Chapter 20- The contract

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

„ I think I am going to go copper this time.“ Soo Ae said while twirling a lock of her hair around her finger, sitting on a bench next to Yeon Hee and Ji An who nodded in approval and gave her thumbs up.

„ I think it would suit you. What do you think Yeon Hee?“ Yeon Hee just took a bite of her sandwich and shrugged her shoulders.

„ I guess so. Are you already bored of being a redhead?“ Soo Ae smiled smugly at her before answering in a amused voice.

„ It's already been two months..... and you know I get bored easily.“

„ Chen has it coming to him then.“ Yeon Hee quipped back while laughing, causing Soo Ae to start laughing as well. Ji An just rolled her eyes at her best friends and drank her soda in an annoyed silence.

„ Yah! Why are you ignoring me here?!“ The girls looked ahead and simultaneously sighed at the sight of Min Woo who was walking nervously in front of them for the last 10 minutes of their lunch break, cursing one moment and asking random questions the next, saying he was going to go „rough“ on the dweebs and that he is going to break anybody who approaches „his girls.“ They've been ignoring him for 5 minutes now, sitting at the benches in the rest area near the fountain where Yeon Hee had that murderous outburst 10 days ago, eating sandwiches and rolling their eyes at Min Woo who obviously had a lot to say about the current situation they were in.

„ And they are always around you! I can't even watch it anymore, I am totally calling my boys to have a chat with them, I swear to God...“

„ Min Woo, please shut up...." Soo Ae said, still twirling her hair, obviously fed up with their friend. Yeon Hee narrowed her eyes at him when she arrogantly responded.

„ If I wanted to deal with it with physical violence, I would do it myself. I don't need your help in that area.“ He raised his arms in the air, despair obvious on his face as he raised his voice in frustration.

„ Can somebody please just ing tell me what the hell is actually going on here?!“

„ Min Woo, you are being a pain in the . Stop worrying, we're fine.“ Soo Ae casually said, taking the soda from Yeon Hee's hands.

„ You are telling me not to worry?! I am the only guy in this group, I have to worry about you!“

„ Actually our group is called the coven. Witches is our name...“

„ And being es is our game.“ Soo Ae finished Yeon Hee's poem and they bumped their fists, proudly smiling at each other when Ji An burst their bubble, shrugging her shoulders at them.

„ 4 out of 10, you two had better rhymes before.“

„ Damn it.“ Yeon Hee pouted at the grade they got from the pixie while Soo Ae just shook her head in disappointment, looking distraught at the news.

„ Oh, God I am losing my mind with you three! Will you just tell me what I need to do to help you?! Soo Ae has been on my the last two weeks, telling me not to meddle, because it's your business Yeon Hee but now they are around you all the time, having lunches, chatting and I know Chen is putting his moves on you, Soo Ae and Luhan is well....we all know what's up with him.“

„ What's up with Luhan?“ Ji An asked, looking at Min Woo with confusion on her face causing everybody to roll their eyes in return.

„ Doesn't matter now.“ Yeon Hee muttered before getting up and leaving her sandwich on the bench.

„ Min Woo, the drama queen in our group is Ji An, not you.“

„ Hear, hear.“ Soo Ae confirmed behind her causing Ji An to hiss at them both.

„ Hey!“ Min Woo took a deep breath, clasping his hands together like he was begging for patience from the universe.

„ I've been left out for days now and I respected your wish to keep me out and handle it on your own Yeon Hee-ah but that mess on Friday....You scared the out of me.  And now, all of a sudden you and those morons are acting like you are besties, sitting together and what not.“

„ We are not besties and don't even ing insult me with that notion. We agreed to be under a truce, Min Woo. Unfortunately that means I need to keep my eye on him. Don't read into something that's not real, OK?“ She responded sternly, hearing Soo Ae and Ji An get up from the bench as well. Min Woo rolled his eyes at her, frustration obvious on his face.

„ But when does it end, Yeon Hee?“

„ Next week. Next Friday I will finally get rid of the Prince of douchebags.“ Yeon Hee said in a low voice with a determined expression on her face.

„ God, I hope not, I am betting on him.“ Soo Ae mumbled under her breath before laughing at Yeon Hee's shocked expression.

„ You are what now?!“

„ You didn't actually think you two were going to be the only ones to bet on this? Please, we all put some serious money on you two.“

„ You bet that he  is going to win?! You hoe!“  Traitor. Yeon Hee pulled her hair, causing Soo Ae to run away and hide behind Min Woo, looking over his shoulder when she responded with a mischevious wink.

„ What can I say, he is pretty damn convincing.“ Ji An covered her eyes for a second, losing her patience while Yeon Hee chased Soo Ae around. She finally turned to Min Woo with a gentle smile on her lips.

„ Oppa, stop worrying so much. We can handle them, OK? They are not so bad after all. Come sit with us sometimes and you'll see.“ Ji An finished speaking, slightly using her aegyo. She was the only one who called him oppa on special occasions, unlike Soo Ae who called him idiot all the time and Yeon Hee who wouldn't call anybody oppa if her life depended on it. Except her using the title on Kim Minseok the day she got him arrested. Bad memories. Bad. Don't want to  go there again. Soo Ae finally stopped running from Yeon Hee and jumped on Min Woo's back, wrapping her arms around his neck so she wouldn't fall.

„ Yah, you idiot. Stop worrying, you are ing annoying us. Even more than usual.“ Min Woo pouted, obviously unhappy with their explanations. He secured Soo Ae's hand on his neck and thought about their words. Soo Ae leaned her head on his back, allowing him the time to accept it the situation. They always had a special bond, growing up together, being childhood sweethearts and their bond grew stronger as they grew up. Actually, it was so strong that when Soo Ae and Yeon Hee became friends as kids, he arrived in the same package as Soo Ae and when they met Ji An the group was finally complete. Even when Min Woo started hanging out with his guy friends he was always around them, proclaiming them his girls and he was obviously worried sick because of everything that happened. Yeon Hee approached him and kissed his cheek before placing her head on his shoulder while Ji An just hugged him from the front.

„ We are still your girls, Min Woo.“ Yeon Hee muttered silently. He smiled at them, his anger and despair obviously melting because of the affection the girls were showing him.

„ That doesn't mean I am not going to keep my eyes on you. And I will have my boys on stand by.“

„ Well, we have another idiot on our back. Awesome. “ Soo Ae sighed while pulling Min Woo's hair, causing him to yell in pain. The idiots she was referring to were currently looking through the window on second floor, staring at the situation in the rest area with dissatisfaction oozing out of them.

„ Is that dude a wizard or what? How the does he get them to act that way?!“ Chen asked with frown on his face. Luhan pouted next to him, creeping through the window as well.

„ Why are they all so close?“ Minseok shrugged his shoulders as he responded, his eyes glued to the people near the fountain.

„ He has been with Soo Ae ever since we were children.“

„ Nice. So that's why they gave us the cold shoulder in the cafeteria. So that they can go hang out with that dude?“ Chen hissed, crossing his arms on his chest in annoyance.

„ Wow, hyungs, jealousy much?“ Tao muttered at them while giggling.  Luhan  forcefully slapped his back causing him to whine in return.

„ Shut up, Panda.“

 

********************************

„ Are we really doing this?“ Soo Ae asked on the top of the stairs, looking down at Yeon Hee and Ji An who were behind her, climbing to the third floor. They stopped at the top of the stairs where Yeon Hee cracked her knuckles and her neck in preparation.

„ It's now or never.“ Ji An nodded and dragged Soo Ae towards the playroom while Yeon Hee followed behind them, having her arms crossed on her chest as she walked slowly. I have to do this. I have to set boundaries for him, because God knows what he is going to improvise in this truce. Just one more week of this crap and we are done.  And not a moment too soon. She noticed a tall guy leaving the bathroom at the very end of the hallway when they approached the door to the playroom and she tugged on Soo Ae's shirt, whispering in her ear.

„ Go in first and make sure they don't leave anywhere. I'll be in soon enough.“ Soo Ae raised her eyebrow and glanced at the end of the hallway seeing Kris approaching them.

„ Will do.“  She answered nonchalantly before opening the door with a Surprise dweebs, dragging Ji An with her and closing the door with a bang after them. Yeon Hee leaned on the wall next to the door and watched as Kris approached her, clearly surprised to see her there. She has to take care of her loose ends before they bite her in the . She snickered a little seeing him trip over nothing and almost falling face down on the floor. And there was a time she thought he was a cool cold guy. Kris was actually a giant dork and it took her only two days to figure that out. Jesus, the dweebs were all....different than what Yeon Hee originally thought. It made her feel a little uneasy when she realized she might have misjudged them. He stopped in front of her, holding a bottle of water in his hands as he raised his eyebrow at her.

„ I thought you girls left school already. Or did you stay here waiting for me?“ He looked at her with a half seductive face, almost making Yeon Hee cry and laugh at the same time. Fail, Yifan. Such a fail.

„ Yeah, totally. Listen, Kris, I need to take care of some administrative business with your douchebag of a friend but taking into consideration this will be over soon enough I felt like I needed to do something before that.“ OK, Yeon Hee, apologize. It's not so hard. Swallow your pride for a second and just apologize to the dork. He leaned on the door next to her and opened his bottle. He drank a sip of his water, trying to talk over it like a cool suave guy, accidentally managing to choke on his words.

„ Confess your undying attraction to....m-m...oh, God, my throat.“ Yeon Hee rolled her eyes and stood on the tip of her toes, patting his back violently to help him cough out his lungs.

„ There, there, Yifan, I promise I'll teach you how to properly use a bottle later. Just don't choke right in front of me or your friend might think I killed you.“ He barely calmed down, his eyes being a little teary causing Yeon Hee to giggle on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter