Chapter 38- Pride

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„ So, what do you think about it?“ Yeon Hee heard Ji An ask while they were leaving the classroom, being completely unaware of what the conversation they were leading was about. Her eyes were focused on only one individual at the moment who was currently walking up the stairs with the dweebs behind him. She bit her lip and narrowed her eyes at his figure in the distance. I am not imagining that ...

„ Yah, demon, are you even listening?!“ She felt Soo Ae's knuckles hit her forehead causing her to move away from her, rubbing her forehead with a frown on her face.

„ Yeah...of course I am. I totally agree with you, Soo Ae.“ I don't know what exactly about....Yeon Hee shifted her look on Minseok again, trying to think of what she was supposed to do next.

„ Oh, you are? Very well then. Sign her up.“  Soo Ae nodded at Ji An with a smug smile on her lips, fully aware that Yeon Hee wasn't paying attention. Yeon Hee turned to her with suspicion glistening in her eyes.

„ Sign me up for what?“ Ji An signed her name on the paper she held which she then waved in front of her face.

„ You just agreed to go to the class camping trip this weekend. You are also sharing a tent with us.  Not to mention....You're the one who has to bring snacks.“YAH!

„ The hell I am! Erase my name right this ing second!“ She reached for the paper but Ji An moved away, waving her finger at her.

„ You said you agreed. It is done.“ Soo Ae responded with her lips raised in a playful smirk. Wait, I didn't know what I agreed to!

„ Soo Ae, get my name of that paper now, or I swear to God.....“ Soo Ae chuckled loudly, tapping her finger on her chin like she thought about Yeon Hee's threat for a couple of moments before she sighed in a dramatic manner.

„ Just imagine, demon. Hiking in nature, singing around the camp fire, having the boys with us every second of the way....glorious. Just the way you like it.“ Yeon Hee heard the dweebs laughing as they climbed on the third floor and she knew she had to catch them before they went to soccer practice, which made her unable to deal with this bull they were trying to pull on her now. So she clenched her teeth and backed away from her best friends before pulling a finger over her neck in a gesture of you're dead.

„ I'll get you for this later, got that?“ Soo Ae blew her a kiss and pulled Ji An with her in the opposite direction.

„ Looking forward to it, Fury.“ Yeon Hee rolled her eyes in response and walked straight ahead, cursing her idiotic nature on the way. ing camping and hiking and team building and fresh nature air! God.....how could you even let this happen? Why didn't you pay attention? Why didn't you just burn the ing paper?! UGH. Stupid. Wait a minute.... if she falls down this staircase and breaks a leg or two...she wouldn't have to go, right? She shook her head at the crazy thoughts which were running through her mind and started walking faster, skipping steps on her way to the playroom where she had to check on something that was bothering her since morning. Or rather someone. The dweebs already entered the playroom for their fifteen minute break before they had to go train with Coach Oh, the soccer finals being held next week so they had to train every day, even during school. She finally stood in front of the door, taking a deep breath before knocking once, feeling the shivers of anticipation running down her spine when she did.

„ Come in.“ She heard Luhan from the inside and she mumbled a quick fighting in her chin before she opened the door, listening to the screeching sound it made. She glanced at it, raising her eyebrow in surprise before turning to them with a frown on her face.

„ Why can't you fix this damn door already?“

„ Noona?“ Tao looked at her in confusion from the sofa before standing up to greet her.

„ What's up?“ Chen asked, waving at her. She let the doors close behind her with a bang before she pointed at Minseok with an indifferent expression on her face.

„ I need to talk to you.“ He tilted his head little to the right not even showing that he was surprised by her words. On the other hand, Tao and Kris immediately stood up from the sofa where they were sitting until she barged in and moved away to the other side of the room where Luhan and Chen were standing.

„ Do we....need to go?“ Luhan asked, glancing between her and Minseok with insecurity obvious on his face. She shook her head and approached Minseok, glaring at his face with narrowed eyes before she turned to glance at Luhan.

„ No,  you can stay. I just have to... check on something.“ Minseok now leaned back in the sofa, interest finally showing on his face. She sat on the coffee table in front of him and sighed deeply before asking her question, begging the universe she doesn't stutter when she asks it.

„ May I touch you?“

„ The ?!“ She heard Chen yell on the other side of the room before she hissed at him to shut up.

„ No, really.....we can leave.“ Luhan mumbled, looking extremely uncomfortable at the situation. But Minseok barely cracked a smirk at her words before seductively winking at her.

„ May I choose where you touch me?“ Haha. Very funny.

„ Ugh, hyung.“ Tao whined behind him while Yeon Hee sighed at his obnoxiousness.

„ I'll take that as a yes.“ She then proceeded to do what she wanted to the since the early morning when she first noticed how strange he was acting. It was incredible that nobody else noticed the way he shifted in his chair, the loss of apetite he showed during lunch which was amazing by itself because the boy could usually eat an elephant, the way he either pulled the blazer on or took it off in under a minute feeling hot and cold at the same time. His eyes, the black sharp darkness with a mischevious spark in them were now shallow and she noticed small beads of sweat on his temple as well.

„ Ahm...noona, what are you doing?“ She heard Tao ask when Minseok froze in front of her, clearly surprised at her actions. She proceeded to move her hand on his forehead, not able to stop herself before she gently moved a lock of his dark hair from his forehead, surprised at how soft it actually was in comparison to how spiky it looked. His eyes were digging into hers and she felt something pierce her chest in response, leaving her slightly breathless for a moment from the proximity of his face and the warmth she felt under her palms. She gently brushed over his forehead and proceeded to cup his cheeks, tilting her head as she spoke in a silent voice.

„You have a fever.“ He curved his lips and they looked so tempting at that moment making her feel the desire to touch his lips with her finger to see if they were as soft as his hair. She almost gave in to that impulse when her fingers moved involuntarily to them but then she remembered that touching lips was not a sign of checking if somebody was sick. No, it was sign that somebody was a ert. She barely got herself to remove her hands from his face, feeling an odd sense of loss when she did it. Damn it, Yeon Hee! Get a grip on yourself! Minseok finally managed to move, leaning back on the sofa but not breaking eye contact with her.

„ So, do you need us to hit the lights and leave you two alone or what?“ She heard Chen laughing near the door but before she could say anything Minseok chuckled, shifting his gaze to the troll.

„ It is still more action than you got since you got sick, ChenChen.“ Yeon Hee started cracking up at his response before nodding at Chen.

„ Need some cold water to apply to the burned area?“ Chen rolled his eyes at them before pouting his lips in dissatisfaction.

„ I am so done with you two.“

„ Why are you giving us false hope?“ Yeon Hee asked, putting her palm on her chest to emphasize the imaginary pain she was feeling. Minseok looked at her again, his eyes unreadable and the corner of his lips raised as he analyzed her face.

„ How did you figure it out?“ Well...it's not like I've been watching you the entire day,

„ I am more interested in the fact none of you noticed it.“ She dodged the question as she turned to the dweebs, seeing them with their mouth wide open at the exchange that just happened in front of them.

„ He seemed fine. He said he was OK.“ Kris said, shrugging his shoulders and avoiding the death glare Yeon Hee was giving him.

„ Idiots.“ She scoffed at them before returning her gaze to Minseok.

„ And you, why didn't you stay home if you were sick? Why did you come to school?“

„ I knew you were going to miss me. I couln't have that happen.“ He said, that familiar playfulness still there but she felt there was something....stern behind it. Unyielding. Untouchable. She crossed her arms, not even slightly amused by his idiotic answer.

„ You are ing sick...and you were going to go play soccer today? How stupid can you be?“

„ I am fine.“ He brushed it off, getting up and she proceeded to do the same, rolling her eyes in irritation.

„ Fine my .“ He glanced at her again, curving his lips into a erted smile.

„ It is fine, I must admit.“ No. Your y idiotic comments are not going to get me to quit. You are not OK and you can shove the act up your . She stood in front of him looking at him coldly before she flipped her hair, glancing at the dweebs.

„  His Majesty won't be joining you for training today. He is going to get his home and get better.“

„ I don't need you to tell me what to do.“ Oh, she felt it. The playfulness was disappearing rapidly in front of her very eyes. She touched somewhere where she wasn't supposed to and the relaxed y joker who made her laugh and hiss at him at the same time was now giving way to the other Kim Minseok. The dark, cold one.

„ That's why I am telling them instead.“ She nodded at their direction, crossing her arms on her chest.

„ Tell Coach Oh he is sick and can't go to practice.“ Luhan scratched his neck, clearly uncomfortable before he responded in a silent voice.

„ Yeon Hee, coach needs all of us there. We only have a week before the game and he won't be happy with Min missing on practice.“ She raised her eyebrow at them while sporting a challenging smile on her lips.

„ If he has anything he wishes to say about it, tell him I am looking forward to discussing it with him. In graphic detail. Tell him that in those exact words and we will see what he has to say about it then.“ They backed away slightly at the message behind her words.

He wants him? He can get him. Over my dead body.

„ Yeah, sure, no problem.“ Kris mumbled, avoiding her look. She felt Minseok's presence before he walked in front of her, his dark intense eyes causing the hairs to rise on the back of her neck.

„ I said I was fine. And even if I wasn't....what is that to you?“ Nothing of course! You just go drag your stupid down there and get even more sick. Why the would I care about it? OK, that was a lie. She...she owed him. And this could be a way to repay it back. To help him get better. It's not like she really cared....right? It's all about repaying her debt.

„ I thought you were many things, Kim Minseok, but I never thought you were this stupid. Of course, I can't tell you what to do. But if you go out there now, I will.....“

„ Kill me?“ He asked with a smirk on his face again.

„ You are obviously doing the job very well on your own.“ She said sarcastically, not looking away from him, her unwavering look battling with his cold one when he finally shrugged his shoulders and threw himself in the chair.

„ Go on without me. I would only be a dead weight.“ She took a sharp intake of air, the feeling of relief almost overwhelming her as she barely controlled her facial expression.

„ Not so stupid after all.“ She said, not looking at him as he closed his eyes, leaning his head back.

„ So, that's decided. I'll go ask principal Lee to let him go home and you tell coach Oh he can't train today.“ Luhan nodded, glancing between them before turning to Minseok.

„ Min, take a taxi home. Just leave me the keys so I can take your motorcycle to you.“ He didn't even open his eyes at his best friend's words and she sighed, rolling her eyes.

„ Don't worry, Han, I'll make sure he goes home safely.“

„ My, my, my Yeon Hee, aren't you an angel today.“ Chen whistled in a mocking manner, leaning on the door. 

„ Jealous?“ She asked, tilting her head with a smug smile on her lips. Before Chen could answer Tao spoke, shushing the troll in the process.

„ Noona, are we still on this weekend?“ Everybody looked between them when Yeon Hee smiled, nodding at him.

„ You mean, you, me and Candy? Yes, of course.“

„ Noona is going to meet Candy this weekend at the park.“ Tao explained, smiling in excitement making Yeon Hee's smile widen in return.

„ I'll treat you both to lunch, OK?“ Tao clapped excitedly and looked at his hyungs, shrugging his shoulders at them.

„ Told you she liked me best.“ Yeon Hee looked at Kris next, raising her eyebrow in question.

„  I forgot to ask you, Yifan, is Ji Hyun still giving the drama club a hard time?“ Kris nodded once with eyes wide open, surprised that she knew that. Soo Ae .Soo Ae knows everything. Even that the giant dork in front of her,  who had a lead in the school play was in trouble.

„ Yeah, she told us the play needs to be pushed by two weeks again because the school can't handle it in April.“ Yeon Hee smiled, tapping a finger on her chin before she spoke again.

„ Tell our dear Student Council President Yeon Hee wants her favor back. She won't be giving you hard time after that.“ Everybody looked at her in awe when she shrugged her shoulders.

„ What?“

" What favor does she owe you?" Kris asked, confusion written all over his face. Yeon Hee pursed her lips in amusement before responding.

" How do you even think she became the Student Council President?"

" Wow....noona you are amazing. Like, seriously amazing..." Tao whispered to her, making Yeon Hee roll her eyes as Chen sighed at them both.

„ Let's just go, we don't need anybody in here loving you more than they already do.“ He said, opening the door and pulling the dweebs out as they smiled at her, waving her goodbye. When the door closed, she turned to Minseok who had his eyes closed through the entire interaction  and she could see that the front he put up was cracking.

„ I am going to tell the principal. Don't do anything stupid while I am not here, OK?“ He barely reacted, not even opening his eyes at her. So she went and did something stupid instead.

„ Of course I will excuse Mister Kim. You will make sure he comes home safely, won't you?“ Principal Lee looked at her with wide eyes behind the table making Yeon Hee frown in confusion.

„ I will call him a taxi if that's what you mean.“

„ I will do that, miss Moon. But if there is anyone responsible enough to make sure Mister Kim comes home unharmed, it's certainly you, miss Moon. I will see that you are free to go with him as well.“

„ I don't think it's necessary, I intended to return back to classes.“

„ Well, we both know you won't be missing on anything that you don't already know.“

„ If you think so...Thank you.“ She bowed and went for the door when she heard principal's voice again.

„Mister Kim has showed significant academic improvement in the last two months. He goes to almost his classes, not to mention there haven't been any incidents involving him. I've also been told you two have overcome most of your differences and spend a lot of time together. Could you have something to do with that change miss Moon?“ NO.

„ I don't think I had much to do with it.“ Principle Lee smiled at her quickly before clenching her fist in encouragement.

„ If you say so. But miss Moon......fighting!“ Yeon Hee shook her head in disbelief at what just happened when she stepped outside of her office. She was shaking her head all the way back to playroom, where she  barely managed to get him to come with her, telling them there was a taxi in front and that principal Lee wanted her to keep an eye on him untill he gets home. And she was still scoffing in her chin when they shared a taxi 10 minutes later. Yeon Hee looked at him from the corner of her eye, barely supressing the urge to check on him again. The situation was getting worse in front of her eyes seeing that he barely opened his lips to breathe a little with sweat shining on his forehead. One part of her was cursing him for his stupidity for even coming to school that day. The other part of her was just savoring the moment where she could actually look at him and not glance away quickly or be sassy in the process.She could just...look. She saw a lot of handsome boys in her life, taking into consideration the dweebs were all attractive in their own right but the jackass.... A person would think she got used to it already, but sometimes, it would hit  her so hard in the gut to see him. He was so beautiful it hurt something deep within her,making her wonder how a boy with a face of an angel, the lips of a sinner and the eyes of the devil can be so mesmerizing.

„ Where to Miss?“ The taxi driver's voice made her jump when he turned around to her, obviously noticing the way she stared at Minseok and she bit her lip, feeling the blush rising in her cheeks from embarrassment. She quickly said his home adresss but he immediately interrupted, his voice being cold and dark again, the same tone she already heard earlier that day.

„ No. Downtown.“ The apartment? She stared at him in surprise before frowning.

„ Who's going to take care of you there?“

„ Nobody. I can handle it on my own.“

„ But at the villa you would have help and people who would make sure you get better.“ He scoffed, turning away to look through the window, continuing to speak with that empty voice that gave her chills.

„ I don't need them. Downtown, ahjussi.“ The taxi driver exchanged a look with her and turned left, leaving Yeon Hee scoffing in dissatisfaction. He was impossible today. Coming to school knowing full well he was sick, trying to hide it, not wanting to go home....that idiot is going to get himself dead one day and not because she would kill him. She now turned to look through the window, thinking about her options. She could just go home now. She made sure he came home alright, just like the principal asked her. She did her duty. She was done. Wasn't she? After a couple of minutes the taxi stopped and Minseok paid the driver, quickly getting out of the car, only nodding at her before he closed the door. She stared after him, bitterness overcoming her at that moment, making a frown of frustration appear on her face,

„ Miss? Where do you need to go?“ To hell obviously. She shook her head in annoyance at herself and her cursed nature before getting out of car.

„ Now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter