Chapter 15- Ashes

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

„ Is this seriously happening?“ Yeon Hee stopped in front of her locker, looking at it with raised eyebrows while Soo Ae laughed her off at the sight. Ji An covered in shock staring at the same thing over Yeon Hee's shoulder.

„ Omo!“

„ He practicaly unleashes them on me and this is the best they could do? You've gotta be kidding me.“ She shook her head in disappointment while looking at the masterpiece on her locker. The masterpiece was the word  written on it with big black letters. Oh, God so original. Just what she wanted to deal with today.

„ Why always my poor locker? Why? Just leave it be for 's sake!“ Soo Ae patted her shoulder, trying to cheer her up with her next words.

„ Well, at least you can never lose it out of your sight again.“ Yeon Hee shrugged her shoulders at Soo Ae before turning to Ji An.

„ Ji An-ah, you have a felt pen, don't you?“ Ji An frowned in confusion while looking at her.

„ Yeah....so?“

„ Can I please have it?“  Yeon Hee said sweetly, reaching her hand out to her. Ji An dug up the felt pen from her bag with an dissatisfied expression on her face and gave it to her. Yeon Hee proceeded to crouch in front of the locker, leaning forward to write on it. Ji An and Soo Ae got closer to her, staring at her improvement of the masterpiece the fangirls have bestowed upon her.

„ Listen to me. The girl who did this is still here. She is waiting for my reaction.“ Yeon Hee said, still writing on the locker making Soo Ae glance around with a raised eyebrow.

„ Yeon Hee, there are around 20 girls waiting for your reaction here.“ Yeon Hee didn't even look up at her when she responded in an indifferent voice.

„ And some of them saw who did it. Now, be subtle about this, OK? Watch them carefully and they will glance between the girl who did this and me. If more people look at one girl in particular.... she is the one.“

„ Holy are you Sherlock Holmes? How the do you know that?“  Soo Ae hissed at her making Yeon Hee shrug in return before she responded in an exasperated tone of voice.

„ Will you just do it?“ Soo Ae sighed, leaning on the locker next to Yeon Hee's, crossing her arms on her chest and glancing around like she was bored out of her mind and was currently looking for something to entertain her. Ji An, on the other hand, was being slightly less subtle as she nervously watched the people around them.

„ Well, Sherlock it could be that girl over there...... wait no she is looking at the bathroom. That one just looked at three different people so it can't be her either....“

„ Soo Ae.“ Ji An whispered, subtly nodding to their left before she continued to speak in a hushed tone.

„ A couple of people looked at her.“ Soo Ae raised her eyebrows in return, acting like she was looking at her fingernails but actually looking at the girl Ji An pointed out.

„ One, two....three people looked at her. We have a winner, Yeon Hee-ah. The lucky winner is Jo Yang Sun, a third year student who is in the music program together with Yixing and Chen the troll. I am not really surprised it's her taking into consideration she has a book with Minseok's picture glued on every page. I saw it once, it was some super creepy .“ Yeon Hee rolled her eyes at Soo Ae's comment before finally getting up and looking at her own masterpiece with a small smile on her lips.

„ You bet? All that writing just for that?“  Soo Ae scoffed while looking at her locker. Yeon Hee gripped her chest, acting like she was offended by her comment.

„ Hey, I even drew a heart.“

„ Oh, please.....“  Soo Ae muttered in her chin when Yeon Hee opened her locker just to make sure there was nothing strange in it. She hadn't put anything in it ever since the jackass broke in, as a matter of fact she didn't even open it until now. Which was the reason that Minseok's face was still there, staring at her from that cursed photograph. The smell of the decomposing rose was strong, making Yeon scrunch up her nose in disgust. I should really get that out.

„ That is really lazy, even for you Yeon Hee. Or do you like looking at his face?“ Soo Ae asked with a teasing smile on her lips, wiggling her eyebrows at Yeon Hee who smiled sweetly in return.

„ If only I could get a picture of his face while he was being arrested...but alas, I will have to settle for this one.“ She closed the door with a bang before glancing at the girl who so kindly took it upon herself to decorate her locker.

„ That's her? She looks familiar.“

„ Oh, I bet she does, she's been staring at you for days now, thinking of ways to burn you alive because you were messing with her oppa.“ Soo Ae answered in a mocking tone while winking at Yeon Hee.

„ And then she goes and settles for ? How...disappointing.“ Yeon Hee responded nonchalantly with a smirk on her face.

„ So, how do you plan to deal with this?“ Ji An asked with wide eyes, staring at Yeon Hee's face with a worried expression. Yeon Hee smiled in return before casually shrugging her shoulders. She wasn't exactly in the mood to deal with it right now, but hey, why the hell not?

„ The Yeon Hee way, of course.“  She said arrogantly before turning around and walking to the left hallway where Yang Sun and her friends were standing. She noticed from the corner of her eye the girl backed away a little closer to the wall when she saw Yeon Hee coming her way. Yeon Hee passed right next to them like she didn't notice their presence before she suddenly snapped her fingers in the air like she forgot something, turning back to look at the girl with a polite smile on her lips.

„ Oh, Yang Sun-ah, thank you for reminding me of who I am. I hope you will never forget it either. I would just.... hate to need to remind you.“ Yang Sun widened her eyes in fear, her face turning as white as the wall behind her. Yeon Hee smiled like an angel before winking mischeviously and slowly walking away.

 

**********************************

 

 Yeon Hee wasn't upset. Not at all. She was just kicking the vending machine out of pure fun.

„ For hell's sake, give me my chocolate caramel candy bar, you piece of !“ She kicked it one last time and finally got her candy, already feeling the light sweat appearing on her upper lip from the exhaustion. She bent over and picked up the candy, ignoring the glances some people were giving her behind her back. Most of her colleagues were at lunch, just like Soo Ae and Ji An. Yeon Hee on the other hand took one look at the menu and literally felt her stomach turning so she went for her favourite candy instead. Yeon Hee violently opened her candy bar, feeling hot all of sudden. She was almost sure she got herself sick wandering around in the rain yesterday waiting for that jackass to finally get released. She wasn't worried about him of course, but why the were they keeping him for that long in there? She was even more irritated after that son of a of his lawyer almost spilled her coffee. And like that wasn't enough after she had the distinctive displeasure to see him leave and she finally returned home, she had another surprise. The red fairy, as Ji An poetically called it, came in an early visit yesterday night causing her to be even more stressed and in dire need of candy.

So today she wasn't exactly as calm as usual and the situation was made worse with the mere fact the jackass didn't come to school yet... if he was going to come at all. People were going around saying that he was still in prison, stupid es. Like his sweetheart of a father or mother would ever leave their little bundle of joy in prison. She hadn't regretted getting him arrested at all and she hoped she caused him a lot of trouble but not knowing what actually happened was quite unnerving. What if her plan didn't work like she thought it would? Did she forget about something? She bit her candy feeling her lower region starting to hurt again, feeling like a rusty knife was cutting her. Oh, the joys of being a woman. Celebrate mother nature Yeon Hee, look at her gifts. She glanced at the entrance of the cafeteria, a deep frown appearing on her face when she thought about returning in there, listening to people gossip, looking at the food which made her feel sick. Oh God, no.....She is not ready to be in human company yet. She shook her head at that thought, going to the same bathroom where she dragged Soo Ae and Ji An on Monday, opening the door before sighing in relief seeing it was empty. 

She closed it carefully behind her before approaching the mirror, tripping over a misplaced mop on her way there, barelly grabing the sink to keep her balance. She sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror, enjoying the view in front of her. Interesting winter look, Yeon Hee, death chic I presume? She looked like a ing vampire and not the pretty sparkling kind. Her face was completely pale, her brown eyes looked enormous on her tired face and the lovely bags under her eyes seemed to reach to her chin. She frowned at herself while bitting another piece of her chocolate, rubbing her temples in annoyance with herself. God, how much candy she was eating lately...she should turn into into a barrel and roll around the school. God....she was already starting to go crazy with her thoughts. She heard footsteps and voices outside as people approached the bathroom and she rolled her eyes in irritation before glancing back at the stall. Let's just wait a couple of minutes in the stall until they leave so she can make sure she doesn't look like she out souls of the innocent for a living. Just a couple of minutes, Yeon Hee. You can do it. She rushed to the stall closing the door behind her before putting the toilet seat lid down and sitting on it. She closed her eyes trying not to think about the small space she was in, trying to think happy thoughts instead. She finally heard the intruders come in and sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter