Chapter 2- The warm up

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„ I thought surprises were supposed to be good?“ Ji An whispered in her best friend's ear with a panicked expression on her face.

„ Well, obviously Mister Park didn't get the memo.“  Yeon Hee responded, glancing at her English teacher who just came in like a tornado with a grin on his face, saying that he has a surprise for them. And boy did his surprise leave all of her colleagues in tears. Mister Park had a worrisome tendency to give pop quizes and today was the day, again.

„ Oh, no, not again.....“

„ Why, please God, why....“ He nodded at their direction.

„ Oh, come on, children, it's not that bad. You don't have to be scared.“ His mischevious smile said otherwise.

 „ Come on, everything off the desks, the sooner you start...“

„The sooner you can throw yourself of the roof in tears.“ Soo Ae quietly added, causing Yeon Hee to giggle in her hand. The look of terror and despair on the faces of her colleagues was indearing and somewhat funny. Some picked up their books and tried to read something at the last moment, some were staring at the ceiling and praying, some were utterly confused, like Zhang Yiking, the transfer student from China who stared at the professor trying to understand what he had just said, Luhan glanced back and forth thinking it was a joke and Kim Minseok was just rocking in his chair entirely unfazed by the whole situation. He looked like the most bored person in the world. Mister Park handed out the tests, still smiling mischeviously at them.

„ You have 10 questions you have to answer and there is the bonus question on the back for people who feel particularly brave today.“ Yeon Hee looked at the questions before she raised the corner of her lips in amusement. Not even 10 minutes later she raised her hand.

„ Mister Park?“  He turned around with a wrinkle of confusion between his eyebrows.

„ Miss Moon, do you have a question?“

„ What can we do if we are done?“ He opened his mouth in shock when everybody else in the classroom turned to her.

„ Done, Miss Moon? Did you solve everything?“ Yeon Hee nodded.

„ Even the bonus question?“ She answered him slowly like she was talking to a small child.

„ Yes, Sir, even the bonus question.“ He scratched his head, looking utterly confused.

„ Well then, even if it is you, I expected at least 20 minutes. And I really worked hard on this one....“ He finished mumbling taking her papir with dissatisfied expression on his face.

„ Well then, you can do something quiet not to interrupt the other students“ She nodded and met Ji An's gaze before she mouthed smartass in her direction.The other students shook their heads in disbelief before turning ahead. She pulled out her book from her backpack when she met Yixing's look of admiration. He raised his thumb up to her when a gorgeous smile with dimples took over his face. Yeon Hee sighed internally for once cursing her souless persona. He really was adorable as hell, cute and kind, always slightly confused.....and he was totally wrong for her. Or rather she was totally wrong for him, with her personality that resembled sand paper. Gentle wasn't exactly the word anyone would use to describe her. Not to mention the jury was still out on whether she has a heart or not. But it sure as hell didn't hurt to look at his cuteness. All of a sudden a loud thump  was heard when the Prince od Douchebags put his chair back on the floor as loud as possible. Yixing turned to his paper slightly blushing, reminded he had limited time. Yeon Hee opened her book feeling slightly uneasy, the same tingling she felt earlier appearing again. She glanced around subtly to see what was causing her discomfort but there was nothing. I am slowly losing my mind. That's what happens when you can't even drink your morning coffee because of the drama show her friend so kindly acted out for her. Pouting her lips she found the page where she stopped and continued to read. After 20 more minutes Mister Park started collecting the tests and Yeon Hee finally looked up and saw the faces of despair of her friends. Soo Ae laid her head on the desk while Ji An talked to Min Woo about her answers.

„ Enough, Ji An, haven't we suffered enough?“ Soo Ae begged her, not lifting her head from the desk. Ji An ignored her taking out her books and talking loudly about her answers. Soo Ae mumbled something that was clearly a curse word in return, hitting her head lightly on the table. Even when the class ended and they were heading for lunch Ji An didn't stop talking about the test, annoying all of them in the process.

„ So for number 5 did you put a or b? I put a but I am not sure now. Oh God, I have to go see it in the books...“ Soo Ae was dragging her feet behind her hanging on to Yeon Hee's neck.

„ Ji An,where do you find the energy to talk about it anymore? Stop. Please. Let me wallow in my ignorance.“

„ Ji An, seriously,enough with the test. You are driving us crazy.“ Ji An turned to look at Yeon Hee, narrowing her eyes.

„ It's easy for you to say little miss I can solve the economic crisis in  5 minutes let alone a test. How the hell did you solve it that quickly? No, forget it I don 't want to know. You are a demon. Why are you even bothering to go to classes anymore?“

„ To spend some bonding time with you Ji An-ah.“ Yeon Hee answered innocently.

„ Oh, ha-ha. So funny. Smartass. Why don't you just teach English when you know it so well?“

„ I would but I am too busy trying to solve the economic crisis.“ Min Woo laughed and Soo Ae even managed to crack a smile as Ji An took a deep breath and glared in her direction, fed up with Yeon Hee's trolling.

„ Yeon Hee, I love you and you are my best friend, but one day.......“ She left the sentence unfinished. Yeon Hee pouted in return.

„ One day you will lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter