Chapter 40- One down

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You got way too comfortable with MinHee and you seem to forgot who they actually were.

I warned you.

You can't say I didn't.

********************************

Minseok's POV

 

ing finally.

He was frozen at the spot, unable to move, unable to breathe, unable to think. His eyes were wide open, staring at her as she pressed her lips on his. He was paralyzed and shocked and overwhelmed with her scent which flooded his senses and the taste of strawberries which lingered on her lips. He didn't know what made her do this, what in the world made Yeon Hee kiss him. But, oh God thank you anyway. Her eyes suddenly flung open and she looked at disbelief at what was happening and he knew she was going to jump away in a moment screaming...so he did what he wasn't supposed to. He couldn't supress the urge to touch her anymore and he knew he wasn't going to get another chance like this. His fingers raised from the ground, gently brushing her cheek and his thumb rubbed circles in her soft skin, wanting to savor the memory, to remember how it felt when she pulls away claiming it was a misunderstanding or a mistake. He saw the shock in her eyes at his action but then they fluttered and closed again as she leaned in, parting her lips a little. yes. This time he took the chance and lightly tugged on her lip, making her open her lips in surprise which he used to finally feel her the way he dreamed for so long, the way he yearned for in those moments between sleep and reality when the walls around his mind would crumble and he would allow himself to think of her.

She tasted so sweet, God... She shuffled closer and wrapped her arms around his neck and he felt something in his chest, something he clinged on to so much, something he hid from everyone, something that would react only around her collapse, leaving him....defenseless. He was defenseless before her. His fingers finally reached her back but then he moved them up and did what he wanted to do so many times before. He released the ponytail she always wore and ran his fingers through the soft dark hair and her scent was now absolutely everywhere and he wanted to bury his head in it, in the crook of her neck, kiss her pale skin there but he didn't want to leave the sweetness which was her lips. He pulled her in closer, wanting to drink it all in. A thought suddenly hit him as he realized she kissed like she was never kissed before, all soft and hesitant. She was inexperienced. She didn't know how to kiss. She then pulled his hair and started imitating his motions, doing the same thing he did to her and he couldn't help to think that she was right when she said she was a fast learner. He smiled against her lips when they finally reached the balance and moved their lips in unison, like it was something they did so many times before, like it was the only thing they had to do for the rest of their lives.

God, you are beautiful. Every touch of her lips, every taste of the strawberry flavor, every hint of vanilla in the air, every time her fingers brushed his skin...he felt like she was pounding on the door of his heart, demanding entrance and he couldn't even deny her.

You make my mind go blank.

You make my body ache.

You make my heart jump.

You make my soul yearn.

You make me feel.....alive. The words were stuck in his mind, rushing through his body when she finally opened her eyes and looked straight at his and he could swear he could see the reflection of his thoughts in her eyes, like she could hear them, like she could say them back. But then she finally unwrapped her arms from his neck and backed away without a word. She stumbled up in silence, grabbing the scrunchie of the floor, proceeding to tie her hair again, turning her back to him so he couldn't see her face. He stood up, still feeling her taste on his lips, still feeling her warmth on his skin. It changed. He could feel it in the air. Everything changed. It was never going to be the same again. She finally tied her hair and smoothed out her clothes which he messed up a little, still not turning around to face him. He expected her to scream what did we do, to run away, to make a scene, to blush, to make it look like it was his fault but she was just silently breathing in front of him. She finally turned around and touched her lips with her index finger, looking at him with a nonchalant look on her face. This...this was not good.

„ So, that's how it feels to steal a kiss...I see what's fun about it now. I see why you did it to me.“ He felt the shock go through his body as he stared at the smug look on her face.

„ You didn't really think I forgot?“ Steal a kiss? She crossed her arms, still with that God awful smug smile on her lips.

„ So silent, your Majesty. You didn't expect it? Did you really think I would forget that you stole my first kiss? Did you really think I would just let it slide?“ What is she trying to pull here?There was nothing stolen about that kiss just now! The way she leaned in, she felt it...she must have felt it. She laughed a little, sounding a little amused.

„ I must say even if it did start as payback...I finally understand why girls throw themselves at you. Those are some skills you got there. As you obviously noticed, I don't have experience with that kind of thing. But I do appreciate the lesson you just gave me. It was...entertaining if nothing.“ He knew she was an amazing actress but this...can she be that good? A payback?! A lesson?! She raised her eyebrow at his silence.

„ My, my your Majesty don't tell me you're angry. After all, I just did what you do to girls all the time. How does it feel to be the one who was used for a change?“ WHAT?! He couldn't make sense of anything that was happening now, anything she was saying to him. It meant nothing to her? It was practice?! She used him...no, no, that's a lie, it must be a lie, nobody could fake that passion, not even she was that good. She couldn't be that good. Right? He felt the anger and frustration breaking through the fog in his mind, making his mind go wild.

„ I am the one who uses people? I am nowhere close to you in that department, now am I?" Yeon Hee pursed her lips, a shadow passing her face for a quick moment but before she could say anything Minseok scoffed and continued talking.

" I didn't even think you were that appaled by the kiss I stole from you considering you went on to kiss Kris, voluntarily, not even two days later. Was that for practice too? Were you gathering your experience points with him as well? Or did you just really want to kiss him?" Wait, why is this coming out now, why am I even asking something....I don't want answered. No. NO. I can't handle this. I can't think clearly... He saw the coldness on her face finally cracking when she frowned in confusion.

 „What the are you saying? I never kissed anyone. What's wrong with you?“ He clenched his fist feeling the fury ravaging through him at her denial and he could feel the jealousy that troubled him for months finally breaking through the lock he put on it, showing it's ugly head.. How can you lie? Why are you lying to me?

„ I was there! How can you say you didn't kiss him when I saw it with my own two eyes?!“ How the hell this conversation turned into this after they kissed, after she told him she used him....that was beyond him. He just knew the pain in his chest grew worse at the thought she kissed Kris because she wanted it, not because she was using him. She took a deep breath before pointing her finger at him, furrowing her eyebrows.

„ Wait...you...you think I kissed him two months ago?! I was sure he told you what happened!“

„ Tell me what?!“ She spread her arms like she was explaining something to a small ignorant child.

„ I never kissed Yifan. My lips never touched his. I stumbled and kissed him on the chin. It only sounded like I kissed him for real. I never kissed anyone...except you.“ Something flickered across her face at those words but before he could make sure he actually saw it, it disappeared and her face was blank again, her eyes completely unreadable.She crossed her arms with an eerily empty expression on her face.

„ And I only kissed you to set the record straight.“

„ I never kissed Yifan.“

He felt the whirlwind in his mind take over, the hurt he felt when she dismissed what happened so easily shift into anger, into hot fury....

„ I was sure he told you...“

„ Tell us, how are you feeling, being kissed by a creature from hell?“

„ My lips never touched his...“

„ You can ask me that after the second one. This one was a little too short for my liking.“

 Lies. He played him. She never kissed him and Kris never bothered to tell him that. Minseok was losing his mind seeing them together, thinking she must be in some way interested in him if she chose Kris out of all of them to kiss. But she never did.

I AM GOING TO KILL HIM.

„ But why does it matter if I kissed Yifan?  Not that would ever happen, God, but why is it so important?“ He shook his head and turned his back to her, hearing her curse behind him.

„ YAH! What the hell is wrong with you?“ She was rushing after him, following him into the woods.

„ Why does it matter?! Tell me, why is that important to you who I kissed or didn't kiss?!“ All of a sudden they both heard noise coming from their right and the voice of their teacher was heard in the tense silence which fell between them.

„ I know you miss your sugarplum, jagiya.....“  M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter