Chapter 12- Degrading

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Thank you for the views, subscriptions, comments and your overall support. You are sweethearts :)

**************************

 

„ Minseok is looking at you again.“ Soo Ae whispered to Yeon Hee while leaning back in her chair. Yeon Hee didn't even look up from her notebook where she had been trying to solve an equation before she responded in a sarcastic tone.

„ Probably because I look so ravishing today.“ Soo Ae laughed silently at her answer before continuing to whisper in a teasing tone of voice.

„ Like a ravishing meal on a plate. Because that's how he's looking at you right now.“ Yeon Hee didn't look up from what she had been writing, resisting the urge to glance at Kim Minseok. She would rather burn the whole world down than look at him, rather than giving him that satisfaction. That didn't mean she wasn't aware of every move he made that day, that she wasn't aware that he was glaring at her the whole day.

„ I am flattered but I don't think he would like the way I taste. I am as sour as a lemon.“ She was just finishing the assignment Ji An was solving on the board in front of the class while Soo Ae was too busy looking everywhere, just not at math problems in front of her.

„ He knows you've been avoiding him the whole day.“

„ Of course he knows I've been avoiding him. I can't be caught near him if I don't know what's he planning. I can't afford to be surprised by him anymore.“ Yeon Hee whispered back, waving with her pencil up and down to emphasize her point. Soo Ae leaned next to her and whispered in her ear, trying to seem subtle about it.

„ So... how are we going to find out what he's planning?“ She glanced at his entourage next before continuing to speak.

„ The only ones who know what he's planning are his dweeby friends.“ Yeon Hee sighed in silence before looking at the same direction, taking in the sight of the douchebag's entourage. Kris was leaning on the wall, clearly not interested in anything like usual, Tao was sleeping on the desk while Chen was having fun laughing at Luhan who stared at Ji An in front of the board and Yeon Hee could almost see hearts flying around his head.

„ Kris doesn't seem to care for the war, will you go after him?“ Soo Ae asked, her gaze glued to the tall icy giant they were talking about when Yeon Hee shook her head in disagreement.

„ He isn't interested but he doesn't want to meddle. Not to mention, I can't really look him in the eye anymore after that...accident."

" You mean your romantic emotional kiss?" Soo Ae said in hushed tone, giggling at Yeon Hee when she proceeded to narrow her eyes at her.

" Oh, haha... you." Soo Ae stuck her tongue out at her before looking away, this time staring at Tao.

" What about Zitao?" Yeon Hee pressed her lips for a quick moment, not even looking at Tao.

" Tao. I think I could scare him enough into doing what I want but I would be breaking the rule of our friends being untouchable. And this time he would go after you, Soo Ae.“ Soo Ae shrugged her shoulders with an evil smirk appearing on her lips.

„ I would like to see him try.“

„ Well, I wouldn't. So I am not scaring or blackmailing Tao.“

„ Luhan?“

„ No ing way. Ji An would take out my spleen if I threatened Luhan. He is protecting Ji An from the jackass and Ji An protects him from me.“

„ And they don't even know it.“ Soo Ae said in an exasperated tone while rolling her eyes.

„ Well of course they don't, after all she has been sniffing way too much paint fumes and he must have hit his head on a goal a lot.“ Yeon Hee responded snarkily, glancing up to see Luhan lean on his palm, not looking away from Ji An in front of the board.

„ So that only leaves Chen.“  Soo Ae said, looking at the troll with a small smile on her lips. Yeon Hee nodded at her words, turning the next page of her notebook.

„ Chen the troll. He is the only one I don't have to blackmail or threaten. If I approach him in the right way.... he will tell me something.“ Soo Ae raised his eyebrow in surprise, her look still fixed on Chen and Yeon Hee saw small expression of interest on her face. Soo Ae muttered her next words under her breath and it didn't seem like they were intended for Yeon Hee at all.

„ He doesn't seem like a traitor.“ Yeon Hee smiled slightly before pursing her lips, passing her pencil over her lower lip when she explained her reasons for choosing Chen.

„ He isn't a traitor Soo Ae. But he is enjoying seeing us fight. He has laughed his head off with everything we did so far and he is expecting to laugh even more in the future. What is more.... he has repeatedly expressed his wish to marry me.“ Soo Ae rolled her eyes at Yeon Hee's tone of voice before turning back to her, raising the corner of her lips.

„  A tempting offer, I must say. But if he wants you two to fight,  he is not going to do anything to help you.“

„ Ah, but he might.... if I convince him it's going to be more interesting that way. Much more enjoyable for him. However I will have to reveal a part of my plans to him in exchange, he won't settle for anything less than that.“

„ Seems very tricky, Yeon Hee. What if he lies to you?“ Yeon Hee smiled wickedly when Chen suddenly turned around and grinned at her, lifting his ring finger before making heart gestures at her.

„ He knows what I am capable of. He won't dare.“

„ Miss Kang, I am sure you already have a solution, don't you?“ Professor Kim looked disapprovingly at Soo Ae who immediately straightened in her chair, shaking her head at him.

„ Not yet, sir.“

„ I am sure whatever Miss Moon had to say was breathtakingly interesting but do pay attention to math, Miss Kang. It might be more useful in the long run.“ Soo Ae nodded at him like she agreed before lowering her voice so only Yeon Hee could hear her.

„ I seriously doubt that.“ Yeon Hee rolled her eyes and continued with the next task, not looking up from her notebook until the class ended. When the bell finally rang she quickly gathered all of her things and rushed out of the classroom, not willing to give Minseok a chance to follow her. Like she told Soo Ae earlier that day, she wasn't running from him, she was just buying herself some time. Or both. She heard her friends following after her before they caught up with her, pulling on her arm.

„ He went the other direction.“ Ji An said while wheezing for air. Yeon Hee proceeded to slow down, allowing her friends the time to catch their breath as they walked together towards Yeon Hee's locker.

„ He was staring at you like he was trying to burn a hole in your head.“ Soo Ae said in her ear, looking at her with a playful smile on her lips.

„ I would still have more brain than him even if he did.“ Yeon Hee responded snarkily, causing Soo Ae to laugh in return before continuing their conversation from earlier.

„ So how are you going to get to Chen?“ Ji An looked at them both with obvious confusion on her face so Soo Ae took it upon herself to explain it to her.

„ Yeon Hee feels like Chen could tell us something if she plays her cards right.“ Ji An nodded in understanding before looking at them both with suspicion in her eyes.

„ Chen? Not Luhan?“ Yeon Hee exchanged a glance with Soo Ae before shrugging her shoulders and answering her question.

„ No, Chen can be more useful to me than your clever athletic sweetheart. He' s the one who likes me the most out of all of them.“

„ Maybe we should ask Kris about that.....“  Soo Ae muttered in Yeon Hee's ear, causing Yeon Hee to try and pinch her arm in return when her attention was drawn to a piece of paper plastered on her locker door. She widened her eyes in surprise before speaking again in a hushed voice.

„ Guys, tell me I am seeing things.“

„ Nope.“ Ji An whispered back while looking around them, trying to see who put it there. Yeon Hee walked slowly to the locker, her hand barely shaking when she took the note and read the words on it. It was a handwriting she had rarely seen, neat and small. His handwriting.

Your things seem to have wandered in my direction. If you want them back, come find me. You know where. It wasn't signed. It didn't need to be signed. She passed the note to Ji An, unlocking the door, realizing it had been locked only once. Ever since all of the drama started she has been locking it at least 7 times. Mothering bastard broke in. She violently opened the door before jumping up in shock with hissing coming out of when she saw the sight in front of her.

„ The ...“ Her locker was empty just like the note had indicated because her stuff had seemingly wandered to another person. But....it wasn't entirely empty. On the back of her locker there had been a photograph of the boy who made her blood boil and her teeth clench in anger. Minseok's black eyes were glaring at her, the joy out of her as usual, his pale face almost glowing in the darkness of her locker while his lips were curved in one of those smirks which made her want to hang him by his tie from the school rooftop. Soo Ae leaned over her shoulder to look at what had startled her before laughing in her ear, covering as she did.

„ Oh my God! He made himself a shrine in your locker!“ Yeon Hee shook her head in disbelief, still taking in the sight in front of her. The entire backside of her locker was decorated with hearts, stars and God knows what else. There was even a red rose placed in front of his ing photo. Her entire locker had been polluted by his presence.

„ Well, I am glad he had fun in there.“ She scoffed, closing the door with a bang before sitting down on the floor in front of it, her friends joining her quickly.

„ That was ing genius. Like, I know you hate seeing my face so...surprise, my face!“ Soo Ae was still laughing while leaning on the locker behind her, barely able to catch her breath. Ji An rolled her eyes at her before turning to Yeon Hee with a worried expression on her face.

„ Soo Ae, shut up. Yeon Hee, he wants you to come to him. What will you do?“ Yeon Hee shrugged her shoulders before crossing her arms on her chest.

„ Obviously, NOT go to him. I don't care what he has. I won't go to him without a plan, without knowing what he's planning to do to me.“ Soo Ae finally calmed down enough to talk normally while leaning closer to Yeon Hee.

„ He didn't take anything of value?“ Yeon Hee shook her head before looking back at her locker with furrowed eyebrows.

„ The first day... when he came after Ji An, I moved everything important home. I only left a couple of books in there. I think I also left a sandwich from a week ago. It was a tuna sandwhich.. Hm....maybe I should have eaten that.“ Soo Ae rolled her eyes at Yeon Hee's response before tilting her head to the side, not giving up from her interrogation until Yeon Hee gave her a clear answer.

„ So you are not going for them then?“

„ Hell ing no. He can burn them and ritually dance around the bonfire as far as I am concerned. It's going to take a lot more than that to make me come to him willingly, without knowing his intentions.“ She clenched her fist around the note, ignoring the weird glances people were giving them because they were sitting in front of the lockers. Soo Ae nodded to herself, crossing her arms on her chest with a determined expression on her face.

„ Well, that settles it then. We need to find a way to get to Chen.“

„ I...“

„ Excuse me sunbaenim, are you a-alright?“ Hae Sook approached them with a clearly worried expression on her face, taking in the sight of her seniors camping in front of the lockers. Yeon Hee waved her hand in a nonchalant manner before responding with a small smile on her lips.

„ Just peachy Hae Sook, don't worry about it. Is there something wrong?“ Hae Sook blushed and shook her head before explaining herself.

„ I was j-just wondering if you looked over the plans I gave you? About the conditions t-that need to be f-fulfilled for the manager of the a-amusement park? I mean it's o-okay if you didn't, I know you are b-busy, I d-don't want to rush you.“ Her stuttering grew worse when she was nervous so Yeon Hee smiled gently, responding in a calm voice.

„ Yeah, I did. No worries. You need it back?“ She nodded while clenching the edge of her blazer.

„ I-I need to show it to the principal.“

„ I have it right here, just wait a minute.....“ She looked up at the locker and remembered the situation. Soo Ae widened her eyes and Ji An violently coughed when they all realized what the problem was. Ji An covered in shock, letting out a silent squeak.

„ Nooo.....“

„ It was in my Korean Literature book. In my locker.“  Soo Ae covered her eyes while Ji An was shaking her head with a panicked look on her face. Yeon Hee didn't even flinch when she stood up, looking at Hae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter