Safe

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun arched her back with a whimper, flattening herself against the bed while her back began to sting. "Shh, Seohyun, I won't hurt you," he said, lifting the back of her shirt up a little higher.

"But it's hurting right now..." She whined.

"I know, but I'm trying really hard to make it not hurt as much. Some of it's healed a bit already, Seohyun! Isn't that great?" JungKook asked excitedly as he tried to comfort her, but Seohyun only responded with technicality.

"Of course it heals fast. I'm not a human, JungKook. Demons heal faster than people do," she replied as she gripped the sheets.

"I'm trying to help you, Seo," he stated. Seohyun flipped around and sat up, glaring at him with black irises. And he saw that image, that window to Hell, and it was different from the very first time because now he saw himself being held up against a wall with a knife pointed to his throat. JungKook choked on the air at the picture.

He glanced down to her hands and realized she was holding one back with the other, nails digging deeply into the straining skin of her wrist. "Stop it, you'll make it worse," she scorned, yanking her hand away when he reached for it.

"Listen to me, okay? You're completely safe. Everything that hurts is completely fixable, and I'm trying to fix it, so it won't hurt anymore. But it's gonna cost some pain to help you, because nothing's 100% painless. That's what being human is, or at least having a human body. But I promise that as long as I'm here, I'll try my best to protect you, okay?" JungKook promised, and somewhere in the middle, his hand was on hers and and her eyes had gone brown again. And Seohyun was breathless when she looked down to her hand. His hand is on mine what do I do come on Seohyun think. But she couldn't. Not when she looked back up and she was staring into his gentle brown eyes. Not when he was searing every nerve in her body through her hand. Not when she was so close to him and filled with that innocent, young feeling of love again.

No, this was all wrong. She was a demon. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with her prey.

"U-Umm, don't... Don't do that," she said, removing her hand and avoiding his eyes. JungKook took his hand away and let out a nervous cough to fill the awkward air.

"Sorry, I didn't know you-"

"No, it's quite alright. It's okay to make mistakes," she said with a small smile. "And you're not the first boy to make that mistake, either," she added.

"I would imagine not," he said, clearing his throat.

"Thank you, JungKook. I'm glad I have you on my side, especially because you can protect me. I've needed that someone for a while now," she told him. JungKook smiled and nodded.

"Well, I'm your guy," he responded, unable to think quick on his feet anymore while he was too focused on trying to get rid of the blush staining his cheeks and reminding himself that oh we're probably going to be awkward now. Way to up, JungKook. Seriously, the one time I make a move...

"JungKook, what are you doing?" Seohyun asked.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. Look, sorry if that was really awkward or-"

Seohyun giggled. "It's okay. Like I said, it's happened before. Look, I hate to ruin the moment or something, but could you finish on my back?" She ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter