and she placed his hand under her shoulder blade.

"You're so much shorter without heels," He stated softly with a giggle, careful not to wake anyone else up. Seohyun stuck her tongue out at him.

"I'm 168. Get used to it buddy," she replied. JungKook chuckled and pushed her hair out of her face as he began to move his feet accordingly.

"You're just so tiny, Seo," he , but he couldn't deny the fact that he absolutely adored her like this. Lacy black bra, underwear to match, her hair pooling over her shoulders, no make-up on. She was honestly every guy's fantasy, and here she was, right in his hands, where he could fall in love with her a thousand times over. There was still a sting, a quiet pinprick of pain when he remembered that Seohyun was a demon, but at least she was his demon.

"JungKook, have you ever considered the fact that maybe you're just too tall?" Seohyun asked, looking up at him with that effortless smile.

"You're beautiful, Seohyun," he responded, and even in the dark, he could see the slight scarlet in her cheeks and he loved it.

"You're hardly awake, JungKook."

"And tomorrow morning when I wake up late, you'll still be ing beautiful, Joo-Hyun," he returned.

"Don't curse," she ordered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter