Healing

Hell on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JungKook was in the living room with Seohyun when she played his voicemails from the past few weeks, while he had been spending most of his time in silence at work, doing nothing at home, or doing terrible things in clubs with Momo. He was hardly surprised by the subjects of the calls he didn't answer.

"JungKook, it's Suzy, answer your phone for 's sake. We need to talk."

This next one was from the day when Seohyun put on his make-up. "JungKook? Hi, it's Yoona. I just wanna make sure you're okay. Please call me back when you can."

"Hey, YoonGi here. We haven't seen you in a while. It's been two weeks since we've seen you." There was a sigh. "Look, kid, everyone's worried about you. For the love of god, talk to people. We're here for you if you need us. Bye."

"Kook-ah! Hey, buddy, I wanted to call and check up on you. Suzy said you haven't been talking much and I don't want you to get hurt." The happiness in Taehyung's voice was overshadowed by slight concern.

The next one was two days ago. "Hey, it's your Yoona-Noona again." She paused, leaving the air to amplify her quiet sniveling. "Please talk to us. Please, Sweetie, I know you don't want to hear from us, and I know we're beginning to sound a lot like we're your parents, but really, Kookie, I'm so scared. And I want to hear from you, okay? Please call, bye."

Seohyun sighed at the last one. "Don't you think they deserve to know what's going on?" She asked. He shrugged and met her eyes.

"Do you think they'd care about what I have to say?" He returned. Her gaze was sincere and gentle, whispering the words he never wanted to hear.

"JungKook, if I'm the only one you talk to, then I'm going to make a conclusion based on what you tell me all the time. Break up with her," she told him outright. He knew that was coming, and he sighed in response. "And don't say that it's not that easy, because it is. It just hurts," she reminded him.

"Wow, I didn't know you could be harsh," he chuckled dryly, knowing very well that was a lie. He could remember the bite behind her words when she said, forgive me if I forget who you used to be, because you are nothing like him.

"I'm being honest. She's ruining your life."

Seohyun had pretended to go to sleep an hour before Momo had shown up at 11. "JungKook, baby, we're going out tonight," Momo said as she breezed through the front door. He stood up and smiled at her. Maybe it'd be easier if she wasn't so pretty.

"Hey, Momo, how are you?" He greeted her, attempting to kiss her cheek but she pushed him away with a giggle.

"Someone's romantic tonight, yeah? Maybe later, baby, I need to look a little more presentable," she said as she went into his bedroom for a quick touch up on her make-up. As she came out, she chuckled and looked for his opinion. "How do I look?"

She looked fantastic. "Tempting, babe. As you always do," he offered. She grinned and took his hand, trying to pull him out the door. But he stood his ground.

"No, Momo, stop," he ordered, taking his hand back. JungKook met her eyes and tried to stand his ground. "I can't do this anymore. All of this, it needs to stop," he said firmly. He could feel whatever memories they had together melting away. His knees were shaking, and his hands, and his voice and , why is this so hard?

Momo turned and widened her eyes. "What do you mean?"

"All the drugs. I don't want to do it anymore."

Seohyun started listening in from her room.

She dismissed him light-heartedly. "Oh, JungKook, you're so lame," she stated, but as she noticed the concern in his eyes didn't dissipate, the well known smile glued to her lips fell. "JungKook. You're not a , okay? We're going out tonight. You can't have fun without drugs," she declared, making it seem just that simple when it really wasn't. It was sad.

He took a breath. "Listen, Momo, I've tried to help, but you're giving bad habits to me and I can't live like that. You're a bad influence. So either take the help you're given or stop coming to people that you keep hurting," he offered. Seohyun could only imagine the expression on Momo's face to match the scoff that followed his statement.

"Bull! I can't help that you're not strong enough to say no or that you just like me so much that you're willing to do everything that I do!" She seared. There was a moment of silence, perhaps left in disbelief outside the door.

"Sure, okay, I'll admit it, I might drink more than I should to impress you, but remember how pissed you got when I didn't do off the filthy table at your friend's house? I told you no and I had to ing drag you back home!" He cursed.

"Then why did you get involved with me in the first place? To push your limits?"

"No! That's not it at all! I got involved with you because I liked you! And I thought you would be a good girlfriend! I thought we could fall in love at some point, but I was wrong!" JungKook yelled furiously, the shivers in his words from anger and the breaks in his voice from weakness.

"What kind of foolish still believes in love?" She scorned.

Seohyun felt that one hit her hard.

"You know what? Get the out of my house! Don't ever come back!" JungKook shouted in the other room, causing the entire house to shake with a reverberated sound that made Seohyun want to cover her eyes and hide. A door slammed and the world fell silent in its wake. The whisper of sorrow sang off the house's windowsills, countertops,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter