Chapter 37- C.R.A.Z.Y

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wow, this has taken a strange turn. Yeon Hee crossed her arms, glancing between Kris, who looked like he would rather be anywhere but there at that moment and Minseok who had an expression of absolute boredom on his face, looking completely unfazed by the awkward atmosphere which was looming over their table. Chen was still humming in his chin while Luhan sighed, looking like he was tired of life itself.

„ Yeah...I...I have something to do.....with Tao.“ Kris finally spoke, his deep voice just slightly cracking from the choking he suffered through earlier. Tao looked at him in surprise, furrowing his eyebrows at him.

„ You do?“ Kris glared murderously at him before hissing at him through clenched teeth.

„ Didn't you say you wanted to go buy a new pair of sunglasses, Panda?“ Tao twisted his face in confusion, staring at his hyung getting up and taking his jacket from the chair.

„ But you said you weren't going to go with me, you said....“

„ Nonsense, I told you earlier we were going to go today.“ Kris interrupted him, his cheeks slightly blushing when he narrowed his eyes at him. Yeon Hee raised her eyebrow at the situation at the table, pressing her lips as she thought about it. What the was wrong with him? With all of them? Kris was a weirdo, they all were, but this? This was beyond strange .She was still trying to figure out what the was going on there when she finally broke the silence surrounding them.

„ I wasn't even going to bother you Yifan. Since Min Woo can't drop me off, I'll just take a taxi home.“ Minseok nonchalantly got up from his chair, stretching for a moment before lazily smiling in her direction, causing her to narrow her eyes at him in suspicion. That can't be good.

„ I'll drop you off. I mean...I already know where you live.“ She rolled her eyes at him, pursing her lips in annoyance.

You have a motorcycle, moron. He winked at her with a familiar smug smile on his lips, continuing with their wordless conversation.

Do you really think that is a problem for someone like me? He turned to Luhan next and reached his hand out, snapping his fingers at him.

„ Lu, give me your car keys.“ Luhan made an expression of absolute horror, shaking his head.

„ Why me?!“ Minseok continued to glare at him without a word until Luhan frowned, taking his keys out with frustration obvious on his face.

„ You better not get a speeding ticket this time!“ Minseok took the keys and threw them in the air nonchalantly before catching them with an amused smile on his lips.

„ When have I ever....?“

„ I am done with this childish arguing here, OK? I am calling myself a taxi.“ Yeon Hee said sternly, fumbling through her pockets looking for her cellphone when Minseok popped another rice cake in his mouth. He was still his upper lip when he moved towards her, making her forget what she was supposed to do with the cellphone in her hands. Taxi? I was supposed to call for one. Right?

„ Who's arguing? It's all settled, birthday demon. Let's go.“ He immediately picked up most of the presents from the desk and the floor that she previously put into bags and walked out of the restaurant leaving her frowning in disbelief at his arrogance behind him. She clenched her fists, yelling at him as he walked away.

„ Yah, you stupid douche, where are you going with my stuff?!“ He just waved back, not even turning around. You cocky, presumptious son of a ! She  moved towards him, ready to smother him to death with that plush panda when she felt Ji An wrap her arms around her waist, pulling her back. Soo Ae leaned on her shoulder, taking a strand of Yeon Hee's hair to play with, making Yeon Hee sigh in return and give her attention to her best friends instead.

„ You are already leaving us, hoe?" Yeon Hee sighed, patting Soo Ae's arm when she responded to her.

„ Dad said he is coming home early today to spend the day with me. And ahjumma is going to be there and you know how bad she can get....“ Ji An nodded at her words, curving her lips into an adorable smile.

„ Are we still going to do something this weekend? Just the three of us?“ Yeon Hee turned to them and raised her eyebrow at them in a teasing manner.

„ Maybe we can get arrested again, who knows.....“

" We were not arrested! Stop saying that...God...." Ji An whined loudly, shaking her head in annoyance before stomping away making Soo Ae and Yeon Hee giggle at her dramatic exit.

It took Yeon Hee 10 more minutes to say goodbye to all of them, with Tao refusing to let go of her and Chen wiggling his eyebrows at her, which was a sure sign he was up to something. And she found out a moment later what exactly he was up to when Mister Lee approached the table, saying goodbye to her and then exclaiming he needed someone to help him bring everything back to the kitchen, because his son left early and there was apparently a shortage od waiters. Mister Lee then turned to Luhan  with an expression of innocence on his face.

„ How about you, handsome? Can you do it?“ Ji An immediately stood up, her hands shaking when she raised her voice.

„ Yah, dad! I'll help you!“ Yeon Hee pressed her throbbing temple and glanced at Chen and Soo Ae who had the same mischevious smile on their lips as they stared at the situation. Of course. Chen's bathroom break a couple of minutes ago. He ratted the love birds out, the stupid troll...

„ Picasso,  there is no need to be upset about this. I am sure your friend wouldn't mind...or am I wrong?“ He looked at Luhan again, this time with a stern expression on his face and Luhan gulped, quickly getting up and bowing at him.

„ No, Sir.“ Chen was laughing his off while hiding his face into Soo Ae's shoulder when Ji An nervously glanced between her father and her crush with pure panic on her face.

„ That is very nice of you, handsome.“ Mister Lee nodded in approval at him making Luhan frown from blatant discomfort.

„ It's Luhan, Sir.“ 

„ No....I am pretty sure I am going to stick with handsome for now.“ Mister Lee said with a smug smile of satisfaction on his lips when he turned around, followed by clearly, incredibly uncomfortable Luhan and a very flustered Ji An who was yelling behind him that he shouldn't bully her friends into working for him. Yeon Hee approached the side of the table where Soo Ae and Chen sat next to each other and she acted like she was going to pull them into a hug before she banged their heads together, causing them to whine in pain. Yeon Hee patted their hands next, shaking her head in fake disappointment.

„ Play nice kids.“

„ Yah, what was that for?!“ Soo Ae asked, rubbing her head while frowning at her.

„ Oh, I do wonder.“ Yeon Hee answered sarcastically, rolling her eyes at them. After a couple of more goodbyes she finally made it to the door, carrying Yifan's painting and Taozi the plush panda, stepping out of the restaurant with a final wave in their direction, her lips pressing in a line  when she saw Minseok listening to music in Luhan's Jeep, tapping on the steering wheel in the rhythm of the beat. She closed her eyes for a moment, breathing deep, trying to think this through. This wasn't a good idea. Yeah, he glanced over the whole „hug thing“ but boy, she was sure he was going to make her life miserable the moment she steps into the car. He was probably just waiting to torture her alone all along because he is a horrible, sadistic son of a....

„ Do you need help with that?“ Her eyes shot open at his voice when he stepped out, approaching her. Umm....

„ No. I can handle it. Can you just.... open the door for me?“ He opened the door to the backseat, letting her put the gifts in before she went to sit at the passenger seat with him joining her soon, closing the door after him and starting the car. She pulled her seatbelt on while glaring at him.

„ What?“ He asked, driving away from the parking lot. She spoke with a stern voice, not looking away from him.

„ Seatbelt.“ He rolled his eyes at her, turning on his signal before he turned left.

„ It's not such a long ride.“

„ What the hell does that have to do with anything? Put the freaking seatbelt on!“ He smirked at her, amusement obvious in his sharp eyes. 

„ Are you that worried about my safety?“ Only when I am not the one jeopardizing it.....

„ No, I am worried about mine."

„ But you are wearing your seatbelt, so you don't have anything to worry about....“

„ I swear to God, if I have to pull that seatbelt over you, I will choke you with it.“ She glared at him when they stopped at the red light and he looked back at her.

„ Then what is the point of wearing it if I am going to die either way?“ She scoffed at him, rolling her eyes at him.

„ Fine. Drop dead. Who cares.“ She turned to the window when he sighed, pulling the seatbelt on.

„ You are so manipulative, you know that?“ She barely suppressed a smug smile, not looking back at him.

„ I think the word you were meaning to use is amazing.“ She repeated his words from the amusement park and he shook her head at her before laughing loudly.

„ Yeah, amazingly manipulative.“  Indeed, I am. They drove in a silence for a while until she recognized the song that was playing on the stereo, unable to hide the smile creeping on her lips.

„ C.R.A.Z.Y.“ She silently spoke in her chin, looking through her window, moving her head in the rhythm of 4MINUTE's Crazy- one of her favourite jams when she repeated the chorus out loud, enjoying the badass vibe of the song.

„ Everyone go crazy....“ He interrupted the song, raising his eyebrow at her when he spoke.

 „ I never heard you sing.“ She frowned at him, shaking her head in denial.

„ I am not singing, your Majesty. And the fact you never heard me sing....let's just say not even you deserve that kind of punishment.“ He laughed, not looking away from the road.

„ Come on, you can't be that bad.“ Boy, you have no idea.... She chuckled, still moving her head in the rhythm of the song.

„ Let's just say singing isn't one of my many talents.“ He glanced at her with a mocking expression on his face.

„ And what is? Making people cry?“ She rolled her eyes at his comment, brushing her hair from her face in frustration.

„ Why is that always the first thing people say?"

„ Oh? What else can you do?“ She smugly smiled at him before shrugging her shoulders.

„ Wouldn't you like to know...“ He hummed a little in response, thinking about it.

„ Is it...spitting fire?“ I wish. But alas...no.

„ No.“

„ Is it......the ability to miss the nose while punching? Because let me tell you...that's a real talent right there.“

„ Very funny, your Majesty. Now you will never know.“ She turned to the window again, pressing her lips as she enjoyed the song while he whined next to her, curving his lips in disappointment.

„ Oh, come on! You can't just start something and then back down like that!“ She ignored him while he puffed his cheeks in dissatisfaction for a moment before glancing back at her with a shrewd expression on his face.

„ If you tell me your secret talent, I'll tell you mine.“ She turned to him, suspicion obvious on her face.

„ I don't want to know about your skills in bed. That doesn't count as a talent.“ She mumbled, rolling her eyes at him who snickered as he turned right.

„ I thought we were talking about secret talent. That's no secret.“ She puffed in annoyance, waving her hand at him.

„ You are such a ert.“

„ Who mentioned my skills in bed first out of the two of us? And then I am the ert.“ Well.....oh, just shut up. She leaned in further into the seat, playing with the hem of her coat as they listened to the ending of the song.

„ Sooo....are you going to tell me or what?“ He asked again and she pressed her lips in satisfaction at his curiosity. She was silent for a couple of minutes, leaving him to wait for her response. Finally she sighed, pursing her lips before grumbling back at him.

„ That better be one hell of a talent you have, your Majesty.“ She cleared and leaned forward, cracking her neck and her knuckles in preparation.

„ This is my party trick. I haven't shown this to anyone in a while.“ 

„ Are you opening the gates of hell?“ He asked, glancing at her in acted out shock.

„ No, that's my other party trick.“ She responded sweetly before closing her eyes, trying to focus.

„ I am all ears.“ He  mumbled, waiting for her,

„ OK. Who's this?“ She turne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter