Chapter 19- Admirers

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yeon Hee was tapping her foot impatiently, looking at her cellphone while waiting for an elderly man to stop bothering the barista in front of her. Apparently there was a burglary somewhere around here and he took it upon himself to repeat multiple times how horrible that was and how careful they should be. Ahjussi, if you don't move soon I swear I will show you what horrible really is. She was frustrated as hell and waiting in line for this long was making her feel even worse. God, I can't believe I have to do this. The ahjussi finally moved, picking up his coffee and Yeon Hee approached the counter in front of the barista who politely smiled at her. She was maybe a year older than her and kinda pretty, Yeon Hee had to admit, with her smiling dark eyes and strawberry blond hair.

„ Omo, I am glad to see you back, customer. Your regular, right?“ Yeon Hee nodded and the barista went to make her a vanilla late. Yeon Hee sighed once, still tapping her foot on the floor, gathering the strength to say her next words.

„ I am sorry to bother you, but do you know the boy who came here yesterday to buy coffee for me?“ The barista widened her eyes at her before nodding. 

„ Of course, he is our frequent customer. I was surprised to hear him describing you and asking what your favourite coffee was, saying that you couldn't come for it yourself. I guessed right, didn't I?“ Yeon Hee smiled a little and nodded, now tapping her fingers on the counter as well.

„ Thank you for that, by the way. I really needed it.“ The barista brought her coffee and bowed at her when she responded.

„ No problem, you are after all one of are best customers. Do you need anything else?“ Yeon Hee puffed her cheeks in annoyance, bititng her lower lip before uttering the words she didn't want to say.

„ Yeah. Do you happen to know his favourite coffee as well?“ Barista widened her eyes in surprise, obviously not expecting Yeon Hee to ask that.

„ Of course. He prefers hand dripped coffee.“ Yeon Hee coughed a little, feeling very uncomfortable when she asked her next question.

„ Can you please make one of those too?“ Barista nodded, still looking surprised and Yeon Hee felt blush creep on her cheeks in response. Why is this so embarrassing?

„ Yes, of course.“ Barista glanced over her, this time with an inquisitive expression on her face before going to make the coffee. Hand dripped  coffee. Jesus, what a rich spoiled brat. This is going to take ages. All of a sudden the barista spoke up, her voice still cheerful but Yeon Hee could almost hear traces of something else in it.

„ You two seem to be a very good couple, buying each other's coffee when you need it.“ Yeon Hee frowned instantly while looking in disbelief at the barista. Girl, you did not just say that.

„ We are not a couple. We are not even friends.“ We are more of natural enemies, him being a tool and me...well not being a tool. The barista nodded and proceeded to finish making the coffee while Yeon Hee was looking at her cellphone again.

„ Do you happen to know if he has...ahm.. someone..he makes a couple with..?“ Yeon Hee's jaw dropped as she raised her head, looking at the barista who was slightly blushing in front of her. Oh my God, is this seriously happening, right now? This? Are you just asking if he is single, girl? Jesus, what was with these people falling for him? How the hell can't they see the that boy is?! I mean, seriously! Yeon Hee puffed her cheeks again and silently responded while taking out her wallet.

„ I don't think he has a girlfriend.“ This week. Barista looked at her when she brought her the coffee, hope glistening in her eyes.

„ Really? That is a miracle taking into consideration how nice he always is...like an angel.“ Nice? Are we talking about the same person here?

„ Yep, he is one hell of an angel.“ Lucifer was an angel too, just saying. Yeon Hee paid for the coffee and silently thanked the heavens that this conversation was over when the barista girl snapped her fingers and ran to the shop-window, grabbing something and putting it in a small paper bag before bringing it to her.

„ He always takes mocha bread as well.“ Yeon Hee clenched her teeth, taking out another bill from her wallet.

„ No, no, it's on the house.  He is one of my best customers.“  Her boss shook her head in disagreement behind the barista with a stern expression on her face and Yeon Hee barely suppresed a groan and the urge to grab that girl and shake her by her shoulders. Jesus, girl, are you insane? Oh, God I can't believe this. I can't say how much of an he is because he would be pissed if I ruined his chances like that. Not your business, Yeon Hee, not your place to step in. Just...make sure she doesn't get fired, OK?

„ I insist. I'll tell him you send it to him, OK?“  She paid for the damn mocha bread and the barista bowed in grattitude, her pretty lips curving in a big smile again.

„ Thank you, customer.“ She bowed more deeply this time and Yeon Hee bowed back while clenching the stupid paper bag.

Were all these girls high or what? She left the coffee shop and went to the school all the while glancing at the coffee in her hands and the mocha bread underneath her arm. She really liked mocha bread and here she is, paying for it and having to give it to the jackass instead.She just wanted to repay a damn debt for 's sake and now.... she has to play a wingwoman to the girl? Jesus, why couldn't that girl be more reasonable? Minseok would crush her heart and then Yeon Hee would be in an awkward situation seeing her favourite barista crying because of that idiot. But she promised.... She noticed that the jackass was in front of her, parking his motorcycle and taking off his helmet near the gate and she rushed to him, trying to get rid of the stuff before someone notices she was giving it to him.

„ Yah, jackass!“ He turned around when he heard her voice before rolling her eyes in annoyance at her. She approached him quickly trying to get this over with as soon as possible.

„ Lovely call.“ He said snarkily, leaning back on his motorbike.

„ Well, it sure as hell made you turn around.“ She responded before pushing the coffee in his face.

„ Here.“ He raised his eyebrow before lazily glancing between the cup and Yeon Hee.

„ What is this?“

„ Your coffee, idiot. I don't want to owe you anything.“ He took the coffee and opened the lid, his lips curving into a smug smile when he commented on it.

„ My favourite.“ Yeon Hee shrugged her shoulders before sweetly smiling at him.

„ I for one can't say I didn't spit in it.“ He shrugged her shoulders and drank it anyway, not fazed by her words at all. Yeon Hee frowned at his lack of reaction and pushed the mocha bread in his face next.

„ Here, the barista girl is sending you this. I think she has the hots for you. Don't break her heart or we will have to find another coffee place and I am way too lazy to do that.“ Minseok raised his eyebrows at her words before opening the bag with a small smile.

„ Very nice of her. I'll be sure to pay her for them tomorrow.“ Yeon Hee rolled her eyes before speaking in a dissatisfied tone of voice.

„ I already did. I wouldn't want risk her getting fired because of you. After all.... she will get screwed over by you.“ Minseok smirked before responding with a shrug.

„ I know she likes me. But I am not interested.“ Yeon Hee widened her eyes in surprise at him before furrowing her eyebrows.

„ Why not? If I were a guy or if I were to swing that way, I would totally date her.“ Minseok drank another sip of his coffee, leaning even further on his motorcycle when he responded in an even voice.

„ She is not my type.“

„ Your type is everything that moves, your Majesty. “ She said in an irritated tone of voice making him look away and smile for a second before glancing back at her.

„ I have no time to chase random girls around.“ Yeon Hee rolled her eyes at him in annoyance, crossing her arms on her chest when she spoke again.

„ Whatever, that just means she is lucky.“ He opened the bag of mocha bread and nudged it closer to her face.

„ You want some bread? After all you paid for it.“

„ Hell no.“  God yes, I am starving. 

„ Just take it, smartass.... it's not mine after all.“ He said, waving the bag in front of her face. Yeon Hee reconsidered her words and took out a piece of bread, returning the bag to him when she did, but he just took a piece himself and chewed on it. Yeon Hee looked away for a second making sure nobody saw them sharing a meal before turning back to him and widening her eyes in shock at the sight.

„ Omo!“ He almost jumped away when she yelled at him, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

„ What?“

„ Your cheeks are so puffy right now, oh God, I am dying! You look like a chipmunk..no, no a hamster!"“ She continued to laugh while pointing at him. He narrowed his eyes in disbelief before pointing at the cup with annoyance obvious on his face.

„ What the hell are you drinking there, demon? Soju?“ Yeon Hee shook her head, almost choking on the mocha bread when she continued laughing, causing Minseok to take the bag away from her.

„ No more mocha bread for you.“ Yeon Hee was still giggling when she suddenly heard someone calling Minseok's name.

„ Yah, Minseok-ah, is that you?“ She turned around to see a police car stopping in front of the school and the cops she vaguely recognized were the ones that arrested him a week ago were getting out of the car. Time to go. She moved quickly but she suddenly felt Minseok grabbing her arm and dragging her with him as he went to say hello to them. Omo, omo, omo, what the actual ?! She tried to struggle against him but his grip just became stronger in return. Jesus, how the hell was he so strong? She tried to kick him in the shin but it was already way too late. They were now standing in front of the very young looking officer who seemed happy to see Minseok there. Minseok smirked at the surprise on Yeon Hee's face before bowing his head.

„ Officer Jae Ha, what brings you to my neighbourhood again?“ The young officer shrugged his shoulders before pointing down the street.

„ Someone broke into a store further down the street so we got called.“ What the actual was happening here? When the hell did they become so friendly with each other? Isn't he the one that arrested him? What?! The officer noticed her standing there and nodded at her in salute. Yeon Hee gripped her cup tightly and bowed her head in return. Minseok looked at her with a smug smile on his lips before introducing them to each other.

„ Officer Jae Ha, meet Moon Yeon Hee. The one you called.... magnificent.“Yeon Hee widened her eyes in surprise when the officer's jaw dropped and he took off his hat, slightly bowing at her. What was that stupid douchebag doing? She looked at Minseok who was currently laughing his off at the expression of horror on her face.

„ You are that girl? The girl Minseok was telling us about?“ Officer asked her, staring at her face with a hopeful smile on his lips. He was what now? He was telling them about her?Oh, God, she is going to faint right now at this very spot. Minseok drank his coffee again, nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders at her.

„ You are quite popular in the police station.“ Yeon Hee bowed down again and calmly spoke, trying to hide the fact her heart was beating wildly in her chest.

„ I am not sure what you are talking about but I am glad I met you, officer Jae Ha.“ He put his hat back on his head and smiled at her politely and with...admiration?

„ You don't have to worry Miss Moon, we can't prove anything and Minseok didn't want to sue anyone. I just want you to know everybody understands why you did all of that.We were all on your side.“ Oh, my God, she was seeing black spots in front of her. Jesus, Yeon Hee focus. What did he tell them?

„ I still don't know what you are referring to.“ He just smiled gently at her before turning to Minseok.

„ She is just as smart as you said she was.“ Officer Jae Ha suddenly turned around to yell at the other cop in the car.

„ Sunbae, you know that girl that got Minseok in trouble?! It's her.“ The other cop almost jumped out of the car and widened his eyes at the sight of her, taking off his hat and approaching them quickly.

„ You are my personal idol,Miss...?“

„ Moon.“ Minseok added causing Yeon Hee to frown in response when he continued to introduce her to the second officer.

„ Moon Yeon Hee, commonly known as The Fury.“ Yeon Hee bowed at the cop before turning to hiss at Minseok.

„ What the hell did you do at that police station?“ The older cop put his hat back and smiled, responding instead of Minseok.

„ We just talked over some Chinese and Minseok told us all about you two. Thank you for the tea by the way, it was really nice. We all thought you were right, the things he did to you were unthinkable. I mean forcefully kissing you? That was just horrible.“ She felt the colour draining from her face and she felt like she was just hit on the head with a a stone, all dizzy and unfocused. She turned to him with an expression of frustrated confusion on her face.

„ Chinese food, your Majesty?! What the hell is happening here?“ Minseok just shrugged his shoulders, seemingly unfazed by her outburst.

„ They are your biggest admirers.“

„ Wait when I tell everybody we met you, the boss will flip out for not coming with us today.“  The second officer said with a satisfied smile on his face while Yeon Hee was trying to comprehend what was happening. They knew everything that happened. He told them everything. And she was....their idol?

„ We should crash at Bong Gu's workshop to tell him this.“ Minseok focused on the younger cop with a raised eyebrow when he asked his next question.

„ How is ahjussi anyway?“

„ He got released the day after you but I heard that who screwed him over is going to sue him for the punch.“

„ Jesus, poor ahjussi. Does he have a good lawyer?“ Minseok asked with a worried expression on his face causing Yeon Hee to frown in return, not understanding the situation. The older officer noticed her confusion and took it upon himself to explain the situation to her.

„ He was arrested too, at the same time as Minseok. A customer claimed he made unnecesary changes to his car and he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter