Chapter 42- Lasting impressions

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 I hope this is fluffy enough for you all.

*****************************

Yeon Hee bit her lips almost to the point of bleeding, walking quickly and trying to reason with herself again, which was the only thing she had been doing for a while now. She suddenly stopped in her tracks for the tenth time in the last hour or so, causing an older man behind her to curse at her abrupt action. She bowed her head and quickly apologized, turning around again. Why would she even think about doing this? She just came to drop off the clothes for the dry cleaning. Which she did. Now she needs to go home and prepare for the team building session with her debate club. She started walking in the opposite direction, the direction of the bus station, when the other thoughts suddenly came rushing back.Yeah, that's why you chose the dry cleaning on the other part of the city, extremely close to the highschool where the dweebs were playing their last game today. Also, you postponed the meeting, twice, annoying all of your teammates in the process. Because you totally didn't want to come to the game, right? She bit the insides of , her mind going crazy when she stopped again, resisting the urge to scream. She leaned on a telephone pool when an older lady looked at her before shaking her head in confusion, probably thinking Yeon Hee was losing her mind. Which she was. She sighed, rustling her hair violently as she thought about it. For the hundreth ing time.

Her cellphone buzzed all of the sudden when she got a message from Soo Ae, which was actually a selfie taken with Ji An and Min Woo with the words You are missing out written beneath the photo. Hoe. Yeon Hee rolled her eyes, barely smiling at their childish antics. Another message came through, this one from Ji An. Our boys are doing fine, don't worry. Hoe. There was a pause before another message came through. Sorry, Soo Ae got a hold of my cellphone. Excuse me. After a couple of minutes she got a message from Min Woo with another picture, this time it was Ji An pulling Soo Ae's hair and nose. Soo Ae and Ji An are busy at the moment. Please try again later. Yeon Hee laughed, picturing the scene in her head, knowing how violent Ji An can get with Soo Ae's hair before she played with a cellphone in her hands and sighed, thinking about the words Ji An used in her message. Our boys. That's what they became. Their friends. Yeon Hee's friends who were currently playing one of the most important games in their lives and she was here, hugging a ing telephone pole instead of cheering for them. They had said they didn't expect her to come because of her obvious disdain towards any sport other than sleep, which should totally be an olympic sport. Tao even smiled at her while hugging her on Sunday, saying that he knows his noona is very busy with the debate club and that he only wanted her to wish him luck. She glanced at her cellphone, noticing the time and pressing her lips in frustration. They went out of their way to handle her, to prepare for her birthday, to get her meaningful gifts, to make her laugh all this time.... God she didn't have so much fun in years. So...what was she still doing here?!

She straightened up quickly, scaring a young couple next to her with her quick reaction before walking in the direction of the school, this time fully confident in the decision she made. But the thought that made her change her mind so many times so far was still there, digging into her head. She knew what was the real problem here, why she even thought of not going to the game today. What was beneath all those excuses that she was busy or that she didn't like the game. She hesitated... because she would see him. Which was also the reason why she unconsciously picked up her pace, almost running to the school this time. She didn't see him since Saturday night, he didn't come to school at all because the dweebs did their last minute training for the last couple of days. As for the family emergency he suddenly had, she didn't buy his excuse for a second but she still secretly hoped he didn't leave because of what happened. But in the end she was proven right. There was no family emergency and she still remembers the way Soo Ae looked at her when she told her, like she was sorry. Sorry. Like she had anything to be sorry about. And to think Yeon Hee was even willing to apologize to him.  And it turned out, it was just him walking away when things got tense , when he didn't want to handle the situation, like he always did. So now she was full of regret, guilt and anger at herself and him. But that had nothing to do with her supporting her friends today. And she was an idiot thinking it should affect her decision anyway.

She stepped on to the path that led to the soccer field  and she could hear cheering and whistles coming from the bleachers. She clenched her fists and mumbled a quick fighting in her chin before walking to the field, the noise becoming louder with every passing second. The field finally came into her sight and she looked to the bleachers trying to find her friends but there were way too many people around her and the bleachers were fully packed. She frowned, if nothing, trying to find an empty spot to sit down and she looked thoroughly before noticing an empty space on the left bleachers. It took her almost 10 minutes to pass all the people on the way, bowing and mumbling apologies as she disturbed them, almost causing absolute chaos on the upper half of the bleachers before she sat down in relief, trying to catch her breath. She took off her headphones and stared at the field, trying to recognize the players. She recognized Zico who was doing some hand gestures for Chen who kicked the ball in his direction while the other team tried to intercept it. She leaned in to have a better view of the game when she heard subtle whispering behind her. All of a sudden, somebody sat next to her and she widened her eyes in shock, leaning away from the boy with raven hair and mischevious smile on his pretty face. He pointed his finger at her while staring at her with a raised eyebrow.

„ I know you.“ She frowned, trying to find his face in her memories when he nodded at someone behind her.

„ It is her, right Yeol?“ She suddenly heard a very deep voice behind her mumbling something in response and she turned around to see a tall lanky guy with a dazzling smile and bigger ears, who was kinda familiar to her. I know you too. You are....

„ The SM school soccer team, right?“ She said, furrowing her eyebrows at them. The pretty mischevious nodded at her with a playful arrogant smile.

„ We must have made quite an impression if you remember us. But we understand. We are pretty amazing.“ She heard scoffing from her other side and saw the shorter guy with plump limps rolling his eyes, grumbling in his chin while looking done with life itself.

„ God...“ She turned back only to see the one with a face of icy perfection barely nodding in acknowledgment while slurping his bubble tea. Next to the hot giant with ears, there was the handsome one who bowed politely to her with a gentle smile on his lips. She suddenly felt the one next to her poke her shoulder, trying to get her attention.

„ You are the one who totally rejected our Jongin, aren't you?“ She shrugged her shoulders in an indifferent manner and returned her gaze to the game, trying to see who was in the possession of the ball.

„ It seems I also made a lasting impression.“ He grinned widely at her response before tilting his head to the side, his eyes glued to her face.

 „ Yeah, there aren't many girls who could resist him. Or guys for that matter. Just ask Chanyeol after all....he is Jongin's biggest fan.“ She rolled her eyes, totally not in the mood to be dealing with another set of dweebs. Couple of minutes passed in silence before she realized he didn't look away from her, making her turn to him with narrowed eyes.

„ Why are you staring at me?“ He shrugged his shoulders before leaning his face on the palm of his hand, pouting his lips in innocence.

„ I am bored.“ She felt slight headache starting to appear in her head and she proceeded to stand up, trying to find another spot to sit because it was obvious she wasn't going to have any peace sitting there. She heard the polite one behind her speak and she turned around to see him bow his head in apology.

„ I am sorry for Baekhyun, he can be a handful. Baek, leave her alone or I'll make sure Kyungsoo takes care of you.“ The mischevious one smiled again, winking at the one with plump limps and big eyes who was sitting next to Yeon Hee, obviously trying to ignore his very existence.

„ Oh, come on Suho, stop being such a party pooper.“  Baekhyun tapped her shoulder and grinned playfully at her.

„  By the way, I am Baekhyun but you can just call me Baek. The one with bubble tea is Sehun, the giant with ears is Chanyeol but you can call him Yoda, the polite party pooper is our mother, Suho and the one next to you is Satansoo.“

„ I ing told you to stop calling me that...“ Satansoo mumbled, glaring murderously at him making Baekhyun giggle in his direction. Yeon Hee sighed, not finding another spot in her vicinity where she could move to, completely giving up on life when she had to sit back down. She glanced at Kyungsoo before raising her eyebrow in slight surprise.

„ You are called Satansoo? I am called Yeon Hee the coldhearted demon. Or Yeon Hee the Fury. I completely understand the struggle.“ He widened his eyes at her when she smiled a little, making him blush slightly before bowing at her.

„ I am Kyungsoo. I am sorry for the idiot next to you. I would tell you to ignore him, but that's never going to work.“

„ You adore me and you know it. Stop hiding your love towards me, especially now when Jongin isn't here to get jealous.“ Baekhyun exclaimed, winking at Kyungsoo  who rolled his eyes in return. Yeon Hee turned to Satansoo, crossing her arms and frowning in a questioning manner.

„ How do you even survive with him?“

„ I have absolutely no idea.“

„ I know what you mean.“ She said pressing her lips in agreement.

„ Are your friends also idiots?“ Kyungsoo asked with question in his brown eyes making Yeon Hee nod not even trying to supress a smile at the memory of her friends.

„ Yeah. They totally are.“ But they are her idiots.

 „ Aren't you two like twins now...“ She heard a deep voice with a slight lisp behind her and she turned around, surprised that the icy angel spoke. Before she could respond to the arrogant blank faced kid she saw Tao on the field using diversion to take the ball from the opposite team and running towards the goal, maneuvering around his rivals while Kyung and Taeil cleared his way. She jumped up, cheering and whistling, just like all the other people from her school. There was something really cool about her Panda running on the field like a pro, without his signature whiny fashion loving attitude, his head all in the game and she felt like a proud big sister seeing him like that. But wasn't that exactly what she became? His big sister. His noona. She doesn't know how, but it happened. He somehow got under her skin, the spoiled brat. And she was grateful for that.

„ Go, Tao, make noona proud!!!“ She yelled loudly when Tao finally kicked the ball which flew passed the goalkeeper and went into the net, making it the first goal in the game according to the scoreboard. She whistled in approval before cheering loudly when Tao made a celebratory backflip but then he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as if he heard her somehow and recognized her voice even with all the noise. He turned to the bleachers, looking around and she waved to him, finally catching his look. Tao looked at her in shock, his jaw dropping before he smiled at her, mouthing something at her which she didn't understand. But she still clapped at him as Tao theatrically bowed in her direction, grinning at her like a happy kid. He then gripped Luhan and Chen who were near him and pointed at her, making wild gestures with his hands. Luhan smiled, waving at her and Chen sent her a wink and a kiss, making her roll her eyes in return. Moron.

But then, he finally came into her line of vision, looking up at her and narrowing his black eyes as he did. He pushed his hair from his forehead, his face was glistening with sweat but she still felt her heart beat faster and the warmth spread through her body as she stared at him.  She didn't even realize how tense she was until she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter