Chapter 7-Hypothetically

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„ Is the game already over?“ Yeon Hee was eating chocolate sticks, barely paying attention on the conversation she had with Ji An while watching some random historic drama on TV.

„ Yes, Yeon Hee, the game only lasts 90 minutes.“ Ji An responded, sounding annoyed.

„  Well, it sure seems like a lifetime to me.“ Yeon Hee said with a fake sweet voice, trying to reach her afternoon cup of coffee which was on her small living room table.

„ Yeon Hee-ah....what are you eating there?“  Ji An asked with suspicion in her voice, making Yeon Hee frown in return. She looked at the candy on her lap and bit her lip looking a little bit guilty. She may have gone overboard with candy these days...

„ An apple. They were just laying around the house.“ She responded nonchalantly, drinking a sip of her coffee. She would be eating apples if they were covered in chocolate and could cure ual frustration. But alas, no.

„ Riiiight.“ Ji An dragged the word, not believing it for a moment.

„ So, the game, did they lose?“ Yeon Hee changed the subject while taking another chocolate stick, watching the young woman on the screen and thinking how uncomfortable those hear pieces must have been to wear.

„ Actually, Yeon Hee..... they won.They played like they were being possessed by something, running all over the field, trying to wipe the grass with the other team. Chen almost got into a fight with this adorable looking guy with huge eyes while Minseok was kicking the ball at the goal like he was trying to murder the poor, but seriously hot guy who was trying to defend it. I don't know what they drank today but my God.... they were like crazy. And by the way, you made a huge mistake. The other team was some serious supermodel material. Well, they were.... before our guys got their hands on them.“

„ Well, if all of them were like the one I met, they had it coming to them.“ Yeon Hee muttered under her breath, still not looking away from the screen this time seeing there was some kind of a fight between the main characters.

„ What did you say Yeon Hee? I couldn't hear you, the boys were being loud, wait...“ Yeon Hee suddenly heard Ji An yelling at Min Woo's friends who were chanting something in the background, making Yeon Hee move the phone from her ear so she doesn't have her eardrums pierced.

„ Guys, could you shut up for a second, I am trying to have a conversation here!" She finally stopped yelling and sighed, speaking in a normal voice again.

„ What was that again, Yeon Hee?“ Yeon Hee turned down the volume of the TV because the woman on the screen just started sobbing and crying her eyes out. She took another sip of her coffee, snuggling into her little blanket before she responded.

„ Nothing important. Ji An-ah, you vixen..... I thought you were head over heels for Luhan, why the hell are you checking out other guys?“

„ Yeon Hee, I am not blind, even I have to notice some serious hotness. But don't worry I was watching him too. He actually scored once and he helped Minseok to score the other goal for the win. Ah, my clever athletic sweetheart.....“ Yeon Hee rolled her eyes in response, shaking her head in disbelief. She stretched out her legs while looking at the screen where a commercial for curry ramen noodles just came on. They can be cooked in an minute. Interesting. Maybe she could buy that, God knows she didn't get to eat it yesterday. Wait a minute....

„ Is Soo Ae there? I have to ask her about the tutoring.“

„ Yeah, sure...wait a minute. Soo Ae, get over here, Yeon Hee wants to talk to you about the tutoring.“ There was some shuffling noises on the other side before Soo Ae picked up the phone, her voice nothing short of an innocent whisper.

„ Grandma, is that you?“ Yeon Hee scoffed in return, taking another stick from the bag, frowning at the thought of how much she had eaten already.

„ Grandma is going to whoop your , hoe. When did you think of coming over?“

„ Well, I kinda thought we could do it tommorow afternoon, around three? By the way..... Ji An and I were talking about going to the mall after that and forcing you to come with us. I have to buy a dress for my cousin's third wedding. You know, third time is the charm.“ Yeon Hee frowned on the other side, pouting her lips when she let out a high pitched whine.

„ Shopping, Soo Ae? Why.....“

„ Come on Yeon Hee-ah, it's not going to be that awful. We can even go to the movies after we're done. I'll buy you an ice cream if you come.“ Yeon Hee sighed looking at the candy in front of her. Yeah, because she needed more sweets in her life. She rustled her hair before responding with a slightly dissatisfied expression on her face.

„ Fine, I'll make an appearance. But for Christ's sake, don't let Ji An choose the movie again. If I have to watch another chick flick I'll throw myself under a bus.“

„ I am right there with you, girl.“ Soo Ae responded silently, sighing on the other side. The silence stretched out for a little while before Soo Ae interrupted it, curiosity obvious in her voice.

„ Yeon Hee, are you still there?“ Yeon Hee snapped herself out of her thoughts, biting her lip for a quick moment.

„ Yeah, I am. Listen...do you happen to know if anybody took pictures or a video of what happened in the cafeteria yesterday?“ Soo Ae chuckled on the other side before responding in an amused tone of voice.

„ What, you force feeding Minseok your lunch? I would be terribly disappointed in our colleagues if they didn't. Why?“

„ I was just thinking if you could get that for me with your journalist connections.“ Soo Ae was the daughter of a media mogul and she was the main editor of their school newspaper, so she  naturally knew everything about everyone.

„ Why?“ Soo Ae repeated her question on the other side, sounding suspicious. There was a loud sigh on the other side when she realized what Yeon Hee's silence actually meant.

„ It isn't over, is it? Between you two?“

„ Well...... not really. We are kinda at war right now.“ Yeon Hee admitted silently, drinking a sip of her coffee while watching the end credits of the historical drama on the TV.

„ For 's sake, Yeon Hee why didn't you tell us? I mean, I understand why you didn't tell Ji An, knowing how.....dramatic she can get, but you could have at least told me!“ Soo Ae hissed at her over the phone, sounding frustrated as hell. Yeon Hee took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a long moment before explaining.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter