Chapter 22- The parents

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 So, I've been asked who Moon Ji Woon will side with. Oh, silly people. Why would he side with anyone, if he can mess with them both?

                                   ************

Give me an F. Give me an U. Give me a C. Give me a K. Give me an E. Give me a D. Give me an U. Give me a P. What does that spell? Her life right now. Because it's ed up. And she thought she couldn't be a cheerleader. Minseok looked at her again with question obvious in his eyes before he bowed at her father.

„ Nice to meet you Sir, I am Kim Minseok. Yeon Hee and I are....“

„ Colleagues.“ Yeon Hee said calmly, cutting him off. Father meet Kim Minseok, your ordinary douchebag who enjoys long walks on the beach, mocha bread and the soul outta her. Minseok glanced at her with a small amused smirk on his face.

„ Yes, we share most of our classes.“ Her father nodded and smiled at him with surprise on his face.

„ My daughter never mentioned you, though.“

„ We are acquaintances, father. We are not really hanging out with the same people.“ We weren't untill he decided to crash my life and invite his dweebs over for an old torture party with Yeon Hee as an honourable guest. I swear to God, if my life was a book, the writer would be the biggest ever. Her father smiled at her and approached Minseok, reaching his hand to him.

„ Maybe that should change soon. I apologize, I didn't even introduce myself to you. I am Moon Ji Woon, Yeon Hee's father. I am glad  to meet you.“ She heard that. A hint of amusement in her father's voice. Oh, .  Minseok smiled back at him and shook his hand.

„ I am honoured to meet you too, Sir. Yeon Hee is a very special girl, you must be very proud of her.“Seriously? What is happening here?

„ You've noticed she is special?“

„ It is impossible not to notice, Sir.“ Be still my heart.

„ I am flattered that you both noticed it, but we are kind of in a middle of dinner here, so if you could....“   off that would be awfully nice. Ta- ta jackass. Her father took Jung An's hand and led her to the table, still with that wide smile on his lips.

„ Well, you've already impressed them both Yeon Hee and taking into consideration that you and Minseok know each other, I dare say, my daughter and I would be honoured for you to join us. Isn't that right, Yeon Hee?“ She looked at his eyes, which were almost identical to hers and cursed her life. Enjoying yourself, dad, aren't you? Moon Ji Woon already figured something was off. He was curious about their reactions when they saw each other and he was using this opportunity to find out what that's all about. Sometimes dad, I wish you and I weren't so similar. Minseok widened his eyes in surprise at Yeon Hee who barely supressed the urge to jump through the nearest window. Death sounds so appealing at the moment....

„ We don't want to be a nuisance, Mister Moon.“ Minseok's mother said with a gentle smile on her lips, glancing between her son and Ji Woon.

„ Nuisance, Mrs. Kim? On the contrary, I would be honoured to have the owner of the hotel at my table. And our kids already know each other, maybe by the end of the night they will become more than just acquaintances. “ Murder victim and a suspect? Because that is how it's going to be. Moon Ji Woon, I know you created me and I love you more than anything else in my life, but I swear to God.......I will make you regret this, ahjussi. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow, challenging her to decline or accept his game, knowing that she will have a lot to explain if she declines.You want to play games with your brat? Bring it, old man.

„ I would be thrilled if they could join us, but I don't want us to intrude on mother- son time, father.“ Minseok smirked a litttle, noticing the game and deciding to play it too. Enter new player. The douche.

„ I think this is the best way to spend our mother- son time. With new friends and hopefully acquaintances turned into friends. We will be honoured, Mister Moon.“ Kim Minseok, I dream of the day you get slapped so hard, your ancestors will feel it. Yeon Hee was cringing at the situation in front of her while darling Cheonnie and his mother sat down at their table with her father pulling out a chair for his mother.  Yeon Hee's eyes were wide at the sight, the swear words stuck in as she begged for a lightning to struck her at this very spot and get her rid of the misery which was her life. So I come here to escape from you and end up meeting your very alcoholic and complicated mother while you end up meeting my very complicated and wicked father. And he was wicked. She knew her father was curious about what was happening in her life and he was sure he could find out something from the jackass. OK,relax, Yeon Hee. Get through this evening and then go kill yourself. Don't make your father even more suspicious than he already is. The waiter came to their table bowing deeply at his boss. Or his bosses.

„ What would you like to order?“ Minseok's mother smiled a little not even taking the menu he offered her.

„ Gingijuk (a/n:porridge with crabs) for me and for the vine....“ Yeon Hee rolled her eyes, seeing Minseok glaring at his mother. Woman, seriously now? Cheonnie is going to flip out and unfortunately for me now is not the time. She coughed and kicked her chair, causing Jung An to turn to her, widening her lips into an o, remembering their conversation.

„ Just a mineral water for me.“ Yeon Hee subtly nodded in approval, completely aware that Minseok turned to stare at her, his eyebrow slightly raised while he was obviously trying to think of what the hell was happening between them.

„ Bossam for me. Thank you.“ (a/n: steamed pork in vegetable) The waiter bowed so deep that he almost hit his head on the table when Yeon Hee drank a sip of her mineral water, trying to calm her nerves. We can do this. One night. An hour and you can excuse yourself and go throw yourself off the building. Fighting, Yeon Hee! She glanced at the faces of her dinner companions and noticed the amusement on her father's face, the smirk on the douchebag's face and the completely oblivious expression on his mother's face. Well isn't this fun, fun, fun! Dinner from hell!

„ So from what I've noticed, you kids were really surprised to see each other here. You didn't know that you would meet here?“ Dad, if I knew, I would be swimming to the mainland before staying here.

„ I wasn't aware this was your family hotel, but I am thrilled to see you again, Minseok.  And so soon. Sometimes it really seems you and I can't escape from each other.“ And Lord knows she tried. She glanced at him, hoping that he would understand not to do any funny business because if her father suspected anything, they will both pay. The iron price. Now is not the time for GoT, Yeon Hee.... He smiled at her so politely, she could almost be fooled if she didn't know that he was her personal death in disguise.

„ Me too, Yeon Hee. I have been hoping for some time now to get to know you outside of school.“ Oh, heeeeeeell no! You are not pulling this on me, Kim Minseok! Not in front of my father!

„ Omo! Isn't this adorable! My Cheonnie and your Yeon Hee are going to become friends.“ Adorable. ADORABLE. If there was any justice in this world, she would die right now at this very spot. Or lightning would strike at Minseok. Can't complain either way.

„ Oh, watch out Minseok, Yeon Hee is tough nut to crack.“ Her father smiled at her before winking over his glass of wine, causing Minseok and his mother to laugh while Yeon Hee politely grinned at him. We'll see who will help you with your next case, traitor.

„ I still can't grasp that your mother calls you Cheonnie. So cute. I know who will just love to know that.“ Minseok looked at her with a murderous look, knowing who she was talking about. Chen is going to have a field day with that one.

„ Who?“ His mother asked him, looking utterly confused. Now when she was, more or less sober Yeon Hee could see that eratic behaviour was still a big part of her. There was something slightly childish about her and completely opposite of her son. Maybe not completely opposite. Sometimes, like that time on the roof...she could see something childish in him too. There was also something similar in the way he puffed his cheeks when he was eating. But he must have been a lot like his father, right? The limited infomation she had about his father led her to believe that wasn't a good thing. She returned to reality when jackass answered his mother with impatience obvious in his words.

„ One of our mutual friends. I asked you not to call me like that anymore, mother.“ His mother covered with her palm, staring lovingly at her son.

„ I am sorry, Minseok. Mother just got carried away.“ Yeon Hee raised an eyebrow watching the scene play out in front of her. Minseok was obviously not too thrilled to be with his mother, but he still came to see her. While she....she was practically beaming of happiness now, staring at him like he was the last drop of water in a desert. I would give anything to know what exactly happened  between them. No, Yeon Hee, Jesus, nosy pants,do you really need to get any more involved in this? No. Minseok suddenly turned to her father .

„ If you don't mind me asking Mister Moon, where is Yeon Hee's mother?“ Her father gave her a questioning look which she ignored, shrugging her shoulders. Of course he didn't know. Nobody knew except her best friends.

„ I see my daughter didn't tell you. My wife is...no longer with us.“ Minseok turned to her, furrowing his eyebrows, like he was surprised and then his expression changed to something more...unreadable.

„ I am sorry for asking you so bluntly. I should have been more considerate.“ He mumbled an apology to her father, slightly bowing his head. Her father smiled a little.

„ No need to apologize, you didn't know. My daughter is after all very withdrawn when it comes to those things.“ His mother suddenly gripped her hand, compassion obvious in her eyes.

„ That is why you said that in the sauna? That is sometimes worse not having a mother at all?“ Ok, we are moving away from this subject. We are not talking about my mom now. And not in front of him. Yeon Hee quickly nodded, eating her tuna.

„ So how did you two meet?“ Her father asked, noticing how uncomfortable Yeon Hee was talking about her mother. Not the time, nor the place and especially not the people. His mother gave her hand one quick squize before turning to her father.

„ We met at the spa today. Your daughter....was very sweet to me. She listened to me and she gave some very good advice.“ Lady, if I knew who you were talking about, I would be out of that room in a flash, if needed be. Your Cheonnie is my own personal tormenter. Cheonnie. As in Cheonsa which means angel. Yeah, Kim Minseok is an angel. An angel of her own personal misery. Minseok glanced between them both, his lips open in slight surprise when he asked his next question.

„ Advice about what exactly?“ His mother pressed her lips a little and Yeon Hee answered instead of her.

„ Girl things. You wouldn't know about it.“ His mother turned to her, her brown eyes silently thanking her while Yeon Hee took a bite of her tuna. Take that, Cheonnie. Her father smiled slyly before he turned to Minseok, finally getting to his point.

„ So how is my daughter at school, Minseok? Is she harassing people around like she does at home?“ Yeon Hee gripped the tablecloth, trying to act like she was calm. The waiter returned with Jung An's water and reassured them dinner would come soon as Yeon Hee glared at her father. Dad. Stop. Please. You two don't need to converse at all. Just...silence. Silence is good.

„ She is the star student of our school, known as one of the most brilliant students the school has ever had. She is....admired by everyone.“ Admired, bothered, locked in a bathroom, forcefully kissed, irritated constantly, harassed by multiple people on multiple occasions....especially the douche. Oh, yeah school is heaven on Earth. His mother pouted like a child before drinking from her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter