Chapter 11- The cliché

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

„ Are you sure we can't get soju?“ Soo Ae whispered in Ji An's ear, causing her to turn in horror before hissing in a hushed tone.

„ Are you crazy, Soo Ae?! If my mother hears you asking for it, we can just go and pick out the flowers for our funeral!“ Yeon Hee giggled in her glass of soda while looking at her two best friends arguing about their choice of beverages. The school had ended some time ago and the trio went to Ji An's parents restaurant to gloat over the success of baby Minnie, who was currently trending in both Japan and Korea. Ji An's parents, who were absolute sweethearts just like their daughter, gave their most important customers a special table with the best view over the city. Soo Ae pouted her lips at Ji An before asking again in a half pleading tone.

„ Come on, Ji An, are we not here to celebrate?“ Yeon Hee coughed at those words, raising her hand to answer instead of the obviously displeased Ji An.

„ We can't officialy celebrate anything until I put Kim Minseok, aka Prince of douchebags 6 feet under ground. This is more like a reward for all of our hardwork. I also have to mention that Ji An's parents have invited us here tonight because they wanted to see what've been up to lately. It seems they think our behaviour has been very suspicious. At least that's what your brother told me, Ji An-ah.“ Ji An rolled her eyes at the mention of her younger brother before scoffing in annoyance.

„ Yeah, the moron has a lot of things to say, unfortunately.“ Soo Ae rolled her eyes at Ji An's words before leaning closer to Yeon Hee with a questioning expression on her face.

„ Why aren't the other boys here if we are here for celebration of our hardwork? After all...they did most of it.“ Yeon Hee widened her eyes in fake shock, gripping her chest like she was outraged by Soo Ae's question.

„ How big do you think my allowance is, little miss I watch my money burn in the fireplace when I am bored. I was not born on a pile of money like some people at this table, OK?“ Soo Ae rolled her eyes at Yeon Hee, not trying to be subtle about it at all making Yeon Hee curve her lips into a small smile, knowing she had annoyed her. It had never been a secret that Soo Ae was the richest one among them but it only came up in jokes like this. Not that Yeon Hee ever had to worry about money either, her father owned a very successful law firm while Ji An's parents ran this small but adorable family restaurant which was always full of customers. But Ji An got into their elite school on an art schoolarship, relying on her talent- not money or lineage. They all came from different backgrounds but they clicked from the start, all of them being different from each other and the jackasses in their school. Money and all the material stuff didn't matter, what mattered is how much and how deeply they cared for one another.

„ Yeah, yeah, I shower in money, I know, I know....“ Soo Ae muttered under her breath making Yeon Hee widen in false surprise.

„ You shower in money, Soo Ae? Wow.... that can't be comfortable.“ Soo Ae threw her napkin on her, fed up with her attitude but Yeon Hee caught it, shaking her head in disappointment.

„ It seems buttload of money still doesn't buy good manners, you rude brat.“ Soo Ae narrowed her eyes at her before drinking a sip of her bubble tea, going back to the original subject she brought up.

„ Still Yeon Hee, the boys should have been here. After all, they helped out a lot.“ Yeon Hee sighed  deeply and stole her cup of bubble tea, meeting her angry gaze when she did.

„ I know, I invited them too but Min Woo said they were dead tired. After all they did wake up at 4 this morning.“ Ji An picked up her glass of water and raised it in the air while looking at her best friends.

„ Even if they aren't here, here is a toast for the wonderful and very tall basketball team for their skills in plastering posters on the walls. It was really very convenient that they don't like Minseok so much that they agreed to help us.“ Yeon Hee laughed at Ji An's naive words while moving a strand of her dark hair from her cheek.

„ No, what was really convenient is that the boys really wanted to play at the charity event and only I am scary enough to make that happen. Not to mention, I had to make sure you had a chance to talk to Luhan at the charity event if he decides to go and not just watch him creepily from the bleachers while drooling, like you usually do.“ Ji An hissed at her, looking offended at her words.

„ I do not drool after him.“

„ Please Ji An, you leave puddles after yourself.“ Soo Ae said while laughing, giving her a teasing wink before raising her cup of bubble tea.

„  I do believe another toast is in order. Here is for Ji An's adorable younger brother and his friends who took the internet by storm, all for a picture with us so they can claim we are their girlfriends. That was cute.“ Ji An scoffed at her words, curving her lips in dissatisfaction.

„ Cute! Give me a break.That dweeb is lucky I promised I wouldn't tell mom what he did with his birthday money.“ Soo Ae laughed at Ji An's snarky words before speaking again.

„ I still think they were absolutely adorable. I can't believe what they managed to do with video we gave them.“

„ Well how much time my of a brother and his idiotic friends spend on a computer, I am glad they were useful for something in their life.“ Yeon Hee giggled in her hand, watching Ji An roll her eyes at the mere mention of her 15 year old brother who was always either trying to destroy the house or spend all his time on the internet playing videogames. Those two were always on each other's throat, making him one of the rare people who annoyed the always kind Ji An. However, he was always adorkable around Yeon Hee and Soo Ae, mostly because he had a huge crush on Soo Ae who suddenly stood up from her chair and smiled at Yeon Hee, lifting up her cup again.

„ And finally, a toast for Yeon Hee, the evil mastermind who thought of all of this.... may we never become enemies. You are ing scary, demon girl.“ Yeon Hee theatrically bowed at her praise, wiping fake tears from her eyes before putting a hand on her chest, giving her speech in a dramatic voice.

„ Thank you, thank you, it means a lot to me to know my evil ways are being appreciated. I would like to thank everyone who was ever unfortunate enough to become my target for allowing me to practice on them. I would also like to thank my parents for creating me this wicked...and not to mention devilishly charming as well. Finally, I would like to thank my two foolish friends who spend way too much time with me. I am corrupting you girls and I couldn't be more proud of it.“ They all laughed and knocked their glasses together when she ended her speech, bowing again. Soo Ae chuckled before winking at Ji An.

„ That's true. Even Ji An's innocence is being destroyed as we speak.“ Ji An frowned at Soo Ae's words, furrowing her eyebrows at her.

„ YAH, stop with that, I am clearly not so innocent like you two joke about all the time.“

„ Yeah, we saw the way you look at Luhan. There is nothing innocent about that.“

„ Yah, Yeon Hee-ah!“

„ Is everything alright with my girls?“ Mister Lee, Ji An's father suddenly appeared behind Soo Ae causing her to cough out her bubble tea in surprise.

„ Dad!“ Ji An yelled, clearly scared out of her wits thinking he heard everything they were talking about. Yeon Hee barely contained her laugh at her panicked expression before speaking in a calm voice.

„ Yes, Mister Lee, we were just talking about some girl stuff, nothing important.“ Mister Lee smiled at them knowingly before spreading his lips into a teasing smile.

„ Is it about boys? Tell me girls, does my little Picasso have a boy she likes? Or maybe a boyfriend? She has been acting quite strange lately and I am dying to know why.“ Soo Ae tilted her head to the side, acting like she was thinking about her answer before responding with a mischevious smile.

„ No, but she is working on it Mister Lee.“

„ Soo Ae! Dad, they are just kidding, don't believe anything these witches say.“ He waved his hand at her, shrugging his shoulders in a nochalant manner.

„ Whatever you say, Picasso. Dad has just come by to tell you beautiful girls dinner will be served soon. Ah, before I forget, Ji An-ah.....fighting!“ He clenched his fist at Ji An like he was cheering for her and left, his action making Soo Ae and Yeon Hee bury their heads at the tablecloth, dying of laughter.

„ Are you two insane?!!! Omo, what if dad really thinks I am in love? What if he tells mom about it?!! You two are going to pay for this!“  Ji An exclaimed while covering her face in horror, shaking her head in panic before Soo Ae pulled her down on the chair.

„ Stop being such a drama queen Ji An-ah. He said it himself, you were acting quite suspicious lately. After all, subtlety really isn't your forte. Not to mention, I am still convinced you have a senpai shrine dedicated to Lu-lu in your room somewhere.“

„ I do not! I just have a little crush on him! Why are we talking about that again?! Why are we always talking about that? Eish, you girls are purposely trying to irritate me.“

„ And there is your answer, Ji An-ah.“ Yeon Hee whispered snar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter