Chapter 34- Not a couple

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Come on, you have to admit it was funny!“ Yeon Hee turned to glare at the royal pain in the that was Kim Minseok, the fury burning  in her while he laughed at her facial expression. He was currently nonchalantly leaning on the fountain where she had been viciously washing her hand for the last 10 minutes, not even ashamed of what he had done.

„ Funny? Funny?! You used my fingers as a ing lollipop!“ He nodded with his face twisted in an amused expression while he was holding the framed picture taken in the tunnel, with Yeon Hee's face  looking competely horrified as he slid her fingers into his mouth.

„ I told you I would find another way to get something sweet. If you had just shared your candy with me.....“

„ You are sick, you know that? Like really ing sick.“ She said, still rubbing her hand trying to block out the memories. Unsuccessfully.

„ The word you meant to use was amazing, I know. Aren't you at least happy we got this memory to cherish forever?“ He said, pointing at the picture.

 „ I'll get you a memory to cherish forever when I break your ing legs.“ She said, mumbling curses in her chin.

„ That would truly be an amazing memory but alas....then you would be breaking our truce. And that would be such a shame, don't you think so?"“ She flicked the water on his grinning face, feeling the frustration growing in her because she knew she couldn't punish him for the stupid trick he pulled on her, taking into consideration it was acceptable physical punishment and what not. How come the contract I wrote is biting me on the ? I thought it served to protect me, not give him more means to piss me off!

„ You look really photogenic here. The horror on your face is just...something.“ He pointed on her face at the picture and she gripped the sides of the fountain, internally debating whether breaking the truce was worth her trying to kill him at the spot. So far, she was still deciding about it. With his every spoken word, she was seriously considering trying to drown him in the fountain.

„ The real horror in my life is you, you  son of a .“ He winked at her while putting the picture in his pocket.

„ I am glad you think so highly of me, Yeon Hee.“ She scoffed at him, turning off the water when she heard her cellphone ringing in her pocket and she knew exactly who was calling her. Minseok looked over the fountain and smiled, pointing his finger.

„ Hey, it's Lu.“ He tried to call him over but Yeon Hee was faster. She proceeded to grab Minseok by his jacket and pull him down so they were both hidden by the fountain. He barely reacted, just looking down at her hands which were gripping his jacket and then looking up at her with that expression.

„ If you wanted to touch me that badly, you could have just asked.“ She fumbled around trying to get her cellphone out before Ji An, who was walking around not even 10 meters away with Han, recognized the sound.

„ Very well, your Majesty. May I repeatedly touch that egomaniacal head of yours with a baseball bat?“ He smirked again, fully enjoying the fact it infuriated her when he did it.

„ Ah, jagi, I didn't think you were into that kind of stuff....“ She flipped him the bird, finally getting her cellphone out of her pocket. 12 missed calls from Ji An. 10 text messages. Yeon Hee, call me. Yeon Hee are you OK? Yeon Hee, I am so sorry. Please, call me back. Yeon Hee, please tell me where you are? Yeon Hee, call me! Please, I am dying over here.

„ Yeah, you should be sorry.“ She mumbled, glancing through the phone while he was crouching near her, looking at his own phone.

„ Lu just sent me a message asking if I was alive.“ People were passing near them, looking at them with raised eyebrows because they were hiding behind the fountain. Minseok looked up at her, curving his lip as he spoke with an amused tone of voice.

„ Other than your uncontrollable desire to touch me...why exactly are we hiding here?“ She moved a little and glanced over the fountain to see Ji An and Luhan near the food stand, looking profusely around to spot them. She sighed and turned back to him, almost losing her ground but he caught her hand and balanced her before moving away.

„ I don't want them to see us.“ She whispered and he looked at her in acted out surprise before rolling his eyes.

„ And here I thought you wanted to throw an improvised picnic with me. I am asking... why don't you want to be seen by them?“ Well, because I am ing crazy.

„ Listen, Han has been taking his sweet time with Ji An and she isn't too happy about it. Now, this is the closest those two had to an one on one date ever. Like ing ever. If they see us, their date is over. But if we give them some time....maybe they can finally get a move on things.“ He looked indifferently at her for a moment  but then a small smile started to appear on his lips, surprising her in the process. God, not the smile. I can't handle that smile.Or the smirk. Or you in general.

„ You are something else, demon. Even after all of this you are still willing to play Cupid for our friends?“ Yep, because of the ing crazy part.

„ Well, if we let those two work on it alone, we may see them confessing to each other in about 50 years. I don't know about you but I am not ready to listen abot Lu-lu the athletic wonder and his beautiful brown eyes for that long.“ He laughed at her comment before shaking his head.

„ You should hear him talking about her.“ Yeon Hee rolled her eyes in response.

„ I did. Fun times.“ God, the memories...

„ So what do we say to them?“ Her inner cringing was suddenly interupted by his questioning voice. Yeon Hee bit the insides of , thinking about their options before answering him.

„ I'll tell Ji An I am fine and that I need some time to cool off. I'll tell her that I'll be waiting for her near the gate in an hour. You tell Luhan you are alive, because he will probably think I buried you in the tunnel somewhere and tell him that you're giving him a chance to spend some time alone with her.“ He rolled his eyes, typing  his message.

„ I wrote... . I'm fine. Have fun.“

„ Awesome.“ She said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Boys. She typed her long message and send it to Ji An before they peeked over the fountain, seeing their friends raising their cellphones and reading the messages. Ji An's face turned a little white when she read it, especially the part where Yeon Hee told her to use this opportunity wisely or she was going to be even more pissed. Luhan smiled a little seeing Minseok's message, turning to Ji An who was now even more flustered, obviously unsure of what she was supposed to do when Luhan pointed somewhere, asking her something and she nodded in return.

„ Oh, come on, get a move on you two!“ Yeon Hee whispered, clenching her fists. Finally the love birds chose a direction and walked away slowly, making Yeon Hee and Minseok breathe out in relief, returning to their post behind the fountain. She heard him chuckle mischeviously and she felt the hairs rising on her neck in response.Oh, God that's not good.

„ There is something you didn't take into account, Yeon Hee. You just took away my companion for today, which means I need to be entertained for the next hour. And luckily...you are here to do just that.“

„ As if.“ She scoffed, putting her cellphone back in her pocket. He smirked again, not fazed by her reaction at all.

„ And you are already doing your job so dilligently.“ Her snarky response was interrupted by a loud cough and a familiar voice above them.

„ I am not even going to ask what you two are doing.“ They looked up to see Mister Park staring at them, eating cotton candy with a middle aged woman under his arm. Seriously?Again?! They jumped up and bowed their heads at their teacher who once again caught them in a weird position, this time it was squating behind a fountain and bickering. Mister Park turned to the woman next to him and sighed, pointing at them.

„ Jagi, these are the kids that keep getting into trouble. The ones that almost made me miss our anniversary.“ The woman glanced over them as Yeon Hee and Minseok mumbled apologies. She then proceeded to smile at them before looking back at her husband.

„ Oh,yaebo, give them a break. Remember how tidious we were when we were young and madly in love?“ Yeon Hee and Minseok looked at each other, him mouthing young and her mouthing madly in love to each other in disbelief.

„ You two are such a cute couple.“ She looked back at them, clasping her hands. Oh, God, no. Not again.

„ We are not...“

„ A couple!“ Yeon Hee finished Minseok's sentence, both in panic mode at the idea that their teacher would actually believe such a thing. Yeah it was all fun and games for mister when he was getting free food and pissing her off with that couple and jagiya but this was going too far. The woman glanced between them and her husband.

„ Ah, so cute indeed.....Well, we should stop bothering you. The last thing you need on your date is old people pestering you.“ Date? I would rather be on a date with death!

„ It's not....“ Minseok started talking but Mister Park narrowed his eyes at him to shut him up.

„ Jagi, you said you wanted to go the Love tunnel. Come on, let's go. You two....behave yourself.“ The woman waved at them before they went away, their marriage obviously not on a brink of divorce this time. Yeon Hee turned around to look at him, widened in disbelief.

„ A couple?!“ He just shrugged his shoulders.

„ I am still trying to wrap my mind about the young part.“

„ This is just insulting.“ She said, starting to walk away, but knowing full well he was going to catch up to her. And he did.

„ I know. I think comparing us to them was a little too much.“ She turned to him, pointing a finger at him.

„ Why don't you just go somewhere far away and leave me alone?“ He looked around, acting all innocent when he responded.

„ Maybe I should just go find Lu and Ji An and join them.....“ Tsk. I can't ing believe it

„ You're an , you know that?“ He nodded once before shrugging his shoulders.

„ I am a bored and you happen to entertain me. Not to mention, I still owe you punishment for your rough treatment behind the fountain.“

„ Your existence is punishment enough.“ He strolled in front of her, smirking yet again.

„ Not according to our contract it isn't.“ She raised her arms in the air  like she was giving up on life and walked away, but he caught up with her without a problem, looking around the park. Do I really need to spend more time with him? The horror in the tunnel wasn't enough? Really. You know, if there is a God, you Sir, at your job. Unless your job is trying to push me to the brink of madness. Because if it is....good job.

Suddenly she lost her train of thought when she heard a child crying when they passed the games stand. She looked ahead to see a small girl with cute cat ears on her brown short hair, probably not even 4 years old, crying and whining, stomping her feet at her mother who was at her level trying to comfort her. Tears were flowing down her cheeks as she cried, pointing at the huge teddy bear that was on display at the stand as a reward.

„ Eommaaaa! P-please! Eo-eomma, the teddy b-bear!“

„ Ae Ri, don't cry. Eomma will get you another teddy bear....“

„ B-b-but I want t-that one.“ She said, starting to get incoherent because of the tears flowing down her face. Yeon Hee suddenly turned around when she felt Minseok's presence wasn't there anymore. He approached the little girl and her mother, crouching down to be on her level, being careful not to invade personal space and scare the girl away. He spoke gently with a small smile on his lips.

„ If oppa wins you the toy will you stop crying?“ Her mother shook her head in surprise at his words, waving her hands.

„ No, you really don't have to, Ae Ri can be a little dramatic...“

„ You...you can d-do it?“ The girl spoke, looking at him with wide eyes, tears shining in them. Minseok smiled a little and nodded at her.

„ Only if you stop crying. Do you want me to try?“ The girl nodded swiftly but her mother spoke up again, looking flustered.

„ I am sorry to disturb you, you don't really have to do it....“ Minseok got up and glanced at Yeon Hee who stood there with wide open.What is happening?

„ Yeon Hee, can you take my jacket?“ Urm...what? He proceeded to take off the jacket and she approached him, confused out of her mind but still taking it from him, pressing it to her chest. It smelled like him. It was still warm.The game he was supposed to play was the strength test, when a person hits the scale with a hammer and tries to get the bell to ring. Minseok paid the vender and took the hammer before turning to the girl again, acting slightly insecure in the process.

„ It's really heavy. Can you smile for oppa so you can make me stronger?“The girl nodded, wiping the tears from her face with her sleeve, trying to smile a little. Minseok smiled back at her before confidently nodding.

„ I already feel stronger.“ The girl flushed a little, staring up at him. Even kids like him? What the hell?! He turned around and picked up the hammer, hitting the scale and soon enough, the bell rang as he reached the highest measurement. He really was strong. The girl started clapping when Minseok received the bear from the vender and he returned to his previous position, holding out the toy to the girl.

„ I can't thank you enough....“ Her mother spoke as the girl took the bear and held it tightly to her chest, the bear almost being her size. Minseok glanced up at the mother and smiled.

„ It was really no problem.“ Her mother nudged the girl.

„ Ae Ri, what do we say to the nice oppa?“ The girl bowed a little.

„ Thank you, oppa.“ He sighed a little and smiled.

„ Don't cry anymore, OK? You make your eomma sad when you cry. And did you see what your smile can do? It gave me strength. It makes your eomma happy. So, will you promise oppa to smile more in the future? Pinky promise?“ The girl nodded, blushing slightly while her mother held her chest in disbelief looking at Minseok who intertwined his pinky with the girl's to seal the deal. Yeon Hee had the exact same facial expression.as the girl's mother, barely able to comprehend what just happened.That was adorable. No other way to describe it. Unexpected that's for sure. But it was still the cutest thing she saw in ages, cuter than Hae Sook and Yixing combined. Kim Minseok, the heroic oppa for the little girl. It....it was something else.

 Ae Ri proceeded to give the bear to her mother and took off her cat ears trying to give them to him.

„ Here, oppa.“ Minseok laughed taking them and tried putting them on his head but they were too small for him. The girl frowned again, looking dissatisfied when Minseok smiled like he just thought of something.

„ Oppa's head is too big. But I have an idea. Do you see my friend over there?" He suddenly pointed at Yeon Hee, making her  feel shocked for a moment before she smiled at the little girl when Minseok continued to talk.

"She has been telling me all about how pretty those ears are and how she wished to have a pair like those. So if you could give it to her, oppa would be really happy.“ The girl looked at her and nodded excitedly, waving her over to them. Yeon Hee tried to hide her disbelief approaching them, then lowering herself to the girl's level. Minseok gave the ears back to the girl and she prompted herself on the tip of her toes before putting it on Yeon Hee's head. Wow...that's going to cause a headache. But she smiled in return, touching her new accessory.

„ Thank you, Ae Ri. They are beautiful.“ The girl gripped her bear again before giggling happily at them. Minseok gave her that playful smile which warmed up the air around them, causing the girl to stare at him, completely forgetting about the toy in her arms when she had oppa in front of her.

„ Take care of Mister Bear, Ae Ri and he is going to take care of you too, OK?“ She nodded seriously before pointing at him, her cheeks completely flushed.

„ Pretty oppa.“ So young....and ruined already. Yeon Hee thought to herself, but not able to stop laughing just like Minseok and her mother who shook her head, gently playing with her daughter's hair.

„ Come on, Ae Ri, we have to go find your aunt. Say goodbye to the nice oppa and eonni.“ The girl bowed at them again and they smiled back in return.

„ Bye. Thank you, pretty oppa.“ Her mother bowed a little at them before picking up her daughter  in her arms and walking away. Yeon Hee and Minseok straightened up and Yeon Hee frowned because she could already feel the pulsating in her head caused by the tight grip those ears had on her. But she sure as hell wasn't takin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter