Chapter 39- Irresistible

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think this is the chapter that will make you understand  some things about Yeon Hee. After this chapter I think you will understand who Yeon Hee really is.

******************************

„ Noona, you are heavy....“ Tao whined, scrunching his face in discomfort, causing Yeon Hee to hiss at him while forcefully pulling his ear.

„ Yah, idiot Panda, don't you know you should never say that to a girl?!“ Tao shook his head in displeasure making her tighten her grip on his neck when he continued giving her a piggyback ride.

„ But noona....“ He continued, still with that whiny tone she got all too familiar with. She pinched his cheek before pouting her lips in an innocent manner.

„ Panda, you said you would help your noona. Come on, stop whining, it''s going to be Min Woo's turn soon anyway.“ She turned to wink at Min Woo who was walking beside them making him roll his eyes and shake his head, mumbling a dissatisfied question in his chin.

„ Why did we agree to this, remind me again?“ Yeon Hee smugly smiled before she gently rustled Tao's hair with her hand.

„ Because that's the only way I would get on this stinking mountain.“

„  You are making us regret that decision, demon. “ She heard Soo Ae mumble and she raised her head to stick her tongue out.

„ Do you want to give me a piggyback ride too, Soo Ae?“ Soo Ae adjusted her hat on her head before rushing ahead to catch up with the rest of the class so she wouldn't have to be threatened again while Yeon Hee leaned her head on Tao, enjoying herself immensely. Hell, if hiking was always like this I wouldn't hate it as much. She couldn't hide the smile of satisfaction at how the situation turned out. It was a beautiful sunny day, pretty warm for the middle of March and she was currently not walking up the mountain with her friends around her, listening to them laugh and make jokes and she wasn't even that mad that she agreed to go camping in the end. She didn't even have to move a muscle. She turned around to see Kris and Yixing talking to Minseok about the final game which was going to be played on Monday, discussing the strategy since they started climbing the mountain, not even aware that they were so slow they dragged the whole group down. Most of their class already past the second mark on the trail, which meant Yeon Hee and her friends were pretty far behind Mister Park and Coach Oh who were leading the trip. Minseok caught her look and wiggled his eyebrows at her, causing her to press her lips in a line, so she wouldn't smile at his stupidity. Stop it.

She turned her head and glanced  to the side closer to the forrest where Luhan and Ji An were currently walking and quietly talking, their fingers grazing each other but never being fully intertwined. Yeon Hee rolled her eyes at that sight, scoffing on the inside. After all this time, they still didn't have full contact. They hadn't even kissed yet, for s sake! It seemed that Mister Lee might have insinuated some internal injuries that would fall on Luhan if anything happens to Ji An which caused Ji An's growing dissatisfaction because he had barely moved beyond fingers touching. They haven't even decided to become official. Yeon Hee narrowed her eyes in their directiion, raising the corner of her lips as she continued watching them. If the annoying lovebirds don't become official soon though..... Yeon Hee was going to hit them both upside their heads. Ji An moved her hair from her face and smiled at something that Luhan said, her eyes not leaving his for a second, which caused her to trip on a patch of grass with Luhan barely managing to catch her before she fell. Yeon Hee giggled in the back of Tao's neck and looked ahead to see Soo Ae and Min Woo walking side by side now,  talking about the memories from their childhood like the one when they got lost in a forrest for an hour. Soo Ae still to this day claimed Min Woo peed his pants in fear, an accusation he denied wholeheartedly for years. Yeon Hee rolled his eyes at their constant bickering and moved a strand of her hair from her face, narrowing her eyes in suspicion. Somebody was missing.... Out of nowhere something flew from the trees on her left and Tao screamed, stumbling back, making Yeon Hee and him fall the ground, causing Yeon Hee to have the breath knocked out of her. She heard a loud laughter from the trees on her left when pain started to burn her back. Chen. She heard shuffling noises when the rest of them approached them with worry on their faces and Tao turned to her, his face looking apologetic and miserable because he landed on her when they fell.

„ Noona! It was a snake I am sorry...“ A snake flew out of the trees?! Seriously, Panda!

„ You mean this?“ Min Woo said, picking up a rubber snake which scared Tao. Yeon Hee saw anger on Minseok's face when he approached her and she instinctively knew he was going to murder Chen in the woods if he thought she was really hurt, because of the nobody can bother you if it's not me crap he constantly pulled on her, making her fume in the process. She saw his expression shift from anger to real worry as he glanced over her laying on the ground, making her feel like her breath was being knocked out again in response to his intense gaze. Or....was he just really worried she got hurt? She covered her eyes with her palm before giving him a subtle wink underneath her hand causing him to stand back in surprise with obvious question in his eyes. Chill, your Majesty. I got this.

„ It hurts so much....“ She whined, still not getting up and Chen finally rushed to her, the laughter stopping abruptly when he stood above her with real worry on his face and apologies rapidly spurting out of his mouth.

„ OMO! I am so sorry Yeon Hee! I didn't think he would do that, I thought it was just going to be funny! Are you seriously hurt?! Please, say something to me....“ He leaned over her and she sighed deeply while cringing in fake pain.

„ Chen, come closer, please help me up...“ She raised her arm, beckoning him to her and the idiot took another step closer making Yeon Hee sweep him with her leg with inhumane speed, causing him to fall face down on the ground as she got up, smugly smiling at him before wiping the grass and dirt off her clothes.

„ er.“ He rolled over on his back, rubbing his forehead to stare at her in disbelief.

„ Yah, what the ?! When did you learn how to do that?!“ She heard Minseok laughing behind her, knowing exactly where she picked up that skill.

„ I taught her that.“ She turned to glance at Minseok when he approached her. The rumble in the hotel garden on Valentine's day when she learned the bastard could sweep her off her feet better than he could sweep the floor in his obnoxiously clean apartment.

„ And let's just say, unfortunately for you ChenChen....I am a fast learner.“ She said, smugly winking at him before helping Tao up, brushing the dirt off his clothes.

„ You OK, Panda?“ He nodded once with a frown, rubbing his back before turning to hiss at Chen.

„ I am going to kill you hyung.“  Chen didn't even hear him, still rolling on the floor and acting like he was in pain.

„ Jagi, why aren't you helping me?!“ He whined at Soo Ae who stood beside Ji An, laughing her off  before she slowly approached him, shaking her head.

„ Come on, troll, you had it coming.“ Chen pouted on the ground, still gripping his head, emphasizing his imaginary troubles.

„ Even my own girlfriend doesn't support me....“ Soo Ae leaned over him with fake pity on her face.

„ Poor troll...“ Chen glanced at her, his palms covering the lower half of his face when he gave her a shrewd look.

„ I think a kiss from you would make it all better.“  Yeon Hee pressed her lips and rolled her eyes so far back she was sure they would never return to their normal state again. Soo Ae shrugged her shoulders in response- acting as nonchalant as ever, continuing to .

„ I don't think that is a certified cure for pain, ChenChen.“ She tried to stand up again but Chen pulled her by her arm so she stumbled and fell on him, giggling in the process.

„ That doesn't mean you shouldn't try, jagi...“ He mumbled like a spoiled child and Soo Ae finally gave up and leaned in, quickly pecking him on the lips. Yeon Hee sighed before speaking out, clearly done with life at the cheesy situation before her.

„ I would rather you didn't try, jagi.“ She approached them and tapped Chen's leg with her sneaker.

„ Enjoy this moment while you can ChenChen because it will be a distant happy memory in a few minutes.“ She tilted her head in Tao's and Min Woo's direction with a smug smile on her lips.

„ Luckily for you guys, it seems I found another means of transportation.“ She then winked to Chen who finally got up, groaning in response when he realized he was the next victim of her laziness. Another piggyback ride victim.

„ I knew it.“

„ Oh, come on ChenChen, we are just going to spend some quality time together. Only three more hours. Up the mountain. I think I am going to enjoy it immensely, do you?“ She said, laughing at his sour expression which showed he didn't think he was going to enjoy it, at all.

 

*****************

 

„ I already said I did ahjumma!“ Yeon Hee whined in her cellphone, listening to ahjumma's voice on the other side which was currently bringing Yeon Hee to the brink of patience. But her whining had no effect what so ever on the ahjumma's monologue about Yeon Hee not eating enough, which was going to result in her growing sick and weak and ahjumma was going to have to take care of her, all because she didn't listen to ahjumma and ate the food she packed her for the trip. Yeon Hee crossed her legs in front of her, making herself comfortable on the ground, knowing full well that when ahjumma gets all riled up and worried like she was at that moment, it could take ages to get off the phone with her. She had grabbed a chance to call home to her father, leaving the rest of her friends around the camp fire further in the woods. Thanks to the full moon which was shining brightly that night, Yeon Hee managed to find found a small clearing on higher ground with a gorgeous view of the stars above and the trees around and below, a peaceful place to have a conversation about the harassment case her father was working on. Of course after only two minutes of conversation with her father, ahjumma snatched the phone and began with her usual lecture. Yeon Hee rolled her eyes as ahjumma continued to go on about Yeon Hee's unhealthy diet when she heard something crack behind her, the sounds of footsteps echoing in the silent forrest. She turned around to see Minseok walking towards her and she couldn't supress a yelp of surprise which finally stopped ahjumma's long speech.

„ Oh my God, are you alright? Is there something wrong? Is it a bear?!“

„ Ahjumma, a bear? I am two hours from Seoul, what kind of a bear lives here?!“ She mumbled in disbelief as she waved at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter