Exhausting

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona had asked about her before. JungKook always changed the subject, but it was hard to avoid it for too long. "JungKook, goddamn it, tell me what happened to my friend," she hissed at dinner one night. JungKook shrugged.

"You know that saying that if you love something, let it go?" He asked. Yoona nodded and he took a long, slow sip of his hot chocolate. He avoided her eyes as he spoke again. "Apparently I loved her."

It had been about 3 and a half months since any of them had seen Seohyun, and hell if Yoona and Yuri weren't going completely insane. Both of them were concerned that they already had gone insane, because what if she was just an illusion? But she wasn't. And she never had been, because her body is in his arms at night and the burned out lighters she used for candles and those hickeys on his neck that day were all too real. He would know about the bruises; they lasted for a week and a half.

Besides, it would be much too elaborate to pull a trick like that.

No, Seo Joo-Hyun was definitely real. But the question was, did that still apply? Was Seohyun still out there, and if so, where did she go?

JungKook got the answer to at least one of those questions on a rainy Sunday evening in early April. He was sitting on the couch watching a movie with Taehyung and Suzy, trying desperately to forget that he was an awkward third wheel when Taehyung put his arm around her. "Pause the movie, I'm going to the bathroom," Taehyung said, so Suzy pressed pause and unlinked their fingers. JungKook stood up and went into the kitchen with the excuse that he heard someone knocking. As he looked through the fridge, he actually did hear a knock, so he grabbed a ginger ale and headed to the door.

And his heart actually stopped and he choked on his drink when he met her eyes. She smiled lightly, but he could tell she was absolutely miserable, with her hair dripping wet and stringy and her light jacket giving her as little protection from the rain as it possibly could. She wore a dress, too, a floral blue one with pink and white flowers. It hugged her waist but didn't cling to her or her legs. In fact, it puffed a bit more around her legs and ended at her knees.

But her smile was brighter than anything when she looked at him. "Hi," she greeted him.

JungKook swallowed and sighed, opening the door a bit more so she could come in. "Take off those shoes and go get changed or something. I don't want a wet house. I'll get a towel, so you might want to take a shower, too," he advised. Seohyun giggled and stepped inside, taking her shoes off and putting them neatly next to the door.

"You could come with me," she said suggestively on her way to his room. JungKook chuckled and followed to get a towel from the closet.

"I have friends over. I don't think I can," he answered, handing her a towel. Seohyun looked to the living room.

"Well, they're making out and touching each other so I doubt they'll notice if you're gone," she stated.

"Yeah, well, they'd notice if we were loud enough," he replied with a raised eyebrow. Seohyun laughed.

"Maybe later then," she said. Taehyung looked up and his mouth hung open to see her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter