Chapter 16- Strangers on the roof

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minseok's POV

He wasn't exactly scared. Screw that, he was ing terrified. He was looking at the door which led to the rooftop and he could hear his heart beating fast, he could feel his palms sweating because of what was on the other side. Because he didn't know what was on the other side. Oh God, don't make her cry please, I beg of you, don't let me see her cry. He was never good with tears and seeing her tears would change everything. She would become more than a coldhearted demon he played games with. She would finally become human in his eyes and humans were vulnerable. And a girl like her wasn't supposed to be vulnerable. He sighed before reaching for the door knoob.He leaned his head on the door while taking a deep breath, trying to think of something else, anything else just so he doesn't have to think about the demon on the roof.

He was having the worst day so far, first waking up 2 hours late for school because he spend most of the night thinking about what the he was going to do to salvage the situation they were in. He couldn't surrender and leave her alone even though she has shown him she was ready to drag him into the pit of hell, no matter the cost. She is not willingly going to stop either. So when will it all end? Are they going to destroy each other? All night long he was thinking about his options and there was only one answer, one word that kept reappearing in his mind, making him shudder in return. Why? Because he knew the chances she would agree to that were beyond slim. And there he was at 3 AM in his family garden looking up at the sky, feeling like he didn't know what to do anymore and for the first time in his life he was really lost. Stranded in the sea of bad decisions and unfortunate events, fully aware he had to drown in them sooner or later. When he finally arrived to the school, feeling like a zombie, he still had no idea of what to do or how to react when he sees her. He walked up to the playroom knowing his friends would wait for him there to hear what the hell happened yesterday and by God he needed to hear what they had to say about that as well. So when he opened the door and got a slow clap from Chen, an eye roll from Luhan and a squeak from Tao he actually felt relieved. For a second.

„ Omo, here is the demon challenger himself! Do you know what you started?“ Minseok frowned in confusion at Chen's question. Of course he ing knew what he  had started, he got arrested for it!

He sat down on the chair after throwing his backpack on the floor, raising one leg and placing it on the other one, only then noticing the faces of his friends seemed....tense. That's not what Chen meant with that question. Something else had happened. What if she was...what if the old bastard found out? Holy what the hell was happening? The door suddenly opened before an angry girl rushed to him, gripping his shirt with so much force she almost teared a hole in it. And it wasn't the Fury. It was her pixie friend, Ji An.

„ You ing son of a ! You did that to her you....you....Eish!“ She screamed in his face causing his eyes to open wide in shock. Luhan approached Ji An to try to get her to release Minseok but she glared at him for one long moment before hissing.

„ off, soccer boy!“ Luhan raised his arms in the air and slowly moved away to a safer place with a shocked expression on his face because of the language his little crush used. Minseok stared at the girl's big dark eyes and saw nothing but fury, anger, and....pain?

„ You piece of ! You jackass! Oh how I want to hurt you right now....“ She started catching her breath, giving him a chance to speak while he tried to release his shirt from her grip.

„ I wasn't even here, what the are you talking about?!“ She leaned closer to him, strengthening her grasp on his shirt again.

„ You unleashed your fangirls on her! Do you know what you did?!“ Minseok opened his eyes in shock when he remembered. Fangirls. He told them to take care of the Fury yesterday. Holy hell what did they do to her to cause the pixie to react like this? He turned to look at Luhan who shrugged his shoulders trying to avoid being noticed by Ji An. Minseok then glanced at Chen who for the first time in a while didn't have a wide smile on his lips as he stared at the situation before him. It was bad. It was really bad. He felt fear growing in him at the mere thought of what could have happened and he grabbed Ji An's shoulders, almost yelling at her.

„ What did they do to her?!“ She stuttered in shock at his reaction before releasing his shirt. She then proceeded to raise her arms in the air for a moment before pointing at him with narrowed eyes.

„ You unleashed them on her. They obliged. They locked her up in the bathroom stall for an hour.“ He glanced at his friends with obvious confusion on his face but his friends avoided his look this time.

„ She got me arrested and I got her locked in the bathroom? Who gets pissed of at that?!“ She almost grabbed him by the throat this time but Kris stopped her, finally stepping in to pull her away.

„ She is claustrophobic you son of a ! But that's not even the problem here. She got out of there in the end but....Yeon Hee isn't the same anymore.“ Minseok finally closed his mouth that fell open in shock at this new information and passed his hand through his hair, still unable to fully comprehend it. Claustrophobic?! How was he supposed to know that?

„ What the do you mean?“ Ji An took a deep breath, brushing the hair from her face before speaking again in a low voice.

„ Listen to me very carefully now, jackass. When we came to the school today Yeon Hee had a present on her locker. A girl wrote on it. You know what Yeon Hee did? She wrote you bet next to it and told the girl that she hopes she doesn't need to remind the girl of who she was in the future. The girl erased the writing by lunch. That's the Yeon Hee way. What happened when she left the bathroom.... it had to be the scariest I've ever seen. She went straight for Na Ra and told her she was going to make her cry every day until the school ends. Her and her friends. That she is going to make them wish they were dead.“

„ She says that to me all the time!“ Ji An spit her next words at him, her face getting red because of anger.

„ The way she says that to you and the way she looked at your ex is completely different. Yeon Hee played your little game calmly until now but now she is going to rip that stupid girl's heart out of her chest. She isn't going to play games anymore. What she did to you..... even when she crossed the line she was sure to draw it back again. But now there are no lines, Minseok. She is going to make those girls suffer. She is going to open the door to hell in this school and drag everybody down with her. Nobody is safe anymore.“ Minseok stood up with a raised eyebrow before pointing at her face.

„ She would never put you in danger!“ Ji An cursed under her breath before responding.

„ Yeon Hee wouldn't. But that's not Yeon Hee anymore. Whatever happened in that bathroom made her snap and she doesn't care who gets hurt anymore, including us. Including herself. And it's all your fault!“Minseok crossed his arms while looking at her with incredulity on his face.

„ I don't believe she would just go and do something like making other people suffer. She is a demon, but she would never get innocent people involved in this. She almost killed me because I talked to you!“ Kris cleared his throat and spoke in his deep voice while looking between them.

„ We saw it, Minseok. She is going to snap those girls in half. There was no sarcasm, no irony, no playfulness. It's enough. It can't go any further.“ Chen nodded in agreement while looking at Minseok with a determined expression on his face.

„ I am sorry to say this but it has to stop. She is out of control and it's no fun that way.“ Minseok felt a headache pulsating in his head because of their words before he raised his voice at them.

„ What the hell do you want me to do here? Reason with her?Tell her to leave those girls alone? How the do you expect me to do that? She despises me more than anyone else in this world and she will never listen to what I say. And if you expect me to back off and surrender you are dead wrong. I will never lose to her. Ever.“ Ji An slapped him with all her force, her eyes being dark and teary but she calmed herself down for a second to speak again.

 „ Fix it. I don't care what you do and I don't know what you're going to say but I want my friend back and you will get her  for me. Do you understand me? Fix it or I swear to God I will help her split this school open and kill you in the process.“ She scoffed at him one last time before closing the door with all her strength causing another screw to fall out of it and the door made a very sad screeching sound, like it was in pain. The horrifying silence that followed was interrupted by Chen's silent voice.

„ Those girls really need to learn have to work the door.“

Well, that was one hell of a conversation. Or a screaming match. How the was he supposed to know she was claustrophobic? Nobody knew that! If he knew about it, he wouldn't let that happen to her. No matter what tricks she played on him, using a fear like that was beneath him. He finally raised his head and pulled the door knoob, finally stepping on the roof and looking at the sight in front of him. She was sitting with her legs crossed, leaning back on her hands while having her eyes closed. Minseok slowly walked over to her, almost sighing loudly in relief because there were no tears on her face. But something was off. She didn't open her eyes at him, she didn't snap at him, she didn't try to kill him. He sat close to the wall before turning to her with one knee up in the air, placing his arm on it while waiting for her to talk. His heart was beating fast as he waited for her to do anything, to yell, to scream, to punch him again. But she just sat there like she had no worries in her life, like the whole school wasn't shaking because of what happened. He watched her face and noticed how pale she actually was, with dark bags under her eyes and bluish color on her lips. He felt his conscience waking up again seeing in what state she was. For the first time since he first laid his eyes on her he felt that she was different. A stranger. He could always count on her sarcasm, confidence, the smirks she gave him and playfulness that radiated from her. Now she was nothing more than a statue before him, not the Yeon Hee he knew. He thought he knew. And he obviously didn't. Claustrophobia? What else is there that she hides so well from everyone? Not just everyone. That she hides from him. He actually knew nothing about the girl in front of him. Nothing at all. And that realization made his heart shudder in his chest as he looked at the icy statue in front of him. He cracked his fingers still glancing at her, listening to her heavy breathing that sounded like she was recuperating from running a marathon.

„ You pulled off quite a feat yesterday, you know that? It was absolutely brilliant. My dear old father got quite disturbed with your actions. Just like you planned.“ She barely acknowledged him, not even opening her eyes while the wind rustled her hair. She rarely wore it down and Minseok liked how it looked, even with her paleness and the fatigue on her face. He could smell the scent of both strawberry and vanilla on his side of the roof. She finally spoke in an eerily calm voice.

„ I don't want to deal with you now, Kim Minseok. Leave me alone and I promise I will pay you enough attention later.“ Well, that was a threat if he ever heard one. He glanced up at the sky and inwardly winced, knowing he had to start th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter