Candles

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung smiled as he walked in the door of JungKook's small house. There was Seohyun, waiting for him as always. There was a bright smile stretched across her lips. "Hey, Taehyunggie, how are you?" She asked delightedly.

"I'm fine. What, did JungKook you into a good mood? You're never this smiley in the morning," he giggled, earning a scoff and an elbow to the ribs for his comment.

"I don't speak to sailors," she stated, crossing her arms and turning up her nose. He laughed.

"I sincerely apologize, your highness," he replied formally with a bow. Seohyun giggled and nodded.

"Don't be rude to me. I could've been a princess in my past life. Be nice to me, Taehyung-ah," she said, her nose turned up and her eyes closed as she hid her smile. Taehyung stood up and rolled his eyes playfully, poking her shoulder. Seohyun gasped. "How dare you treat me with disrespect?" She asked disdainfully. Taehyung giggled.

"You're such a dork. JungKook told me you two spent the day together yesterday. You wanna tell me about it?" He asked with a smile and a raised eyebrow. Oh, yes, how she wanted to tell him. She wanted to tell everyone everything. How they danced, how JungKook sang, how beautiful she felt with him. She wanted to tell everyone about it, every detail down the exact shade of the hardwood under their shoes. And she seemed to look like she was busting at the seams with excitement to tell him. And before Seohyun let out the first word of her story, she asked a simple question.

"May I?"

"I'd love to hear about it," he said, completely unprepared. Seohyun grinned brightly and grabbed him by the wrist, almost swinging him into the living room onto the couch.

And Taehyung listened to every word and giggle and repetition that spilled from her eager mouth, even the ones where she questioned, "Is it weird that I liked that? Do normal girls like that? I don't care, I loved it, Taehyunggie."

What Seohyun didn't tell him was that she loved JungKook. The words wouldn't seem to come out, no matter how many times she counted to three in her head while she spoke and told herself she'd say it on three.

And she didn't tell him about how JungKook frowned, that glimpse of regret in his eyes that faded so quickly. Like poison melted into a particularly exquisite chocolate.

"Sounds like you had a wonderful time with him last night. Is there anything else?" Taehyung asked.

"Well..." She said, looking to her hands and fumbling with her fingers. Taehyung laughed immediately. "What?"

"I can't believe it, this whole time you've been talking to me about last night and just now you're shy? It has to be good," he declared. Seohyun muttered something he couldn't understand. "Come on, Seo, please?"

She sighed. "Before we started dancing, he looked sad for a second. There was one time before, when he got so annoyed at this one song that played next and he turned off his phone and everything and apparently, that was one of Min-Sun's favourite songs. So this time I asked him if it was one of her songs, and he said not to worry about it," she explained.

"It was definitely one of her songs. But like he said, don't worry about it. I'm sure you made that song better for him, anyway," Taehyung told her. The girl took a deep breath.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter