Sick Of You

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days later:

°°°°°°°°

Seohyun pouted as she noticed JungKook wasn't paying attention to her anymore. He was looking past her, standing on his tip toes to look over her head. She didn't have the heart to look back, though. "What are you looking at, JungKook?" Seohyun asked.

"Nothing. Hey, Seo, think you could do me a favour?" He returned, meeting her eyes again.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Kiss me," he whispered, leaning his head close to hers and taking her hands. And Seohyun felt a flash of giddiness in the pit of her stomach as she moved her head closer and closer to his, glancing up once to meet his gaze with cautious eyes.

"Okay," she answered, pressing her lips against his softly as she closed her eyes. JungKook kissed her back with light enthusiasm, and Seohyun loved the way his lips moved with hers. It was like he wanted to guide her, to make sure she knew what she was doing, but he still advanced as much as he could. She liked it because he was leading, but at least he was helping her.

Suddenly, his hands let go of hers. One held her around her waist and the other held her cheek. He turned both of their bodies to the side while they kissed, and Seohyun loved the way he took control. Slowly, she allowed herself to snake her arms behind his neck, one on his back and the other on the back of his head.

" you, too, JungKook!" A girl yelled out, and Seohyun's eyes flew open and she looked over to see a girl running away crying.

"JungKook, who was that?"

 

And that was when Seohyun woke up and sat up, pounding heart and a headache and rapid breath. JungKook woke up as well and the lamp next to his bed. "Are you okay?"

"B-But, she was... Y-You, a-and it felt r-real... N-No, JungKook, w-why...?" Seohyun quivered. JungKook sat up.

"Seohy-"

"Don't ing touch me!" She shrieked at the top of her lungs, swiping JungKook's hand off her shoulder. JungKook stared at her for a few seconds, shocked at her outburst. Seohyun just stared back at him with glossy eyes, seconds from crying.

"Okay, whoa, you need to chill. Are you feeling okay? You look really pale," he said.

"Yeah, well, I've always been really pale so that doesn't-"

"No, but Seohyun, you're really pale right now. And you really don't look well. I'm gonna test your forehead, okay? I'm going to touch your forehead," he warned, looking for her approval as he held up a hand near her head. Seohyun nodded softly and he lightly pressed the back of his hand against her forehead and immediately took it away as he let out a hissing sound. "You're burning up, Seohyun. How did you get so sick?" JungKook asked softly. Seohyun felt all her anger boil in her veins and she was so close to actually snapping and hurting him. And she didn't know why.

"I'm just s-sick of you, J-JungKook," she said, trembling with fury. She shut her eyes and breathed heavily, holding her arms like she was cold as she repeated to herself, JungKook is good. Don't hurt him. JungKook is trying to help. Don't touch him, Joo-Hyun.

JungKook exhaled sharply and stared straight forward. "Okay, well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but-"

"Who was that girl, JungKook? The one who cried and yelled at you when you kissed me?" She whispered. JungKook blushed and sank down a bit.

"But I've never kissed you..." He answered.

"So help me, I am using every ounce of willpower I have ever owned to keep myself from either crying or breaking your neck, and I really don't want to do either of those things, so please tell me who the girl was," she quivered.

"I don't know who you're talking about," he responded. Seohyun closed her eyes tighter and dug her nails into her arms. "Are you okay?" JungKook asked.

"No, I'm not. I'm c-cold and hot at the same t-time and I can't think because m-my head hurts like I've been hit with a truck and I feel like I'll throw up, and you kissed me and a girl ran away crying," Seohyun explained, rubbing her temples.

"That's called a fever dream, Seohyun. They seem real, but they're not. You're sick," JungKook replied.

"But I'm a-"

"Yeah, I know you're a demon, but human bodies still get sick. I don't know the science of it, but demons either get way more sick or way less sick than people. I wouldn't know, and there's not exactly a guide to demons, Seo," he pointed out. Then he paused and opened his mouth to say something, but he closed it. "Here, I'll sleep in the living room," he whispered.

"But-"

"I must've gotten you sick. I'm sorry," he interrupted, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear before he got out of bed.

Seohyun sat on the bed, lonely and painful. What would she do now? JungKook had work in the morning and Taehyung probably wouldn't come over because he would get sick, too. And it didn't help that she was going to be bored as hell with nothing to do. Watching TV was boring, drawing was boring unless someone drew with her, and sleeping just se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter