Part of Your Life

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a night of less than enough sleep, Seohyun pretended to sleep when she heard JungKook knock on the door. Then she heard it open and JungKook's voice followed. But she refused to listen. "Seohyun, come on, get u-"

Seohyun lashed back and held the arm that touched her shoulder, digging her nails into his wrist and holding him so tightly that she cut off his circulation. "What are you doing?" He hissed, trying to yank his arm back, but she wouldn't let go.

"Do you break people for a living, JungKook?" She asked darkly. JungKook met her eyes and noticed they were black.

"Seo Joo-Hyun, let go of me right now," he ordered. Seohyun leaned her face closer to his and glared.

"What makes you think I'll listen to you? You're a weak, harmless human," she tempted him. JungKook narrowed his eyes at her.

"I mean, I know you won't kill me. I'm the only one who takes care of you," he growled.

"I could simply kill you and find Tiffany," she returned.

"I would still never have to look at you in Heaven," he replied. Seohyun let go of his arm but her eyes remained black. He stood up straight and smirked at her. "Come on, lose that silly little look in your eyes."

"You used to be worth it, JungKook," she spat.

*************************************************

Seohyun woke up with shivers running down her back. It was 7 am, she checked the clock, and she found it bothersome that JungKook hadn't woken up yet to see her. She left the room to find that JungKook was simply working on his old laptop, the one he'd gotten fixed. She stood against the wall, crossed her arms, and watched him intently.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" He asked, raising his eyes slightly to meet hers. She lied and nodded. Last night had been one of the worst slumbers of her life. She would rather have slept in a coffin. "That's good."

"How about you, JungKook-ah? Did you sleep well?" She returned softly. He looked back down to the computer screen and gave her a thumbs up.

"Yep."

"I'm sorry, but can we talk?" Seohyun asked.

"What about?" JungKook questioned. She took a deep breath as she prepared the words sinking in .

"About how absolutely sorry I am," she answered, and she stopped herself from crying with a few more deep breaths. JungKook sighed and closed his laptop, setting it on the table before he finally looked in her eyes again. He seemed so bored of the topic already, like he'd heard it over and over and now it was just old, like he'd gotten tired of the joke because while everyone had moved on, he still didn't get the punchline.

"What do you have to be sorry about?" JungKook asked. He said it in such a tone that it felt snarky and sarcastic, like, "Huh. You have the emotional capacity to regret things? Isn't that sad, Seohyun?" And she looked away from his eyes because she couldn't take the pressure of his vaguely annoyed gaze.

"I'm sorry about you. Like, I'm so sorry that I ever got into your life because maybe you would've- No, I know you would've been better off without me. I know you'd be happier and you'd settle down with a beautiful girl, like one that they sing about in love songs, with tattoos and an innocent look in her eyes instead of colours that remind you how messed up she is. And your friends wouldn't have to break down because they knew me when I was human. And you wouldn't have to tell people that the reason why you put up walls is because there was a demon who made you fall in love and wasn't there to catch you," Seohyun told him, tears dripping on the floor. And at the moment, she was tempted to apologize for even letting her tears fall on his floor.

"Seohyun, it's not your fault. I was the one who came up to you," he pointed out. Seohyun shook her head and closed her eyes for a moment to regain her voice.

"I should've just walked away. You would've been hurt for a minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter