Only One

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 8:36 pm, 20 minutes after Taehyung had left. And Seohyun smiled as she allowed herself to lean back in JungKook's lap, numbed of most of the pain as they both sat on the couch. She'd taken enough pills to last her two days, but JungKook had gotten so afraid that she would start crying or that she would start gritting her teeth and raking her nails down her wrist again - yes, she did that. And it drew blood so JungKook had to wrap her wrists in thin cotton bandages.

Either way, it didn't matter, because Seohyun had calmed down immensely. Every few minutes or so, she would compliment her surroundings or say something childish and ask for more medicine. At one point, she stated that her tummy hurt and she wanted to make it stop, and two seconds later, she vomited on the floor.

And JungKook was partly glad because Seohyun really, really didn't need that much medicine in her system.

"JungKook, I like your hair," Seohyun stated absentmindedly. JungKook smiled and nodded.

"Thank you," he replied.

"Can I have a kiss?" She asked. JungKook leaned down and kissed her head before returning his attention to the TV. "JungKook?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to stay with you, but once I'm healed, I have to find Tiffany," she said seriously and quickly. And if JungKook hadn't had any restraint, he would've kissed her right then and there, pressed his lips against her perfect pair and part them just enough to feel her breath. And if everything had gone right, she would've eased herself upwards and kissed him back just as passionately as he felt for her. And when they pulled away, he would've given her that loose, easy-going smile that he hadn't done since high school, and he would've just said, "But why do that when you could love me?"

But he didn't do that. Instead, JungKook felt words choke up in his throat when he tried to respond and then he bit his lip hopelessly as he leaned back on the couch. "I know," he said softly.

"JungKook?"

"Hmm?" He hummed in response, hardly trusting his fumbling tongue with better responses.

"You seem sad. What's wrong?" Seohyun asked gently. JungKook looked down his lap with a sigh. "Is it because of me?"

JungKook shook his head. "It's really nothing. It's just something stupid and immature, and it's not like you could help anyway," he responded gently. Seohyun sat up and leaned against his arm, resting her chin on his broad shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"It's not your fault," he lied.

"I know it is. But I know you don't want to talk about it, so all I can tell you is that I'm sorry," she told him softly. JungKook felt his heart shrivel up and poof into dust at her words. How horrible it must be, he thought, to know you're the root of someone's problems and not wanting to push them into telling you.

"Seohyun, it's really not your fault."

"It's about Tiffany, isn't it?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter