Forgive Me

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon enough, Seohyun and Tiffany led their significant others to the coffee shop with their conversation, some of it continued in a language that neither JungKook nor Jessica could understand. But JungKook recognized the name of her squishy frog and he knew they were talking about harmless things.

"Jessica!" Aron called out happily. Jessica beamed as she went over to hug him. "Hey, you brought JungKook and Seo. You know them?" He asked. Jessica hardly knew either of them, but she nodded anyway.

"Channie, how are you?" Tiffany asked as she leaned against the counter. 

"Go order. I'll get us all a table, okay?" JungKook offered in Seohyun's ear. She nodded in response and picked out a coffee from the board before she told Lu Han. She turned her head to meet Tiffany's evil eyes and smirk.

"So, those bruises on his neck are your doing, huh?" She asked quietly. Seohyun smiled shyly and looked at the counter. "How many souls did you pay to keep him?" Tiffany followed, and Seohyun really didn't know if her heart was still beating at the moment. It was worse than looking into Min-Sun's eyes, because Tiffany knew her and she could do absolutely anything to Seohyun. "Don't tell me you haven't taken any souls yet," the older girl giggled with a playful smile, though Seohyun could easily tell the meaning was there, staring the younger girl in the eyes and smirking distortedly while whispering in her ears in a sort of mantra, You haven't gotten any! You're too weak! Little Seohyun can't catch a soul, isn't that pathetic?

"Well, umm, I may... I may not-" Seohyun sputtered through her words before Tiffany cut her off and the older's smile was gone.

"Joo-Hyun, you can't do that. It's against the rules. You need something to sustain yourself as a demon. You're not supposed to pretend to be human," she warned the younger. The statement in itself was threatening, but the words alone reminded Seohyun perfectly of those fire alarms in school that talked. Something like "Don't use elevators, please exit the building as quickly as possible." Tiffany sounded like Please don't bend the rules, you'll get hurt that way. Drop JungKook as fast as you can.

"Okay, but-"

"Look, I know you were supposed to be with me, but come on. You should've tried," Tiffany stated in disappointment, taking both of their drinks from Gongchan.

They all sat by the shop window where they could watch the flurries float down effortlessly. Seohyun would've been interested too, but she could feel Tiffany's gaze boring into her skin even though the girl was focused on Jessica, who was currently chatting with JungKook. Tiffany probably found them both so interesting, like she was a medical student scanning the lifeless bodies in front of her, favouring one over the other. Seohyun began to think that maybe Tiffany didn't see humans anymore; maybe she just saw souls.

"So you were happy earlier, right? When your eyes were yellow?" Jessica asked Seohyun. Suddenly, reality was back and she was talking to a girl with orange hair and a silver nose ring. She and JungKook would get along.

"Yeah, why?" She asked.

"So why did Tiffany's eyes turn pink when she was happy?" JungKook asked. Seohyun looked to Tiffany to explain.

"Oh, okay, see, eye colour depends on where you were born. Like I was born in America, but Seohyun was born in Korea, so her eye colours are different," she explained with a smile. Seohyun nodded.

"We know a demon who was born in Russia. I think his name is Sacha. Anyway, his eyes are bright, electric blue when he's happy. It's really cool," Seohyun added, meeting JungKook's curious eyes. "The black and white is universal, though."

"That makes sense," JungKook stated.

"So, uh, what's up with all that on your neck? From what Tiffany described, Seohyun was pretty innocent," Jessica asked with a giggle. Her smirk quietly mirrored Tiffany's from earlier, but Jessica actually looked happy.

The rest of the day, they all played in the snow and had a snowball fight, the demons against the humans obviously, but it was dark by 7 and Tiffany demanded that she go to Seohyun's house just to check it out. Jessica agreed, so long as JungKook was okay with it.

Soon enough, Tiffany and Seohyun were deep in conversation, halfway exhausted and halfway arguing passionately about how Seohyun wasn't in love with JungKook. At one point, Tiffany just shivered and went inside. Seohyun followed, feeling suddenly tired of the conversation and wanting to say sorry. But she didn't, and she wouldn't. Tiffany knew better than to argue with Seohyun.

"So, besides love, what else have I missed?" Tiffany asked as they snuggled up on Seohyun's couch and the blanket thawed their frozen nerves. Seohyun put her head in Tiffany's neck and leeched whatever heat she had. Normally, it would be JungKook t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter