Chapter 18- Compromise or blackmail?

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three things to say about this chapter:

1. Chen is my spirit animal.

2. Before jackass was a term used for Minseok it actually meant an animal, a donkey to be exact. Cue "the more you know" meme.

3. Author's note is in the end, please read it.

**********************************

 

„ Yah, Miss! Wake up!“ Yeon Hee barely heard someone's voice while being half asleep and thinking about chocolate sticks and ice cream when she suddenly heard a clap directly in front of her face. She jumped up and almost hit her head on the roof of the taxi while the elderly ahjussi rolled her eyes at her, pointing at the watch on his wrist.

„ We are here, Miss. If you don't hurry up, you are going to be late.“ Yeon Hee barely suppresed a yawn and looked around, noticing that they were indeed in front of her school. , they were there already. Jesus, Yeon Hee why did you have to fall asleep again? Now she has no time for buying coffee. You are such a sometimes, it's unbeliavable. She nodded at the ahjussi while taking out the money from her wallet.

„ Thank you ahjussi.“ He smiled at her with those crooked teeth before nodding in goodbye.

„ Don't fall asleep in school, Miss.“ Easier said than done, ahjussi. Yeon Hee thought, closing the door to the taxi before watching it drive away. She looked down at her cellphone and cringed when she saw the time. , 5 more minutes, Yeon Hee get a grip on yourself. She turned around and rushed to school, unable to supress the yawning on her way. How the hell was she going to survive school today without coffee was beyond her. Well.....she wouldn't be so late if she didn't have to battle with ahjumma for the last hour or so. It was Wednesday morning and Yeon Hee didn't have a high temperature since Monday evening, her coughing was a lot better and she was using regular tissues again, not carrying the supplies for a local public toilet with her anymore. But ahjumma still made a scene that morning, blocking the door with that cursed mop, telling her that she was not going to school yet and threatening her with vegetables menu for the next month and getting rid of all the candy in the house if she did. In any other circumstances Yeon Hee would simply agree and just go back to her divine sleep but the mere idea that she didn't know what exactly was happening in the school made her heart nervous and tighten. Who knows what he did while she is away? Yes, Soo Ae said the jackass was acting normal and didn't do nothing suspicious but Yeon Hee knew better. Truce or no truce, that jackass had something up his sleeve, ready to her up in some way.

So, Yeon Hee barely won the battle, acting like she gave up and then pushing past ahjumma, running down the stairs and hearing ahjumma yell after her about consequences she was going to suffer. She then proceeded to call her on her way down and ordered her to call for a taxi because Yeon Hee was not going anywhere on foot. Taking into consideration she was already running late, she had to agree with ahumma's reasoning. But there she was now, without her elixir of life aka coffee and the abstinence was getting to her more than anything. She hadn't drink coffee in days because ahjumma replaced it with every possible kind of tea, seeing it was a lot healthier option. Healthier my . She was losing her mind without it. Yeon Hee tightened the scarf around her neck and entered the school, going directly to her first class, which was Math, not looking around at anyone when she suddenly heard fast footsteps behind her. She didn't even have time to turn around and her feet were already off the ground while someone twirled her in the air. She suddenly heard a familiar laughter she instantly recognized, the realization causing her to hiss at the person who was holding her.

„ Yah, Chen, what the ?!“Chen stopped twirling her around and just held her in the air with an excited smile on his face.

„ I missed you, girl! The school has been much less interesting while you were away I swear to God, I almost died of boredom. Minseok too, he was walking around like a caged animal while you were gone.“ Yeon Hee frowned in return before responding in a snarky voice.

„ Like a caged jackass, you mean?“ All of a sudden she heard laughter around her and she looked behind Chen, finally noticing that everyone was there. She quickly punched Chen in the chest, causing him to wince when she yelled at him.

„ Let me down, you idiot, you are crushing my ribs!“ Chen pouted and let her down, looking extremely unhappy when he did. Yeon Hee widened her eyes at the boys who were standing behind Chen: Luhan who was smiling at her while Tao avoided to look at her, looking at the floor instead and Kris just nodded at her with a nonchalant expression on his face. And the abs...absolute jackass stood behind all of them, his face completely unreadable while he glared at her. She hadn't seen him in days, if she excludes his brief appearance in her dream...which didn't really happen at all. Nope. Never happened. She is NOT acknowledging that. Anyway... why the  does he need to look like a damn supermodel while she looks like a raindeer with her red nose and her eyes puffy as hell? Jerk. Why couldn't you be uglier,? Making me feel even worse. Wait.....why are they even here?

„ We are glad you are feeling better, Yeon Hee.“ Luhan said in a silent gentle voice, still smiling at her. Yeon Hee backed away from the boys, raising her hand at them when she spoke again.

„ Wow, wow, wow, boys, relax. I appreciate the welcome party but what the hell is actually happening here?“ Luhan rolled his eyes at her question when Minseok responded in a calm and nonchalant voice while shrugging his shoulders.

„ I told you we were somewhere unknown, Yeon Hee.“

„ Somewhere unknown as in the ing twilight zone, your Majesty?“ Yeon Hee hissed back, narrowing her eyes at them causing Chen to giggle before speaking again,glancing between Minseok and Yeon Hee when he did.

„ Now when you and Min stopped actively trying to murder one another, why can't we all just get along?“ Yeon Hee opened in shock before raising her eyebrow.

„ Are you serious right now? You want us all to get along? Me and .....that?“ She said while pointing at Minseok who barely rolled his eyes at her, completely unfazed by her words. Chen shrugged his shoulders in return before spreading his lips into a kitten like smile, looking at Yeon Hee in an innocent manner.

„ Yes, Yeon Hee.  After all....  they will have to attend our wedding in the future so I want you to have a good relationship with all of my friends, even Minseok.“ He winked at her playfully before giving her a teasing smile making Yeon Hee raise her hands in the air like she was giving up on life before walking away from them.

„  I have no time for this.“ She barely managed to take a few steps when  Chen ran after her, pulling her by her backpack.

„ I can carry your stuff. Or...maybe I could carry you, bridal stile?“ He wiggled his eyebrows at her, causing her to sigh deeply before mumbling loud enough for everyone to hear her.

„ Is it too late we call off the truce?“ Luhan laughed at her comment before glancing at Minseok who pressed his lips in annoyance, watching Chen continuing to bother Yeon Hee while they walked to the Math class. 

„ Well, that went well, didn't it?“

 

*******************************

 

Yeon Hee pinched Chen on the shoulder before she hissed at him, incredibly irritated by his constant moving around.

„ Yah, stop moving and let me sleep!“ He lightly patted her hand in return before responding in a mischevious voice.

„ Anything for my bride to be.“ Yeon Hee leaned her head back on his shoulder and closed her eyes. trying to ignore the noise at the table, trying to think of how the hell she got herself into the situation where the Prince's entourage was sitting at her table, into the situation where she was currently using one of them as her pillow. If only Chen couldn't talk, he would be a perfect pillow.

After barely getting away from Chen's affections the whole day until lunch, Yeon Hee threw herself in her chair in the cafeteria and leaned her head on the table. Oh, God how tired she was. She almost fell asleep three times before lunch and only Soo Ae's elbow in her ribs kept her awake. Is she going to be thoroughly blue tomorrow because of that gentle method of waking up? Yes, yes she will.

„ Jesus, if this is what Mrs. Song was seeing for the last 5 days no wonder she didn't want you to be back in school.“

„ This is nothing in comparison to how I looked before.“  Yeon Hee muttered under her breath causing Soo Ae to laugh while eating her kimbap.

„ At least Chen will still love you no matter how you look.“ Yeon Hee smirked before responding snarkily, not lifting her head from the table.

„ Be still my heart. But we both know I am not the one who caught his eye for real.“ She didn't hear an answer so she glanced up to see Soo Ae just raising her eyebrows at her while Ji An ate her chicken, looking utterly confused at her words.

„ Who caught his eye?“ Soo Ae shrugged her shoulders, her reddish lips widening into an innocent smile when she responded to Ji An.

„ Don't listen to her, she is still hallucinating from her medication.“ Yeon Hee curved her lips into a small smile, returning her head on the table, Ji An was blind when it came to herself so she certainly didn't notice anything else around her.

„ Anyway, are you really going to go to Jeju on Saturday?“ Soo Ae asked, obviously changing the subject. Yeon Hee wiggled happily in her chair and raised her thumb up while answering in a cheerful tone of voice.

„ I can't ing wait. Miles away from this school and those dweebs..... that stupid . It's like Christmas in July.“

„ What is?“ All of a sudden she felt hot breath in her ear as Chen whispered in it, making her jump up in shock before yelling at him.

„ Yah, you idiot, what the hell do you think you are doing?!“ Yeon Hee pressed her chest, glaring at Chem who smiled sheepishly at her in return. The other boys were bringing their own seats at their table while Minseok just sat at the one on the far side of the table diagonally from Yeon Hee. She glanced at her friends to see Soo Ae laughing in surprise and Ji An blushing wildly at the sight of Luhan sitting in front of her before Yeon Hee pointed at Minseok with narrowed eyes.

„ You have 5 seconds to move your dumb asses from our table or I swear to God, Kim Minseok I will murder you. You are breaking our truce with this!“ She had to stop yelling for a second, trying to catch her breath. God, she was in such a bad shape she couldn't even scream at someone properly. Minseok raised his eyebrow at her again while leaning further in his chair, looking at her like she had lost her mind.

„ Well, technically.....it isn't. This is actually the first step to start living our truce, Yeon Hee. This way we can show everyone we are gettting along, that our war is really over. You need to learn how to play nice and share, smartass.“ Yeon Hee felt the anger overwhelm her at the spot as she looked at the other idiots who were making themselves comfortable at their table, already starting to eat.

„ Share? Share you jackass?! Need I remind you of what happened the last time you tried to pull something on me in the cafeteria? Are you stupid or just high right now?“ She hissed at Minseok while Luhan smiled shyly at Ji An causing her to jump a little and knock a glass with her hand. Her cheeks immediately started getting red when she got up, trying to find something to wipe it with. Soo Ae was currently leaning in her chair, glancing at the boys around the table, catching Chen's look who then proceeded to playfully wink at her. Yeon Hee lost her nerves and approached the annoying jackass who got up from the chair, crossing his arms and sighing in annoyance when she spoke to him in a dangerous voice.

„ What are you trying to do here exactly? Please explain before I bash your head into this desk.“ 

„ We are trying to get along of course, I already told you.“ Chen said nonchalantly while drinking his soda, looking at her with wide eyes.

„ Explain something to me, your Majesty. Why the does this truce seem worse than the war? In the war I only had you on my back, and now I have your whole entourage of morons and you?!“ She turned to them with a slightly apologetic expression on her face.

„ Sorry about that.“

„ None taken.“ Luhan muttered quietly, eating his rice.

 „ Calm down, Yeon Hee. Everybody is looking at us.“ Minseok responded in a low voice, glancing around with a raised eyebrow before looking back at her.

„ Don't patronize me, douchebag! Tell me one good reason why I should even consider not breaking you in half right now!“Minseok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter