Chapter 4- The aftermath

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeon Hee was always taught violence is not the answer. Use your words, not your fists sweetie. That was what her mother said. Her father refined that pearl of wisdom by saying If you are good enough with your words, there will be no need for violence. Well, dad, you were wrong. That was the only thought in her head when she clenched her fist and proceeded to punch him in the face. And she felt righteous when she heard his  and he broke away from her with wide eyes. Damn, I was going for the nose. He touched his lower lip which began to bleed and then looked at her. Yeon Hee raised her eyebrow and smiled like an angel, even if she was fuming on the inside.

„ If you ever, ever, touch me again, I will break something else.“ She said calmly like she was talking about the damn weather. Today's weather forecast is sunny with a chance of legs being broken. She backed away from him, grabbing her backpack and without even glancing back at him went for the door. Mister Park came back, widening his eyes in confusion when he saw her getting ready to leave.

„ Miss Moon, I hardly believe detention is over.“ She pointed at the clock on the wall.

„ Sir, you've been out for 15 minutes.“ He looked at the clock and frowned, looking guilty.

„ Well, it certainly looks that way. And it seems nothing happened while I was out..... so I guess you are free to go.“ Yeon Hee nodded at the teacher and left, not looking back.

„ Mister Kim, you can go too.“ Minseok was just picking something up from the floor and then strolled over to grab his backpack all the while avoiding eye contact with his teacher. When he practically ran by him, quickly nodding as he approached the exit, Mister Park couldn't help feeling like he missed something.

 

***********************

She wasn't affected. Not even a little bit. She couldn't care less that she was attacked by the Prince of douchebags. That he touched her. That he kissed her. A cyclist almost ran her over yelling at her to move away. She looked up and quickly jumped out of the way, apologizing to him when he passed her. He said something about damn kids never thinking where they're going. She continued to walk to her apartment building, shaking her head and trying to rationalize her thoughts. Where did she stop? Oh, right, she didn't give a damn. She sighed in relief when she approached an elegant looking building with a doorman.

„ Miss Moon, I trust you're well?“ He asked her politely with a wide smile on his face.

„ Yes, Sir, and you?“ She said with a light smile when he opened the door for her.

„ Like always.“ She walked into the lobby with shiny wooden floors and paintings on the walls. Her apartment building was more like a very fancy hotel, with 12 floors and a limited number of beautiful modern apartments. Her apartment was at the top of the building, which always seemed like Mount Everest to her lazy . She glanced at the elevator and the familiar feeling of discomfort took her over. Today was definitely not the day to push her luck.Or her nerves. So she passed the elevators and went for the stairs instead. Usually the 12 sets of stairs she passed daily were a pain in the , with Yeon Hee being as lazy as a sloth but today she was passing them like she was running from death herself. When she got to the top floor, she was practically dying so she stopped in front of the only door there, the door to her apartment, while trying to catch her breath. She fumbled around trying to find her keys in her pockets when the door opened and a familiar voice was heard.

„ Is this the time to be coming home, young lady?“ Oh, crap, Ahjumma was still here.

„ Ahjumma? I thought you went home already.“ The short, dark haired woman in her late forties who standing at the door rolled her eyes at her.

„ Like I could leave without seeing that you came home safely. Or seeing you get escorted home by the police because you were harassing somebody.“ Yeon Hee shrugged her shoulders before playfully winking at her.

„ You know me too well.“

„ Well, don't you plan on getting in? Or are you going to camp in front of the door?“ Yeon Hee raised her hands in defeat and entered the apartment.

„ Alright, alright, I am in.“ Mrs. Song, her housekeeper looked at her thorougly with narrowed eyes.

„ You seem flushed. Is everything alright?“ Yeon Hee turned from her while putting her backpack on the sofa and readjusting her smile.

„ Of course I am, I just ran up the stairs.“ Ahjumma didn't seem surprised by the stairs part, she seemed surprised by the physical activity part.

„ You ran? You don't run.“ Yeon Hee shrugged her shoulders, answering her innocently.

„ You know I have a lot of pent up energy when I don't get to harass someone.“ Mrs. Song rolled her eyes and pointed at the table where her dinner was waiting for her.

„ Your dinner got cold.“ She looked at her, a wrinkle showing on her forehead as she stared at her in suspicion.

„ Where were you anyway?“ Yeon Hee didn't even flinch at her question while going to get a bottle of water from the fridge.

„ I went with Ji An to see the new coffee place that opened up near the school and I didn't notice the time. I am sorry.“

„ Well, you should be sorry. Maybe I should tell this to your father.“ Yeon Hee laughed and shook her head in disbelief at ahjumma.

„ He is worse than me. Maybe I should talk to him about him coming home late. Is he staying at the office again?“ Mrs. Song nodded, not looking happy about it.

„ He hasn't eaten anything I cooked in days.“

„ You know how he gets with important cases.“  Her father was an embodiment of a workaholic, running his own law firm and being one of Korea's finest lawyers. Monn Ji Woon lived for two things in the world, Yeon Hee and winning cases. It was no wonder Yeon Hee never missed a beat in an argument when she learned from the best. And Moon Ji Woon was the best.

„ But a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter