Chapter 14- Storytime

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„ You didn't!“ Minseok rolled his eyes at the gasping that just happened in the police station, continuing to eat his dumplings, being completely unfazed by the reaction he had caused. He shrugged his shoulders before speaking in a nonchalant voice.

„ I didn't think it through.“ The first officer, the one who arrested him looked at him while disapprovingly shaking his head before continuing to attack his squid with his chopsticks. The whole staff of the small police station was currently in the main room, sitting everywhere around him while listening to Minseok's story. He wasn't exactly sure when he went from a criminal to a storyteller, but half an hour ago when it was discovered that everything she had planted on him was fake and someone ordered Chinese food, he had no other choice than to start talking. He thought it would be nice if people heard how much he had suffered because of the demon girl. But....apparently not.

„ Well, obviously you didn't kid.“ The tall officer Lee continued to chew on his squid, looking at him with narrowed eyes, All of a sudden a large muscled man covered in tattoos who was sitting in the corner of the room, currently being fed by the young officer that handcuffed Minseok, scoffed at Minseok's words.

„ You don't kiss a young lady by force, kid.“ Minseok pointed at him while frowning in disbelief at his comment.

„ Yah, now you judge me too Bong Gu ahjussi? You are sitting here in handcuffs being fed by officer Jae Ha!“ Bong Gu ahjussi shrugged his shoulders, eating the duck the youngest officer was feeding him.

„ I am just saying that I would slap the rich of you if I were her, kid. Plus, you were in handcuffs too an hour ago, so you shouldn't act so high and mighty right now.“ Minseok rolled his eyes in response while stabbing the dumplings with his chopsticks, sporting an annoyed epression on his face.

„ Well, I have to disappoint you ahjussi, she didn't slap me. She punched me and she did it quite nicely, might I add.“ Everybody in the  police station whistled in a awe before laughing in approval.

„ Nice.“ Officer Jae Ha said, barely managing to clap his hands while holding the chopsticks and the container of Chinese food. Minseok looked at the dozen cops surrounding him before glancing at Bong Gu ahjussi who was currently in custody for an assault, who all found it necessary to give Minseok advice on how to deal with people. They were on her side. He was being held in the police station after she got him arrested, after he lost 10 years of his life from shock and they were all cheering for her. What the was happening here?

„ Whose side are you on here? She got me arrested planting tea ingredients in the joints and pills for headaches, for hell's sake! I think I should be getting some sympathy here.“ The officers glanced at each other with raised eyebrows before continuing to eat their food, most of them supressing the urge to laugh.

„ It's hell of a good tea, kid. Boss, you want more chammomile?“ The second officer who was at the scene, officer Soung Youn, lifted the teapot staring at the senior officer Lee with a questioning expression on his face. Officer Lee looked at the cup in front of him before shaking his head in refusal.

„ No, thank you, I still have my lemon grass tea. But maybe you should give some to Minseok, he seems to be a little agitated at the moment.“ Minseok scoffed at the senior officer before rolling his eyes, responding in a sarcastic tone of voice.

„ No, thank you, officer Lee I am perfectly fine over here. I was just wondering how a girl who obviously retaliated for that damn kiss gets more sympathy than a boy who was arrested in front of the whole school, by you guys nonetheless. And you weren't exactly gentle with those handcuffs, officer Jae Ha.“ He narrowed his eyes at the young officer who slightly blushed in response before shrugging his shoulders.

„ You were resisting arrest, Minseok-ah, what was I supposed to do?!“

„  What if that was her first kiss? Girls think of their first kiss as something very important and if it was her first....no wonder she is so angry at you.“ Minseok almost choked on his dumpling thinking about that possibility, something that hadn't crossed his mind until then. Is it really possible that was her first kiss? Holy hell, what if it was? It didn't last very long, so he couldn't tell, but....No, no way she was that hung up on that, after all she went on to willingly kiss Kris 5 days later. No, it couldn't be her first kiss. Right? He was still thinking about that, the mere thought causing something to tense in his chest when he heard Bong Gu ahjussi speak again.

„ You are right officer Lee. A first kiss is very important. I waited two months before I kissed my wife for the first time.“ Minseok stared in shock at Bong Gu ahjussi who looked like he ate small children in the morning who was just trying to give him lessons on how to treat a girl right. Everybody turned to the buff tall man with their eyebrows raised in incredulity, making him nonchalantly shrug his shoulders in return.

„ What? I got arested because I punched a jackass who didn't pay for the repair of his car but I do know how to keep my lady happy.“ Officer Lee rubbed his forehead like he was starting to get a headache before turning to Minseok.

„ So what happened next?“ Minseok scoffed at his question while casually drinking his strawberry tea.

„ Why should I tell you anything when it's obvious on whose side you're on?“

„ Oh, come on!“ Everybody yelled at him, obviously impatient to hear the rest of the story causing Minseok to roll his eyes before continuing to speak.

„ Fine, fine! So.....after that she kinda got bothered because I went to have a little chat with her best friend.“ Officer Lee looked at him with suspicion in his eyes before repeating the word he used.

„ A chat, kid?“

„ It's not my fault she thought I was threatening her!“ Everybody collectively rolled their eyes at his flimsy excuse, shaking their head in a disapproving manner at him.

„ You were just asking to get your kicked, weren't you boy?“ Bong Gu asked, obviously irritated by Minseok's explanation.

„ Well, that time she just settled for humiliating me on the internet.“ He responded sarcastically, staring at the food in front of him with a frown on his face,

„ Oh, my God, you are that baby Minnie dude! My daughter keeps talking about you. Can I get a picture and an autograph, kid?“ Officer Lee laughed looking at Minseok's facial expression which was a combination of  no and I hate my life.

„ I don't think Minseok is fond of that idea, officer Soung.“ Minseok mumbled curses in his chin, his irritation growing by every passing second. That was the fifth person that asked him for an autograph that day and let's just say, he was less than pleased with it. Officer Lee pointed his chopsticks at him the next moment, looking at him in suspense.

„ Yah, why don't you keep talking, kid? Do you enjoy keeping us wait?“ Minseok curved his lips into a pout before indifferently shrugging his shoulders.

„ There is nothing more to say, really. I may have kinda convinced everyone that she was borderline obsessive with me and that she did all of that because she was hurt after I rejected her advances. But that was no reason for planting fake drugs on me and getting me arrested, right?“ A few cops glanced at him with annoyed expressions on their faces while Bong Gu ate his duck, looking at him with something violent in his eyes.

„ You deserve everything this girl did to you, kid.“ Officer Soung Youn hissed at him while opening a fortune cookie.

„ Seriously?! She planted that crap on my motorcycle, and nobody, I mean nobody messes with my baby! I am perfectly fine with her coming after me but not my motorcycle. The way you guys almost took it apart....it still gives me the shivers.“

„ I regret to say this but the kid is right. Nobody messes with a man's baby.“ Bong Gu exclaimed before drinking the tea officer Jae Ha was holding for him.

„ After everything he pulled on her, Bong Gu? After everything he pulled on her because he was bored? Please kid....you had it coming. Maybe arresting you was going a little overboard but I can understand her. She must have felt so frustrated..... poor girl.“

„ YAH! Who has been sitting here for the last hour and a half with you guys while she was comfortably laughing at home? Poor girl my ...."

„ Are you saying we're bad company, kid? What a brat you are.“ Officer Lee hissed back at him, frowning over his chopsticks and other cops nodded in agreement at his words.

„ You didn't tell us what you were planning to do next, kid. Are we going to have to arrest you again in the near future? Boss, I think we should drive past the school a few times a day just in case, oh I don't know, somebody was dumping a body somewhere.“ Minseok bit his lip in irritation before sighing over the dumpling on his chopsticks.

„ I have absolutely no idea.“ And that was entirely true. What was he going to do now? My, my Yeon Hee, you've become quite troublesome lately.

„ OK, I am the er who will ask the question we all want answered.“ Officer Jae Ha suddenly stopped feeding Bong Gu, turning to Minseok with a raised eyebrow.

„ Is the girl pretty?“

„ Yah! What the hell does that have to do with anything?! The girl is obviously brilliant and brave. That's more than enough for anybody with huge balls and even half of brain.“ Bong Gu exclaimed while looking at Jae Ha in a disapproving manner, with everybody else nodding in compliance while Minseok opened his mouth in shock. Why is that important?!

„ But do tell us, is she? I am having a hard time trying to understand your reasons for bothering her at all.“ Officer Soung Youn turned to him with a questioning look in his eyes. Minseok nonchalantly rustled his hair before responding in an indifferent voice.

„ I was bored out of my mind. And I don't know, I've never thought about it.“

„ Yah, that's a lie right there! Of course you have! Everybody notices whether the person is attractive. Or do you expect us to believe you kissed her just so you can get punched?“

„ I kissed her to shut her up!“

„ Yah, what's with all this ruckus here? Is this a police station or a circus?“ The senior officer came down the stairs, his furry eyebrows raised so high they almost ended up in his grey hair as he stared at the situation before him, trying to understand what was happening. All the police officers immediately got up and bowed in respect at him.

„ We were just going over some details of the incident with the suspect, officer Choi.“ Officer Lee almost choked on his squid while trying to respond causing officer Song to quickly pass him his tea, trying to act subtle about it. The senior officer Choi rolled his eyes at the officers in front of him before looking at Minseok with a stern expression on his face.

„ Are you the chaebol brat who caused all of this ruckus? I just had a nice chat with your lawyer who told me he was going to drag my balls through broken glass for arresting you.“  

„ That can't be comfortable.“ Minseok innocently mumbled his response under his breath, his comment making the officers around him giggle. Senior officer Choi snapped his fingers at Soung Youn next, narrowing his eyes at the younger officer.

„  You ate the last fortune cookie? You didn't leave any for me? You are seriously extremely disrespectful to your boss.“ Soung Youn bowed deeply, apologizing as he did. Officer Choi frowned at him before taking one of the dumplings, leaning on a desk near Minseok and looking at his subordinates with expectation on his face.

„ So, can somebody tell me what the hell this is all about?“ Officer Lee cleared his throat and stood up, opening his little memo pad before starting to speak in his professional tone of voice.

„ On Thursday, the 30th of January around 15:52 in the afternoon we got an anonymous phone call from a diposable cellphone from a girl who claimed she saw a suspicious looking boy in a leather jacket selling drugs from his motorcycle at Byeon school, the school for those oveprivileged and bratty.“ Minseok nodded in agreement with his last statement while taking a sip of his tea.

„ True.“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter