Chapter 9- Bad decisions and broken doors

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh, hell no. That ing son of a . That stupid bastard. No, obviously he wasn't the one being stupid.... she was. She actually thought Luhan would be enough to stop him from coming for Ji An so she didn't even try to warn her. And now she was there. All alone. All because of Yeon Hee. She never wanted to kill somebody so badly in her entire life and that meant something, taking into consideration she stood in line at the coffee shops in the morning. Everybody was looking at her with expectation, just waiting for her next move. Just waiting for her to explode in anger. She swallowed the burning fury she felt and forced herself to walk slowly to them, looking relaxed and nochalant even though her blood was boiling in her veins. His smirk grew wider as she approached them while Ji An's eyes widened looking at her and she could almost see the silent pleading in them. Chen bumped Tao with his shoulder and pointed at her with a wicked smile on his face while Kris looked through the window, not interested in anything that was happening at the table. The only one missing at the table was Luhan. Did he plan that? Did he know Luhan would be at the meeting? That Soo Ae and I wouldn't be here as well? Is that why he chose this moment? Oh God, she underestimated him. And Ji An is paying the price for that mistake.Yeon Hee spread her lips into a fake sweet smile that almost cost her all the energy she possesed, trying not to appear like she just ran two flights of stairs in panic as she walked towards Ji An.

„ Am I so easily replaceable, Ji An? After all, I am only a few minutes late.“ Ji An shook her head nervously before glancing at the Prince of douchebags who sat comfortably in his chair, his eyebrow raised while he looked like he was enjoying every moment of the situation. Which he certainly was.

„ Don't blame her, we just wanted to talk to her a little bit. To get to know her. Like friends would do.“ He said in a nonchalant tone of voice, arrogantly looking at her face. Yeon Hee barely suppresed the urge to climb over the table and wipe that smirk of his face. Or strangle him with that stupid loose tie he always had.

„ I can't blame you, after all Ji An is a really special girl. Anybody would want to be her friend. But I have to disappoint you..... she already has a prior engagement with me today.“ He laughed at her words before pointing to the empty chair next to Ji An.

„ Maybe you can join us too, Yeon Hee-ah. I would really like to become your friend as well.“ Yeon Hee's smile barely twitched when she heard her name coming from his, still ed up, lips. It was so God damn weird. The first time he spoke her name in four years and her start stopped beating for a second in response. Yeon Hee, ha? Now I feel a sudden urge to change my name. She raised her eyebrow at him ignoring Chen and Tao who were giggling, glancing between them with expectation in their eyes. The whole cafeteria went silent while everybody tried to hear what the coldhearted demon and The Prince of douchebags were talking about.

„ Well, Minseok-ah, I am really honoured by your proposition. You just....melted my heart. But I do think Your Majesty shouldn't mingle with ordinary people like me. You should take care of that reputation of yours.“ She responded with a sweet expression on her face and a gentle voice while innocently batting her eyelashes at him.

„ Well, he is only the Prince of douchebags while you are the Queen of darkness, so technically he is the ordinary one...“ Chen silently mumbled his words into his glass of water causing both Yeon Hee and Minseok to turn to him with a raised eyebrow. Minseok gave him a death glare before turning to look at her again with a wicked smile.

„ I am glad you think so highly of me, Yeon Hee but that doesn't change my wish to get to know you two better. Maybe we can arrange something.“ Yeah, like your death.

„  Perhaps later, your Majesty. After all I have some duties to attend to at this moment, duties which include Ji An as well. I do hope the offer will still stand later. I would hate to miss this opportunity." She almost dragged Ji An out of her chair, forcing her to stand up. He smiled at her, something menacing shining in them when he spoke again.

„ Of course.... whenever you want. I do intend to get to know you, Yeon Hee-ah. I intend to get to know you very well.“ Yeon Hee raised her eyebrow at him in return with a sinister smile on her lips.

„ You may not like what you find, Minseok-ah.“ Like plans for your death.....

„ Oh, I sincerely doubt that. I am sure there is nothing about you I wouldn't like.“ He stared at her, curving his lips into an evil smile until Chen dramatically coughed, interrupting the eery silence around them.

„ Oh, I am sorry, it's very intense. I mean the soup. It's really spicy.“ Yeon Hee pulled Ji An away before nodding politely at them, trying to escape from there without another spoken word. She managed to take a couple of steps when she heard him speak in an amused tone, his voice following them as they walked.

„ It was a real pleasure talking to you, Ji An. I hope we can do this again sometimes.“ Ji An tried to turn around to answer but Yeon Hee pulled her back, not wasting another minute as she rushed out of the cafeteria. Soo Ae suddenly appeared at the door, her eyes wide in shock, panting because she ran to the cafeteria as well. Luhan was there too, looking at them in confusion, not understanding the situation. Soo Ae let out a yelp when Yeon Hee grabbed her by hand, passing Luhan without a glance, dragging both of her best friends to the nearest bathroom, locking the door before quickly approaching the very pale Ji An.

„ Ji An, are you OK? Did he threaten you?“ Soo Ae widened her eyes in realization, glancing between them both.

„ No way....he threatened her while we weren't there?“ Ji An shook her head before biting her lip.

„ N-no, he didn't threaten me, he just....“ Yeon Hee grabbed her by the shoulders, raising her voice at her, worry overwhelming her at the moment.

„ He just what?!“ Soo Ae grabbed her hand and pulled her back, speaking in an even tone of voice.

„ Yeon Hee-ah, relax. She is fine, give her some room to breathe, OK?“ Yeon Hee raised her hands in the air and backed away, starting to walking nervously up and down the bathroom while waiting for Ji An to speak. She seemed pale as a ghost and her voice was a little shaky when she spoke but other than that she seemed OK.

„ Stop it, Yeon Hee, I am fine.“ She said with an impatient tone of voice, brushing her bangs out of her eyes.

„ Do you want something to drink?“ Soo Ae asked in a gentle voice, moving a loose strand behind Ji An's ear with a worried expression on her face. Ji An nodded and Soo Ae fumbled around in her bag trying to find her a bottle of water. Yeon Hee leaned on the stall door, her heart almost jumping out of her chest as she stared at them, waiting to hear about what just happened. Ji An drank half of the batle before wiping with her hand, turning to stare at Yeon Hee with an unreadable expression on her face.

„ Is there something you forgot to tell me Yeon Hee?“ The guilt came over her in waves almost making her shudder in response.

„ Yes.“ She said quietly, avoiding to look her in the eyes.

„ Like the fact that he is coming for us?“

„ No, like the fact he is coming for me. You shouldn't have been a part of it.“ Yeon Hee said with an exasperated tone of voice.

„ But I was.“ Yeon Hee turned around so she didn't have to look at her. Oh God, Ji An, I am sorry. I can't even tell you how sorry I am.

„ What exactly happened, Ji An?“ Soo Ae broke the awkward silence in the bathroom asking the question that Yeon Hee was dying to hear answered. Ji An sighed and drank another sip of water before responding.

„ I was waiting for you, assuming you would be late again. I went to sit down at our table, played a game on my cellphone and then....  they came over.“ Soo Ae nodded once before asking her next question.

„ What did they do? What did they say?“

„ Minseok said he wanted to talk to me.“

„ Why didn't you just send him to hell and leave?“  Yeon Hee asked while biting the inside of again.

„ Yeon Hee.“ Soo Ae looked at her sternly, warning her to pipe down.

„ I tried leaving but he kinda, you know....made me sit back down.“ Yeon Hee widened her eyes in anger before approaching her again, feeling her murderous instincts wake up.

„ He did what?!! He touched you?!“ Ji An nervously shook her head, waving her hands in denial.

„ No, no, nothing like that Yeon Hee. He just gently tapped my shoulder to make me sit down. He said he just wanted to get to know me a little better.“ Yeon Hee pressed her temples feeling a tremendous headache taking over her when she hissed at her in disbelief.

„ And you agreed? You should have just run for it!“

„ With this one I have to agree.“ Soo Ae nodded, glancing between her best friends.

„ Oh, and how was I supposed to know you two had something going on? And that was the reason he singled me out?“

„ We don't have any.....“

„ Yeon Hee, shut up. What happened then?“ Soo Ae asked Ji An who just shrugged her shoulders.

„ He just asked me normal questions. We talked about my family, what they did for a living, if I had any brothers and sisters, how I got interested in art, what I like to do most. Ordinary questions.“ Soo Ae frowned in confusion, twirling her red hair around her finger while trying to figure it out.

„ That sounds more like he was building you a dating profile for 's sake. And nothing else, he didn't bully you, threaten you?“ Ji An shook her head before she glanced back at Yeon Hee who recognized slight hesitation in her eyes.

„ What did he say to you, Ji An?“ Yeon Hee asked with a stern voice, raising her eyebrow at her before continuing to speak.

„ I know ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter