Chapter 41- Liar in denial

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guys, I can't be doesn't mean I am not in this story. Capisce?

*********************************************

She wanted to scream. She wanted to yell and break and rip out the bus seat in front of her even with Joungjae still sleeping there. She clenched her fists and glanced through the window of the moving bus with a deep frown etched on her face.

„ What?“ Yeon Hee was staring at Yixing who had been eating noodles in a cup early in the morning while everybody packed their stuff around them. Yixing nodded, widening those brown sweet eyes at her in innocence.

„ Yes, Minseok hyung said he had a family emergency so he needed to head back earlier. He left at dawn.“

„ Oh.OK. Thank you Yixing.“ He looked at her in confusion when she started walking away.

„ Yeon Hee...are you OK?“ She forced herself to smile at him while brushing the hair from her face.

„ Of course, Xing. Just peachy.“ The same lie. Told for the second time. Yeon Hee was listening to Tao, who was leaning on her shoulder, mumble something in his sleep- something about Candy and his...mother? What? She calmed her breathing, trying to ignore the throbbing frustration in her body. She looked ahead, trying to find something to take her mind off the jackass only to see Luhan two seets in front of her on the other side of the bus, looking affectionately at Ji An who was almost in the same position on Luhan like Tao on Yeon Hee, sleeping soundly on his shoulder. He snuck his arm around her petite frame and pulled her even closer to him, gently rubbing circles into her shoulder. A seat behind them Kris and Yixing were currently talking about something in rapid Mandarin, spitting phrases so fast she could barely even register anything through the noise in the bus with her colleagues all singing and laughing and being absolutely ing obnoxious in the process. Talking about obnoxious, Chen, who had some serious bruising around his nose and a cut on his lip which he said came after bumping into a tree last night, leaned his head in Soo Ae's lap as they constantly giggled about something. Yeon Hee's throat tightened when Soo Ae looked up and caught her glance, tilting her head and raising her eyebrow at her. Yeon Hee turned around and leaned her head on the window, feeling the memories from last night hit her again, draining the last traces of her sanity.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! She was looking at his back as he walked away into the distance and it was...so familiar to her. How many times did he do that to her? Turned his back and walked away in the middle of the conversation like he was talking to thin air, like she was...thin air. How easy is for him to do that?

„Miss Moon.....“ She heard Mister Park's voice behind her and she turned around, surprised that he was there, her mind way too overwhelmed with everything that happened so far to remember that he actually heard almost everything. Go yourself Kim Minseok....Oh. Maybe not the best thing to say in front of your teacher. She bowed in apology, her face being completely expressionless.

„ I am sorry you had to hear that Mister Park.“ He shook his head once before raising his eyebrow at her.

„ I didn't hear anything if you didn't.“ Oh, the sugarplum nickname. Right. She nodded in silent agreement before speaking again, her voice laced with innocent wonder.

„ Hear what, Mister Park?“ She bowed again in a goodbye, taking a different route to the camp site when she heard his silent voice again.

„ Miss Moon....are you alright?“ She closed her eyes for a mere second when she heard real worry in her teacher's voice.What is this the third, fourth time he stumbled upon them arguing? Or fighting, or God know what else.....

„ Just peachy, Mister Park. Thank you for your concern.“ She walked away fast, pulling her sleeves over her knuckles, avoiding the thoughts that were hammering in her skull, feeling a headache coming on. She felt numb everytime a branch hit her body, everytime the leaves on the ground cracked when she stepped on them, everytime the cold night air grazed her skin while she approached the camp site coming from the side closer to her tent. She thanked the universe her tent was at the edge of the forrest as she slipped in, hoping she was being unnoticeable. She threw herself on the sleeping bag and hit her head repeatedly on Ji An's pillow, finally allowing herself to think about it,and as a result- to cringe about it. How she kissed him.....OH. GOD. IDIOT.

„ Idiot, idiot, idiot...“ She cursed under her breath, still burying her head into the pilllow.

„ No argument there.“ She heard Soo Ae behind her when Ji An gasped, shuffling closer to her. Yeon Hee stopped moving, mumbling into the pillow.

„ I can't believe what I did. I just can't...“ Soo Ae and Ji An kneeled next to her and she felt someone gently pat her back, probably Ji An who called her name.

„ Yeon Hee...“

„I can't believe it. God, why...“  Yeon Hee continued to mumble, not wanting to look at her friends. She felt Soo Ae pressing her finger into her sides, which would usually cause Yeon Hee to try and kill her but she didn't even react, she didn't even lift her head from the pillow.

„ Yeon Hee, you're scaring us. Talk to us.“ She heard Ji An again and Soo Ae leaned in closer to whisper next to her ear, blatant worry dripping from her voice.

„ Please, Yeon Hee. Did something happen?Are you hurt? Did someone hurt you?“ Yeon Hee finally her back and cleared , staring at the top of the tent.

„ I kissed him.“ There was a dead silence in the tent before Ji An's weak whisper was heard.

„ Who?“

„ Mi...“ She couldn't even speak his name without feeling like a ing truck hit her in the chest but it didn't matter to those two at all. Soo Ae and Ji An screamed, or better squealed in shock, pulling her up into a sitting position.

„ OH GOD!“

„ Minseok?!“

„ Praise the Lord, you finally got some!“

„ YAH!“ Yeon Hee snapped at Soo Ae, pulling her braid but Soo Ae just shook her off, narrowing her eyes at her.

 „ I know I should ask why...but I don't give a at this moment. What was it like?!“

„ How was it?“ Ji An asked, gripping her other hand with blatant curiosity on her face. Yeon Hee groaned, pulling her hands out of their grip and covering her face in embarrassment.

„ It was...amazing.“ Ji An squealed again as Soo Ae clapped excitedly, moving closer to her.

„ Is he really as good as the rumours say he is?“ OH GOD IS HE.

„ Yes. Better even. God...the things he can do with his lips. It was ing perfect. I can still feel it.“ It was truly...it was out of this world. He was warm, he was everywhere and she could still feel him on her skin, in her hair, on her lips...in her mind. The shivers of pleasure still lingered on her.

„ OK now when we got that covered......WHY?!“Soo Ae screeched, making Yeon Hee open her eyes and stare up into the tent, trying to explain it to them, trying to explain it to herself.

„ I...I...We were talking normally for a while and then...I told him something. I don't know why I did it, it just slipped out. The next thing I know he is closer to me and I thought, I hoped he would lean in and kiss me but he just...backed away. I never felt rejection before and I didn't know it was that horrible. I couldn't think straight, I was frustrated, disappointed... So I went in and kissed him instead. He was shocked at first, but oh God then he wasn't anymore and he made me lose my head and I couldn't even think about anything other then how good it felt.“ Soo Ae nodded at her words, looking at her with an shrewd expression on her face.

„ After that it all became a blur, I don't remember anything other than me using grandma Nam's acting talent, which thankfully skipped a generation to come to me, to get out of that mess. I don't even know what kind of bull I told him. Something about...I don't know payback for my first stolen kiss or God knows what.“

„ He bought that? Seriously?“ Soo Ae asked, covering her giggle with her palm.

„ What did he say? What did he do?“ Ji An asked  looking at her with wide eyes. Yeon Hee frowned, remembering what led to her chasing him in the woods.

„ He...he started mentioning Kris all of the sudden, like I kissed him or what not but it was obvious he was just using him to get out of there.“

„ Kris? What does he have to do with anything?“ Ji An asked, sitting on the back of her knees, tilting her head in question. Soo Ae raised her finger before speaking loudly, glancing between them both with a stern look in her eyes.

„  I don't care about that. There is more important to talk about, like for example.... You said you kissed him because you felt rejected. But you also said, you thought he was going to kiss you, that you hoped it would happen.You continued kissing him after that because you enjoyed it. So, demon.... do you feel anything for him?“ Yeon Hee covered her face again before nodding, feeling the heat in her cheeks.

„ Yeah.“ Soo Ae and Ji An looked at each other in shock before turning to her with mouths wide open. Yeon Hee sighed and rustled her hair in anger before gripping her forearms, trying to rationalize her emotions.

„ I am physically attracted to him There is no denying it anymore. I am....extremely physically attracted to him. But that's...normal right? I am a healthy, heteroual young girl with urges. It's perfectly reasonable.“

„ Urges, jeez.“ Soo Ae shook her head in disbelief at the word she used.

„ But...are you like in love with him? Something more than attraction?“ Ji An asked and Yeon Hee backed away in horror.

„ NO! Don't even...don't even say that! Like I could ever... It was just some hurt pride and frustration, nothing more than that. I can't be in love with him.“

„ You can't?“ Ji An asked, raising her eyebrow at her.

„ I am a Moon. We don't fall in love.“

„ Doesn't the rule say that Moons can fall in love only once?“ Soo Ae said, looking at her with furrowed eyebrows.

„ Exactly. Do I seem like someone who would waste my only once on someone lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter