Sunsets

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had gone by, filled with Taehyung's energetic personality and waking up next to a boy who had gotten more comfortable with her again.

"Seohyun!" Taehyung yelled in the bedroom door. Seohyun sat up and covered herself, wide eyes as she checked the time. He giggled at her reaction.

"Tae, where's JungKook? It's Friday, he should be here," she stated tiredly, running one hand through her messy hair.

"Where's your shirt?"

"I didn't wear one. Where's JungKook?"

"I don't know~" he said suspiciously. Seohyun rolled her eyes.

"Taehyung, I'm gonna get dressed. Stay out and close the door," she commanded. Taehyung groaned but he obeyed anyway.

As Seohyun came out fully dressed, she looked and saw JungKook's fingers intertwined with the girl he swore he'd wanted to forget. They were sitting crossed-legged on the floor of the front room. JungKook looked different, younger and thinner with a smoother jawline and huge brown eyes that stared contently into some girl's eyes coated in eyeliner. She had bangs and long brown hair and make-up and piercings.

And they leaned closer and closer until their lips barely brushed.

*******

Seohyun opened her eyes to see pale skin on the body next to her. And she promptly got out of bed and ran to the bathroom to cry.

When she came back, JungKook was in bed with the lights on, scanning her up and down with concerned eyes. She was shaky and unsteady, tears still in her eyes and her arms crossed in a way that it looked like she was cold but more relaxed with her shoulders down. And she was breathing in broken, laboured breaths. "Seo? You okay?"

She shook her head. "I should sleep on the couch tonight. I don't feel well," she whispered.

"Are you sure? It's 2:09 am, I doubt it'll make a difference. You can sleep in my bed if you want," he stated. Seohyun whimpered and covered her face as she shook her head again.

"I can't."

"Why not? Seohyun, are you okay?" JungKook asked as he got out of bed.

"JungKook, I don't want to be here," she sobbed. He pried her hands off her face, to which she responded by raking her nails down his arms to get him to let go and sobbing even harder. She didn't know where that burst of anger came from, and all she wanted to do was apologize. That's not what left , however. "Stop it!" She demanded tearfully as she walked out to the living room. He followed.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, sitting next to her on the couch. Seohyun looked over at him for a moment before leaning against him, allowing him to hold her. And he held her tightly, turning his body so he could keep her body closer to his. Seohyun hugged him back, secretly glad they both wore shirts tonight because she was still crying and wet skin simply didn't feel as good. JungKook leaned back on the couch and leaned his cheek against her head as she cried on his shoulder. "Seohyun, shh. It's okay," he whispered.

"Y-You st-till l-lov-ve he-er," she stuttered.

"Who?" JungKook questioned softly.

"The g-girl with- S-She has b-black-k hair a-and eyel-liner," she answered shakily.

"Oh, Seohyun, I've stopped loving that girl a long time ago," he assured her.

"You k-kissed h-her."

"I haven't kissed her since college. She's gone and hopefully far, far away. Don't you worry about-"

Seohyun acted on impulse for once in her existence and crashed her lips against his. And though it started out awkward, JungKook was able to take control and Seohyun could melt at his touch.

They both pulled away at the same time, though, like their lips repelled each other. And JungKook met her eyes with a pathetic smile and e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter