Chapter 8- Before the storm

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was too quiet. Everything was way too peaceful. Like the sea right before the storm. Like the air right before a downpour. Like Soo Ae right before an English test. Like....well, that was enough of halfassed metaphors. Yeon Hee looked around when she approached her locker, waiting to see if anybody will jump at her. She opened her locker before she sighed in relief seeing that everything was in it's place. She half expected a dead body inside. Or a hanged puppet with her name on it. She jumped up when some idiot from third year slammed his locker door loudly, startling her in the process. He quickly bowed when he saw the glare she gave gim before running away, avoiding to look at her again. Yeon Hee closed her eyes for a second, trying to calm herself, trying to convince herself that she was ready for this. She had been listening to  the Eye of the tiger the whole evening before. She may or may not have pictured herself as Rocky Balboa. But that embarrassing detail didn't matter right now.

She switched the books from the locker with the books from the  backpack and closed the locker door locking it three times, just in case someone decided to mess with it. She frowned at her eerily silent surroundings, almost starting to scream from frustration. You know when a person says they are going to break you, you kinda expect them, you know, trying to break you. But nothing was happening! Absolutely nothing. Just a regular Monday morning, without her being pushed off the stairs, having eggs thrown at her, hearing insults, being poisoned... People were just passing her by, not looking at her anymore, probably already forgetting the incident from Thursday. After all, it's been 4 whole days. The school started an hour ago and Yeon Hee was still alive and even though she heard some rumors about Minseok's ed up lips and her possible involvement in the incident leading  to the injury, people were under the impression nothing more was going to happen. Eish! What is that idiot doing? She bit the inside of , something she often did when she was nervous. Was this his plan, frustrating her to the death while she waits for something to happen? A person would at least think he would thank her for the little gift she left him at the door of soccer team play room. It was a thoughtful gift, a map of the school with written instructions to his table in the cafeteria so he wouldn't get lost again. OK, maybe he didn't like the fact they were written for a four year old kindergarten brat with bright colours and rhymes. But a simple "thank you" was at least expected. 

She scoffed  while walking to her advanced Japanese class that was at school's left wing, still bitting the inside of her cheek. All of a sudden the door on her right opened and the person she was constantly cursing the last couple of days, the person who cost her some sleep last night was leaving the classroom. He looked her straight in the eyes with a completely unreadable expression on his face. His lips looked a little bit better now, unfortunately, so Yeon Hee couldn't help wishing that she had just broken his nose. Her heart skipped a beat again when he passed next to her, completely ignoring her. He was followed by Tao who had a y smirk on his face and Chen, who had a wide smile on his lips, wiggling his eyebrows at her. She got a bad feeling in her chest watching the jackass walk away, acting like he totally forgot about her existence. What is that jerk thinking? And how is she supposed to plan her defense if she doesn't know from which direction the attack is going to come from, or where it's going to be directed?

„ Yeon Hee?“ She suddenly heard the voice behind her and quickly turned around to face the person who called her.

„ Min Ho?“ The tall slender guy with a relaxed smile on his face raised his eyebrow at her.

„ Did you forget the brain storm was today, third period?“ Oh, the monthly „brain storm“ like principal Lee called it. , that was today?

Once a month the very eager principal held the meeting of presidents of every club in the school, leaders of different programs and captains of different sport teams who were all supposed to discuss rationally about the finances of each club and talk about improving their relationships with each other.  But, it all usually turned to hell as soon as the easily bored principal left for some important administrative business resulting in them being left alone. Then the battle would start, mostly between the art program led by always slightly high Choi Young Ho and every captain of every sport team in the school. Both groups were flaunting their results, usually with some very graphic insults while they demanded more funding. Sometimes they even had to be physically separated.The other groups, like the school newspaper crew, where Soo Ae was in charge and the debate club where Yeon Hee was the president, the cultural appreciation club, the charity club and all the other clubs were there mostly for show and final voting. Yeon Hee has been known to bring popcorn and chips for the drama days and a small pillow for the slow days. Oh, hell, it's the last Monday in January. Of course it's today. Like I don't have my hands full already with the jackass. ing extracarricular activites that look good on a resume.

„ Oh, yeah, right. That's today.“ Awesome. Min Ho, the leader of the track team smiled at her, leaning closer, acting like he was giving up a government secret when he whispered to her.

„ It's going to be fun today. I heard Choi Young Ho has a new strategy for his pottery loving friends to get more money. To buy new, God I don't know what the hell he was talking about, some kind of an oven I guess.“ Yeon Hee rolled her eyes in response, already knowing the headache was going to show up soon.

„ Of course he does. When doesn't he? Monday morning and Choi Young Ho. Just what I needed today.“ Min Ho chuckled in return before crossing his arms, looking at her with a teasing smile.

„ I just wanted to remind you in case you forgot your popcorns.“ Oh, yeah, I did. Damn...

„ You could have done it earlier, Min Ho.“ She looked at him sternly, curving her lips into a smirk.

„ You seemed rather.....busy lately. I did not want to disturb you." Subtle, Min Ho. A+ for effort.

„ Being a lazy smartass does take a lot out of person, i dare say.“ She answered, clearly avoiding the very obvious connotations Min Ho had in mind. If the douchebag can act like nothing was happening, so can she. She nodded at him as a goodbye before going to her class.This was going to be fun. NOT.

An hour later she found herself in the conference room on the third floor with Soo Ae sitting next to her watching the captain of the basketball team Kang Shil Il and the always delightful Choi Young Ho at each other's throats. Yeon Hee looked at her watch and checked the clock at the wall. Seriously, only 15 minutes had passed?

„ Why does your team of ogers need anymore money? You need more money for the tents you call jerseys?“ Yeon Hee barely supressed a giggle, turning to look at Soo Ae who was laughing in her hand for the last 5 minutes. Everybody else had the same expression on their faces, looking both amused and fed up with everything. Yeon Hee met Luhan's gaze from the other side of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter