Chapter 32- Girls night in/ Boys night out

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Public announcement from the author. Be responsible when drinking. You don't want to end up like these crazy people.

*********************************

Yeon Hee leaned her hands on the table and sighed deeply, looking at the food in front of her which she was supposed to bring to the living room where Soo Ae and Ji An were laughing about something profusely for the last couple of minutes. But she wasn't there with them now. No, she was hiding out in the kitchen trying to collect the pieces of her reason for the last 10 minutes. God, I am losing my mind. She caught a glimpse of her right hand and clenched it, remembering the punch again. At least it wasn't red like the first time she punched a Kim, probably because the jackass put ice on it. Her breath hitched in and she groaned, closing her eyes and gripping the edge of table. When she told her best friends what she had done Soo Ae laughed saying Minseok's asshat of a brother totally deserved it because he was a giant bastard while Ji An covered in shock and held her a half hour lesson about physical violence. But they thought she did it because he had insulted her. The problem was....she didn't. She bit her lip and took a deep breath, shaking her head in frustration. It was a part of her she tried to control so much, the instict to protect was burning in her since she was a child, something completely incompatible with the whole coldhearted demon thing. She still remembers middle school, when she was 12 and she knocked down a bully who was beating a younger kid with her backpack. Her mother had to come to school for her and Yeon Hee seriously expected she was in trouble for what she did. But her mother just sighed and rustled her hair a little, buying her ice cream.

„ Sweetie, what did eomma say about physical violence?“ Yeon Hee shrugged her shoulders.

„ He had it coming.“

„ Oh did he now? Why do you think that?“

„ He was beating him like a bean bag, eomma! What was I supposed to do, stay and watch? I can't do that. I can't...I can't just ignore something like that.“ Her mother smiled a little, getting up from the park bench before approaching her side, her gaze locked on her only daughter as she spoke with a hint of pride in her voice.

„ Eomma's little warrior seeking justice in the world. How can such a kind heart be hidden behind that wicked exterior?“ Yeon Hee laughed out loud at her mother's words, almost choking on her ice cream.

„ I don't think I have a heart eomma, much less a kind one.“ She got up from the bench and her mother flicked her forehead, pulling her into a side hug before whispering in her ear.

„ Don't think you are not grounded this weekend."

„ Eomma, me staying in the house for the whole weekend is more of a punishment for you.“ She snickered a little and wiggled her eyebrows playfully at her mother who sighed once before speaking in an exasperated tone.

„ You are such a brat, you know that?“ Yeon Hee broke away from her embrace with a smile and smirked, winking at her.

„ Oh, I know that...... But eomma, you haven't even seen half of it.“ She flipped her hair in arrogance before running away from her, hearing her mother mumble curses in her chin for a second before following her, enveloping her in a tight embrace, causing Yeon Hee to giggle a little as she tickled her sides.

„ You might be a sassy brat but eomma still knows what makes you tick, Yeon Hee-ah...“

„ Yah, that's unfair!“ Yeon Hee said, catching her breath trying to break away from her with an adorable pout on her lips.

„ Oh, and what are you going to do about it?“

„ Wait and see. You should sleep with one eye open tonight, eomma.“ Her mother's clear laugh echoed through the park, filling Yeon Hee's heart with warmth as she looked up at her. Her mother was just dazzling when she smiled. She was her own personal sun, keeping her warm and safe, no matter how much of an awful brat she was. And she really was an awful child. And she was always proud of that.

Yeon Hee returned to reality and shook her head, trying to shake of the memories and the little sparks of pain in her chest when she heard her mother's voice in her head again. Little warrior seeking justice. God...... she was still like that. After all this time. She sighed, a wrinkle showing on her forehead as she gripped the root of her nose. People usually thought she wanted to be a lawyer to finally surpass her father or to have an excuse to tear people down, because that's what coldhearted demons did. But it wasn't like that..... at least not always. Ever since she was a kid, she wanted to protect the ones who needed it. The ones who thought of themselves as too weak to defend on their own. She was just made that way, God knows why. Another unfortunate mixture of genes right there. But Kim Minseok wasn't weak. He didn't need her protection. She didnt't want to protect him. But there she was, shaking with anger and she ing lost it. You are....ing terrifying. She clenched her fist on the table, remembering his tone of voice when he stared deep into her eyes and she felt like he was seeing something he shouldn't have, something she kept secret for all this time. You know what's really ing terrifying? How stupid you are, Yeon Hee. You don't even need him to ruin your mental health, you are doing the job perfectly well on your own. Such an idiot. She picked up a rice cake and started to eat it, trying to erase that stupid image from her stupid head, the image of him laughing and the feeling of relief when he finally did.

„ Minseok smiles a lot these days, more than I've seen in years.“ She heard Luhan's voice behind her when she went to fetch him a glass water while they were waiting for the nurse to come check up on him.

„ Well, he is the joy out of me, so he might as well feel happy.“ She responded snarkily, not turning around but hearing Luhan laugh behind her.

„ God, no wonder all of my friends are crazy about you.“ She turned around, raising her eyebrow in suspicion.

„ No, I am pretty sure they are just crazy.“ He nodded, wincing at the pain the movement caused him.

„ No argument there. But seriously.....you changed us. All of us. Even...even Min.“ She felt something tensing inside of her chest as she approached him, giving him the water while frowning in confusion.

„ I don't know what you are talking about. He is the same arrogant, sneaky, irritating son of a he always was.“

„Yeah, that seems like a pretty accurate description.“ He nodded drinking his water but then he put the cup on the bedside table and turned to her, staring right into her eyes.

 „You should be careful, Yeon Hee.“ She scoffed, looking away in an irritated fashion.

„ Of him? Why should I? I am not afraid of him. I never was.“

„  And that's exactly why you should be careful, Yeon Hee. You made him stop and look at you.“

„ Can't he look away already?“ She said, rolling her eyes when the nurse finally entered the room and she could swear she heard Luhan silently mumble in his chin something that sounded a lot like....can he really.

She snapped back to reality when she heard Soo Ae from the living room, yelling and chuckling at something Ji An said. She smiled a little to herself hearing the noise, feeling her insides warm up. She missed this. She missed just being with her friends, laughing and being weird. It seemed ages since they had a relaxing, comfortable time together. Get your head out of your and join them then, you moron. She heard Soo Ae turning up the music and she heard a familiar start of a familiar song. Yeon Hee smiled widely and slid her way into the living room to see Soo Ae standing in the middle of the room and Ji An on the couch, looking at her expectantly when the song started with a familiar verse.

 „ You don't love me....“ Soo Ae curled up her finger to beckon her closer as SPICA started to play with one of their favourite songs.

 „ Today I am ready ......you don't love me.....“ Yeon Hee waved her finger at Soo Ae, playing hard to get, causing her to roll her eyes as Ji An stood  up on the couch, starting to pull off the dance moves and lip syncing to the song.

„ In the end it's a simple story....“ Yeon Hee couldn't supress a laugh seeing her best friends being crazy as hell, like everytime they were together. To an outsider it would seem strange that three crazy girls were laughing their asses off to a break up song but to an insider it was...it was still weird in all honesty but hilarious. The sassy princess, the kind artist and the coldhearted demon were all so different from each other and yet the only time when they felt really complete was when they were together. No matter how much their personalities clashed sometimes, in the end they were always inseparable. Soo Ae was currently moving her hips and rolling her eyes, acting out the dance in her grey silk top and short pants while Ji An nailed the move in her baby blue pajamas before Yeon Hee finally took over the rap part, winking at the girls, trying to act seductive like the singer in the song, passing her hand on her body covered by a black T shirt with a wolf on it and black leggings to her knees, causing Ji An to almost choke from laughing at her over the top seductiveness. I know. My iness is beyond words.

„ I need your love, love...“ Soo Ae stepped in the front of the living room, putting her palms up and imitating the dance move as she lip synced her next verse.

„ I want your genuine heart.“

„ I need your love, love.“ Ji An raised her arm singing the next verse.

„ But why are you doing this?“

„ I need your love, love.“ Yeon Hee shuffled  her arms, stepping in.

„ Can't you love me just the way I am?“ She twirled around, finally breaking her character and grabbing Ji An's hand while Soo Ae was lip syncing to the high note, overdramatizing it and falling to her knees, causing Yeon Hee to fall on her laughing, dragging Ji An down to the floor with her. Soon enough, all three of them were rolling on the floor, dying of laughter while the song was finishing.

„ I think this was one of our best performances.“ Ji An said, catching her breath and giggling in the process.

„ Such talent.“ Yeon Hee said, still laughing. Soo Ae nodded, putting her feet over Ji An's.

„ We just put all those idols to shame.“  They laughed again like crazy people they were when Soo Ae suddenly slapped Yeon Hee's thigh.

„ Yah, demon, where is the food?“ Oh, right. Yeon Hee whined getting up when Soo Ae chuckled a little, dragging her look all over her figure with an obvious smirk on her face.

„ I have questions about your choice of attire, Yeon Hee. You are dressed all in black, like the grim reaper himself and then there are these bright yellow socks to top it all off.“ Yeon Hee looked down at her feet and raised her eyebrow.

„ Don't insult my socks.“ Ji An pulled herself up and scratched her head, frowning as she thought about her next words.

„ Even after four years, I still don't get it. Sometimes.... I still don't get you.“Yeon Hee pulled on Ji An's nose a little, causing her to whine in response.

„  Because I am nothing short of a mystery. I am like a dark, cold, unapproachable lake whose bottom you can't ever see.  People think when they see me walking down the street...looking scary and making people cry that they have me all figured out. But all the while, underneath that all...I am wearing yellow socks." She whispered dramatically but Ji An didn't seem to appreciate her idiotic response as she slapped her hand away from her nose.

„ Oh, please, you are insufferable.“ Yeon Hee pulled her in to kiss her cheek with a loud smacking noise and wink at her playfully.

„ You still adore me.“

„ Not more than you adore me.“  Ji An responded smugly, causing Soo Ae to laugh again while Yeon Hee pointed at her with a frown appearing on her face.

„ She is spending too much time with you, Soo Ae. She is becoming sassy and .“

„ Oh, pin that on me...demon.“

„ I am right here.“ Ji An scoffed, glancing between them.

„ It's your fault...princess.“ Soo Ae gritted her teeth, glaring at her as Yeon Hee challenged her with the nickname she despised more than anything in the world, except the lack of bubble tea, people being late and the adjective cute.

„ You wanna play, partner?“ Oh, no you didn't. She narrowed her eyes at Soo Ae, biting her lip.

„ Bring. It. On.“ Suddenly Ji An pulled them both by their hair, causing them both to whine.

„ Ouch.....Ji An!!!!“

„ Yah!“

„ You two.....so childish, both of you.“ Soo Ae pouted a little, leaning away so she can look at Ji An's stern face.

„ She started it.“ Ji An pinched her nose and shook her head in disapproval.

„ And you should know better.“ Yeon Hee laughed at Soo Ae, sticking her tongue out at her before pulling away from Ji An's grip.

„ And you! Why don't you use those yellow feet to bring some food over here finally?“ Yeon Hee frowned a little, fixing her clothes before raising her palms up in defeat.

„ Fine. Fine. I am going. Give it a rest with my socks already, jeez...“ Soo Ae smirked at her while raising her eyebrow.

„ Why don't you just admit that you like the color. We won't judge. That hard.“

„ Uhm, no.“ Yeon Hee said, shuffling away from them, waving her comment off.

„ Didn't you say the last time we were drinking that it reminded you of the stars in your room and gave you a warm fuzzy feeling in your chest?“ She heard Soo Ae behind her and she turned around quickly to hiss at her, her lips raised in an annoyed curve.

„ Oh, that you can remember, hoe. But you can't remember that I have those pictures of your blond hair from that summer before high school?“ Soo Ae widened getting up with an icy glare directed towards Yeon Hee.

„ Don't you dare."

„ Maybe I will. Who knows, maybe ChenChen would like to see that?"  She wiggled her eyebrows at her, beginning to laugh and Soo Ae quickly followed her lead with Ji An sighing on the floor, already fed up with the teasing nature of their friendship.

„ You two are just impossible.“ Yeon Hee shrugged her shoulders, going into the kitchen before responding nonchalantly.

„ And just for the record, the other more important part of that fuzzy feeling crap was that yellow reminds me of m&m's with peanuts...that yellow package. And you know how much I love that .“

„ I am feeling a headache coming on.“ He heard Ji An mumbling from the living room as Yeon Hee picked up the tray of rice cakes. Soon enough she heard Soo Ae lowering the music and speaking up.

 „ Speaking of Chen.....I need to tell you something.“ Yeon Hee turned her head to the living room, feeling uneasy at the tone in her voice.

„ I kissed Chen.“

„ You what?!“ Both Ji An and Yeon Hee screamed, one from the living room, the other in the kitchen as she dropped the tray and ran into the living room with wide open. KISSED HIM?

„ What?!“

„ When?!“

„ How?!“

„ I am going to kill you, Kang Soo Ae!“ She scoffed pointing down on the floor.

„ If you are done, maybe I can tell you about it.“ Yeon Hee narrowed her eyes at her and wobbled down on the floor next to Ji An who grabbed the bottles of soju from behind her and dealt them out. Soo Ae took one and drank from it slowly before speaking up, not looking anywhere in particular.

„ On Wednesday....“

„ Wait, Wednesday, as in two days ago? As in, you kept it a secret from us for two days?!“ Ji An said, raising her voice. Oh, oh, oh...what the ? Soo Ae shrugged her shoulders.

„ I didn't think it was that important.“ LIAR. That wasn' it.

„ Or....you needed time to think about it. Is that why you've been so pensive lately? Not laughing at my awesome jokes the last two days? And let me tell you....I was on fire.“ Yeon Hee frowned at Soo Ae who rolled her eyes. Bingo.

„ Anyway, on Wednesday when Chen and I pulled that off with the MinHee poster and the confetti....“

„ .“ Yeon Hee said, flipping her the bird.

„ Chen and I were running from you two and we were hiding on the third floor, near the principal's office.“

„ I ing told him you went upstairs...but noooo....he was sure he saw you going to the sports wing. Idiot.“ Ji An pinched Yeon Hee to shut her up.

„ So there we were laughing, hearing you two argue two stories down where we went....“

„ Again. .“ Yeon Hee said shying away from Ji An who tried to pinch her again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter