Chapter 6-Surprise encounters and cameos

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yeon Hee  was currently standing in front of the school with a cup of her favourite morning coffee in her hands, listening  to the loudest music on her Ipod, trying to pump herself up for entering the devil's lair. The opening from Attack on Titan served it's purpose, making her heart beat faster, making her feel like she could take on the world itself and not just one giant . It was going to be fine.The winter sun was shining bright, the angry German words echoed in her head and she had a cup of scorching hot coffee which could be used to cause third degree burns on a certain douchebag, if needed be. She is ready for what ever bull that tries to pull on her today.

„ Yeon Hee-ah! Wait up!“ Yeon Hee barely heard Ji An's voice through the now, very angry Japanese, and turned around, taking her headphones off while allowing Ji An and Soo Ae the time to catch up to her.

„ Holy , she really is alive! And here I thought you were lying to me Ji An.“ Soo Ae smirked at Yeon Hee, who readjusted the cup in her hand subtly, trying to hide her knuckles from her friends. Soo Ae winked at her, continuing to talk with that same smirk on her face.

„That's a relief because sadly, all off my black clothes are being washed and I wouldn't have anything to wear to your funeral.“ 

„ We could just have taken Yeon Hee's clothes then, God knows that her entire wardrobe is black. Just like her soul.“ Ji An answered while shrugging her shoulders  which were covered with a scarf in the colours of their school. Soo Ae accompanied her carrying little flags with the same colours on them. Yeon Hee looked around and saw that almost everyone else in the school had something in the colours of her school, the colours of their sport teams. The game was today. She totally forgot about it, which says a lot taking into consideration Ji An hadn't stopped talking about it for a week. You are such an idiot Yeon Hee..... Wait, if the game is today that means the soccer team has a pass for not coming to classes today, right?

„  I am not even in the grave yet and you are already stealing my stuff? I am beyond offended.“ She shook her finger at them in acted out disappointment. Soo Ae shrugged her shoulders, pouting her lips in innocence when she responded.

„ It's not like you are going to use it anymore.“  Yeon Hee rolled her eyes and turned around, continuing to walk towards the school when she heard Soo Ae's voice laced with michief behind her.

„ I see you are not wearing the magnificent colours of our majestic soccer team, Yeon Hee-ah." 

„ And I see you are. Did Ji An finally rope you in?“ Soo Ae sighed dramatically behind her, grabbing Ji An's arm before catching up to Yeon Hee again.

„ She was crying and begging and pleading...“ Ji An frowned at Soo Ae, flicking her forehead in the process.

„   Excuse me....that's not how it went. I just had to buy you bubble tea." Yeon Hee raised her eyebrow in disbelief at Soo Ae who shrugged her shoulders in response.

„  What? I just really, really like bubble tea.“  She exclaimed while entering the school first with Ji An and Yeon Hee following close behind. Yeon Hee crossed her arms, looking sternly at both of her best friends.

„ You are so easily bought, Soo Ae, it's embarrassing. And you Ji An-ah, I thought you didn't want to go with anybody else because nobody else knew why you really wanted to go. What's up with that? “ Ji An frowned, curving her lips into a small pout as she walked in front of them.

„ Soo Ae told me she knew I wanted to see Luhan play today. I guess she somehow figured it out on her own....I don't know how, I thought I was being subtle about it." Yeon Hee and Soo Ae shared a look and laughed without a sound, facepalming themselves when they continued to walk behind her.

„ Min Woo is also going. Actually..... I think everybody is going to the game. Well, everybody except you.“ Soo Ae said snarkily, glancing back at Yeon Hee who just shrugged her shoulders, winking at them playfully before going to her locker.

„ Well, I did always enjoy being special.“ She didn't see the look her friends exchanged behind her back when she responded, but she knew what was coming either way. They will ask. And she will have to respond. She made sure her slightly red knuckles which were irritated from the punch she threw at him yesterday were out of their sight because that would cause many more questions she didn't want to answer.

„ So what happened? Did you two talk at all?“ Soo Aee asked silently, trying to sound like she didn't really care for the answer. Ah, yeah, my fist did  most of the talking. Wow, that line was straight from a horrible eighties movie. Focus, Yeon Hee, focus.

„ Like I don't have anything else to do with my life than talk to that .“ She responded while taking out her books from the locker, not looking back at them.

„ Well, are you two done? Is he going to leave you alone?" Ji An asked, hope obvious in her voice when she did. Only when I kill him. Yeon Hee shrugged her shoulders, looking over the books she took out, trying to find the ones she needed for classes that day.

„ I don't know and I don't care.“

„ Well.... we won't know until Monday anyway. The boys are excused from classes today because it's the semi finals. They will only come for their final practice and then go straight to the game. So you won't see him today at all.“ The rush of relief that went through Yeon Hee's body was embarrassing. Like really embarrassing. She looked up from her books and glanced back at Ji An with a raised eyebrow.

„ I am so creeped out that you know all that, I am thinking  of changing my number.“

„ Everybody in this school knows that, Yeon Hee, except you.“ Ji An responded with a frown on her face, brushing her bangs from her forehead.

„ Maybe because I think about more important stuff than a bunch of guys chasing a god damn ball on a field for 90 minutes.“ Yeon Hee responded, irritation obvious on her face.

„ Yeah, important stuff like thinking of new ways for making people cry.“

„ It keeps me busy what can I say....“ Yeon Hee finally closed the door of her locker and turned around to face her friends. Soo Ae was currently chewing on the end of her flag, looking at her with pleading eyes.

„ So you are really not going with us? Come on, demon, we can laugh at Ji An drooling over Luhan. Please, Yeon Hee, you are the only one who can make us pee our pants with your cruel, but strangely enough, very entertaining jokes.“

„ Yeah, Ji An is definitely going to get noticed by Luhan if she pees her pants.“

" Can we just stop talking about me peeing my pants?!" Ji An hissed at them, looking around to see if anybody heard them. Soo Ae waved her hand nonchalantly at Ji An before pointing at Yeon Hee.

„  Another reason for you to come is that they are playing the game here, so even your lazy doesn't have to waste much energy going there.  Not to mention, I heard from Mi Nah whose cousin goes to their school that the boys from the other team are drop dead gorgeous. Like seriously gorgeous.“ Yeah, because I hadn't had my hands full with handsome idiots already. Or, idiots who think they are handsome. That's what she meant.....

„ Thank you, but no thank you. My lazy is going home to sleep.“ Yeon Hee said, putting the books in her backpack.

„ OK......can we just have the rest of you then?

„ I am sorry, my and I can't go anywhere without each other. It seems your pants will have to stay dry today."

 „ So you are just going to go home and sleep? You remind me of my grandmother.“ Soo Ae said with dissatisfaction obvious on her face.

„ Is she as devilishly charming as me?“ Yeon Hee said, wiggling her eyebrows at her playfully making Soo Ae roll her eyes in annoyance before she turned around and went to the classroom, dragging Ji An with her. Yeon Hee glanced over the other kids in the hallway who were staring at her like they were surprised she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter