Epilogue 2.0

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Contrary to popular belief, ladywolf is still alive.

I promised and I delivered, your late Christmas gift is here (finally). I've been spending time with my family and friends so it took me longer than I expected.

Thank you for all the people who voted in the poll, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who voted.

So, here it is. The birthday party, the one you voted for the most.  I hope you like it.

 

**********************************

 

Yeon Hee had just adjusted the plates on the long table in the garden before she narrowed her eyes at the sight, trying to see if there was something missing. She heard the shuffling of the kitchen helpers and the garden workers around her before she heard a familiar giggle which made her heart instantly flutter. She raised her head and looked to her right where Moon Ji Woon was standing with Yeon Hee's daughter and younger son, showing them fishies in the pond they had built recently. She smiled at the sight when a piercing shreek echoed through the air, soon followed by a laughter. In any other house a child screaming would be considered bad but in the Kim residence..... it was more than expected. Yeon Hee raised her eyebrow seeing Minseok casually toss Wonnie over his shoulder before raising him in the air and twirling, causing her son to scream from fun.

„ Appaaaaaaaaaaaaa!“ Minseok twirled him again, tickling his sides causing his son to yelp out. Yeon Hee stood straight, curving her lips into a smile but still feeling that small pinch of fear in her heart because of the heights her son was reaching.  She knew Minseok would never let go of him, that Wonnie was perfectly safe but her mom side didn't really calm down. Ever. There was always a small fear in her insides when it came to her kids, something nobody warned her about before she became a parent. She shook her head and waved at her husband and son who had just returned from the airport where they went to pick up Yifan who was supposed to be coming from China that afternoon. But....there was no Yifan there. She watched Minseok raise their son in the air and fly him around like a superhero, making a wooshing sound before seeing her and running towards her quickly, causing their son to scream some more. She sighed and crossed her arms when they reached her and Minseok finally let their son down on the ground, Wonnie's dark hair, barely a shade lighter than Minseok's, being all messy, his chubby cheeks red, his black eyes shining from excitement.

„ Eomma, did you see?! I was flying!“ Yeon Hee passed her fingers through his hair and nodded with a serious expression on her face.

„ I saw. You were cool. Very cool.“ Wonnie smiled in surprise.

„ Really? I mean....“ He finally remembered that he was supposed to be the mature, serious one so he coughed and shrugged his shoulders,

„ Of course I am. I am always cool.“ Full 45 seconds before the demon brat strikes again.

„ Just like me.“ Both Yeon Hee and Minseok said at the same time which made them roll their eyes at each other.

„ You wish....“ Yeon Hee scoffed at her husband who raised his eyebrow in return.

„ I know.“ Their son looked between them with an adorable frown on his face.

„ You are parents. You can't be cool.“

„ Yah, you brat!!!“ Minseok and Yeon Hee yelled at him when ahjumma appeared behind Yeon Hee and looked at the mini Kim sternly, causing him to widen his eyes and inch closer to his father, looking for protection. Ahjumma, who was almost 65 by now, was just as terrifying as she was when Yeon Hee was a kid herself. A force to be reckoned with. She looked at all of them with a small frown on her face before looking down at Wonnie and shaking her head.

„ You need to comb your hair and wash your face before the guests arrive. Come on, ahjumma will help you.“ She reached out her hand to Wonnie who pouted in return.

„ I can do it myself, I don't need your help.“ Yeon Hee winked at Minseok who covered his smile with his palm. Poor naive kid....Ahjumma looked at the six year old  in silence before nodding to herself and making an exasperated facial expression.

„ I am sure you can Wonnie-ah. Ahjumma is just feeling slightly under the weather at the moment. I think I need to wash my face, maybe it could make me feel better. Since you are so grown now...maybe you can help ahjumma instead.“ Wonnie's eyes instantly widened and he ran to take ahjumma's hand.

„ Really, ahjumma? Are you feeling very bad?“ Ahjumma shook her head and dramatically responded.

„ A little....“ Wonnie nodded, pulling her forward.

„ Come with me ahjumma. I'll help you.“ Yeon Hee and Minseok watched their oldest son gently pull ahjumma forward and ahjumma took the time to turn around and wink at them both, looking completely satisfied with herself.

„ She still got it.“ Minseok whispered in Yeon Hee's ear causing her to chuckle in return.

„ She did that to me when I was a kid too. I still can't believe that I fell for that crap.“ Yeon Hee finally remembered the reason why her husband even left the preparations for her garden party and raised her eyebrow, turning to him.

„ Where is Yifan?“ Minseok sighed deeply and passed his left hand, the hand with his wedding ring, through his hair.

„ Yifan...lost his baggage on his way to the airport early in the morning. He was forced to take another flight so he will be coming later.“

„ How did he manage to lose his baggage?“ Minseok shrugged his shoulders before responding.

„ It's Yifan, jagiya.“

„ Why are we still surprised by this?“

„ I am not.“ Minseok said before cracking his shoulders and neck, reaching his hands to place them at Yeon Hee's waist and pull her closer.

„ You know....your firstborn is very exhausting. He is a rowdy little demon....but not as rowdy as his mother.“ Yeon Hee scrunched up her nose and narrowed her eyes at him before answering in a cold voice.

„ Continue teasing me and I won't be rowdy anytime soon.“ He chuckled and kissed her slightly before moving his hands down on her hips.

„ Remember the last time you tried not to be rowdy? How long did you last then?“

„ Two days is a lot of time, OK?“

„ It wasn't even full two days.“ Still counts!

„ Listen here jackass, I.....“

„ Appa.“ They both looked down to meet a pair of huge brown eyes which belonged to their younger son who obviously left his grandfather and sister to run up to them, seeing that his father had arrived.

„ Yes, little man?“ Minseok asked, lowering himself to his younger son's level. Hyunnie pressed his lips before speaking.

„ I think eomma hurt herself.“ Yeon Hee widened her eyes in shock as Minseok looked at her, traces of worry appearing in his eyes instantly. Yeon Hee shook her head and approached her son, passing her thumbs over his cheeks in a soothing manner.

„ I am not hurt sweetie, what makes you think that?“ Hyunnie looked at her, pouting his rosy lips before responding.

„ But why are you walking funny then?“ Oh God. No. God. No. No, no, no, no,no, no...... Minseok widened his lips into a smug smirk when he realized what his son meant, causing Yeon Hee to hit his chest and hiss under her breath.

„ Don't even think about it...“

„ Walking funny?“ Minseok asked in a calm voice and Yeon Hee heard the amusement in his voice.

„ She makes a face when she moves suddenly, like she has a boo boo somewhere.“

„ I am NOT hurt, Hyunnie.“ Minseok ignored her words and reached his fingers to trail the edge of her blue dress, widening his eyes in an innocent question.

„ Where exactly are you hurt, jagiya?“ If Hyunnie wasn't there....

„ I swear to God, Min...“

„ There.“ Hyunnie pointed at her lower stomach and pelvis area with a confused pout on his lips. Minseok shook his head with fake worry in his tone.

„ How come you hurt yourself there, jagiya?“

„ Min... I do enjoy being a wife but I think I would prefer to be a widow in the near future.“ She mumbled in his ear when Hyunnie spoke again.

„ What's a widow?“

„ Something eomma is going to be very soon if she is lucky.“ Yeon Hee answered nonchalantly, causing Minseok to pinch her thigh in return before Hyunnie continued speaking.

„ Usually eomma and you kiss our boo boos so we feel better. Can you kiss eomma there too so she can feel better?“ Lord Jesus have mercy on my soul, I can already hear it....

„ Appa tried kissing it better, Hyunnie-ah. All night long. It didn't work.“ Minseok said with false sadness in his voice making Yeon Hee step on his foot with all her force before hugging her younger son and peppering his face with kisses to distract him.

„ Eomma is fine, don't worry about it, sweetie. Now, why don't you go and find Mrs. Kwon to give you some cake before the party.“

„ But you said we can't eat sweets.“ Damn her and her punishments...

„ This is eomma's gift to you because you said happy birthday to eomma first today. Don't tell your brother about it, OK? Now, off you go!“ She slightly tapped his making him run towards the villa before Yeon Hee turned to Minseok who was practically dying from laughter in front of her.

„ Are you serious now?! I will straight up murder you! Moron!!!“ She punched his chest a little before he managed to capture her hands and intertwine their fingers together.

„ It was funny.“

„ I hate you, you know that?“ He brushed his nose over her cheek before gently passing his fingers over her stomach.

„ I didnt know I made you that sore. I am sorry.“

„ I might believe that if I didn't hear that smugness in your voice.“ Minseok leaned forward,  playfully winking at her.

„ I am not sorry anymore than you are.“ True.

„ I think I would look good as a widow in mourning....“ She whispered when he turned around, trying to catch a sight of their daughter.

„ Where is my baby Baozi?“

„ She is with my father near the pond.“ Yeon Hee said, fixing his shirt before nodding to the direction of their daughter who was currently sitting on her grandfather's shoulders, clapping at something she saw in the pond.

„ Yeon Hee-ah!!“ Yeon Hee turned around to the sound of a familiar voice to see Ji An and Luhan walking towards them together with their seven year old twin boy and girl. Ji An waved at her happily, her long brown hair flying behind her, looking pretty in her light pink dress and blazer with a floral pattern while Luhan smiled at them, looking just as handsome as ever. They approached them quickly before Ji An hugged her tightly.

„ Happy birthday! You look so beautiful, my God I love your dress!“ She exclaimed, backing away a little to glance over Yeon Hee's blue dress with approval on her face. Luhan came up to her, his facial features sharper and more prominent than they were when they were younger but he was still handsome, his pale face delicately beautiful.

„ Happy birthday, little sister, I am so glad I came back in time for your birthday.“ Yeon Hee frowned at his words, glancing down to look at his knee in dark jeans.

„ How is your knee injury, Han?“ Luhan sighed, glancing down at his leg as well.

„ The doctors said it's fine for now, but I don't think I am gonna last for longer than two seasons. Actually...“ He looked at his wife and children and smiled widely.

„ I think it's my time to come back home for good.“ Luhan had been a professional soccer player for years now, he spend some time in the Chinese national football team after which he was offered to play for one of the best English clubs, which had been his dream since he was a kid. Luhan insisted he and Ji An got married before he went overseas, so they did and Ji An followed him to England soon enough, displaying her art in galleries in both Europe and Asia. But when she got pregnant with their twins she returned to Korea permanently and Luhan visited them there instead. Ji An, who was by now a recognized artist and photographer, owned her own gallery and worked hand in hand with Hae Sook, who started and led a foundation for children with branches in both Korea and China, with Ji An being in charge of the art programs for the kids.

Ji An quickly hugged Minseok before Luhan and him looked at each other with a small smile. It had been hard to keep their friendship stable because of the distance, but they still tried through the years.

„ Lu.“

„ Min.“ They nodded at each other before hugging, patting each other's back like men usually did. Yeon Hee looked at the wide eyed twins and spread her arms in invitation.

„ Do you want to give your aunt a hug?“ The twins nodded and rushed to her, gripping her tightly. Yeon Hee smiled at her honorary nephews and kissed their light brown hair, one of the rare things they got from Ji An. The very beautiful twins, the boy Do Yun and the girl Ha Eun, inherited their father's elegant features and large eyes but they both showed more love for art than for soccer, even if both kids could kick in the game.The twins ran to hug their uncle Min before looking around in confusion.

„ Where are Wonnie and Hyunnie?“ Do Yun asked, widening her eyes at Minseok.

„ In the villa. You can go get them though, people should start coming any second.“ The twins nodded and ran towards the villa when Minseok turned to Yeon Hee.

„ Jagiya, I am going to go make Lu a drink. Do you and Ji An want something?“

„ Nothing for me yet, thank you.“ Ji An responded with a smile before Yeon Hee shook her head.

„ Me neither, yaebo.“ Ji An and Luhan shared a small peck on the lips before Min and Lu walked away to the bar set up near the table. Ji An turned to Yeon Hee with a smile.

„ I am so excited to see all of us today, God, I haven't seen Panda in months and Kris, it's been a year since I've last seen him! Wait.....Soo Ae and Chen are not here yet? Kang Soo Ae is late?“ She asked with a slight smile on her lips because they both knew there was only one reason why Soo Ae would be late.

„ You're the first to come, my father and ahjumma are the only ones here for now. Mother in law is coming later in the afternoon.“ Ji An pressed her lips for a quick second before glancing behind her to look at Minseok.

 „ And Mister Kim?“ She asked, lowering her voice.

„ We are going to have lunch with him this weekend. I barely got Min to even agree to that. But, him coming today, with mother in law here, God no....“

„ I know they hate each other but still...they can't hold it for one day in front of their grandchildren?“ Yeon Hee shook her head with a sad smile.

„ It would be easier if they just hated each other. That...that is a whole another story.“ Ji An pursed her lips slightly before leaning forward, her gold earrings dangling from the movement.

„ Is it true Tao is bringing his fiancee to meet us? I mean...to meet you.“ Yeon Hee smiled wickedly before winking at Ji An.

„ Oh, yeah he is.“ Ji An's eyes practically glistened from excitement.

„ Our Panda is finally in love! What do you know about her?“

„ I know what Soo Ae found out. Tsui Sarah is a Chinese-Canadian former model turned actress. She recently started started her own clothing line, which she designed herself. Did I forget to mention she used to model for Gucci?“ Ji An sighed, clapping her hands from h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter