Chapter 28- Good cop, bad cop

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„ Today?!“ Yeon Hee knew her eyes were open in shock and disbelief as she stared at Hae Sook who nodded with her cheeks being ruby red and tears almost glistening in her eyes causing Soo Ae to give Yeon Hee a warning look. Yeon Hee, put a muzzle on it. Yeon Hee sighed and smiled reassuringly at Hae Sook, trying to correct her mistake.

„ I am sorry for yelling, Hae Sook, you just caught me by surprise.“

„ I tried c-calling you yesterday s-sunbaenim, but you didn't answer your phone.“ Stuttering again. Good job Yeon Hee. She was doing fine before you pulled a banshee on her.

„ I was......busy.“ Busy binge watching House of Cards while I should have been reading the reports Soo Ae send me about the amusement park. But here I thought I had time to read them, I wasn't aware I had to go talk to that today. Oh, her life is starting to seem like a big cosmic joke.

„ He s-said  he had important family business in Gangwon and that he can't wait anymore for us..uhm....i-indecisive children to handle busines.“

„ Last week he went to Busan, this week he goes to Gangwon, expecting we would just roll over and respect his stupid schedule and his even more absurd conditions? I haven't seen someone so arrogant since the last time I looked at myself in the mirror.“ Soo Ae rolled her eyes at her comment while rereading the article one of her underlings gave her, marking something on the paper.

„ He said he was going away on Thursday and that this was our last chance to talk to him. So, I- I panicked and told him we would meet today. I k-know you must be busy sunbaenim, so I could go and...“ Yeon Hee shook her head in refusal.

„ No. I said I would do it. After all, I went through a lot of trouble of finding out everything about them. It's going to be fine, you'll see. Trust me.“ She smiled at Hae Sook who was obviously panicking in front of her, playing with her sleeves while leaning on Soo Ae's editor desk in the press room.They managed to get principal's permisson to skip a class or two again to arrange everything involving media coverage for the charity. While Soo Ae was describing how the editorial would look in their school newspaper and the article that will be published in her father's newspaper, Hae Sook dropped the bomb that the meeting with that irritating jackass from the amusement park should be held on that day, Wednesday. And the materials that Soo Ae send Yeon Hee yesterday were the size of a Bible. And she barely started getting through them. Oh, God, why?! Why me, why.....

„ Are you sure sunbaenim? I am terribly sorry...“

„ Stop apologizing, Hae Sook. I have it all taken care off. Don't worry about that. Now, you are going to miss even more classes if you don't get a move on. I'll call you later, OK?“ She gently patted her back and Hae Sook nodded, smiling shyly at her before closing the door behind her.

„ So, how screwed are you?“ Yeon Hee heard Soo Ae's calm voice behind her as she closed her eyes while the noise of two journalists who were unfortunate enough to be dragged out of the class because of this filled her ears in combination with the light music, obviously chosen by Soo Ae because it was Shinee. Well, on a scale from 1 to being completely screwed......I broke the scale.

„ Did you see the amount of materials you send me?! I barely started reading through them. The media coverage, the employee profiles and don't even get me started on the financial records!“

„ You did ask for everything.“ Soo Ae responded snarkily, not looking away from the article. Yeon Hee puffed her cheeks and pointed a finger at her in accusation before hissing.

„ It took you long enough.“

„ Wow, hoe, take your iness down a notch. It's not my fault that the financial records were sealed for public. I got that as fast as I could.“ Soo Ae scoffed behind her before grabbing her finger and squeezing it in punishment because Yeon Hee had annoyed her. Yeon Hee took a deep breath and leaned on the table next to her. It's not Soo Ae's fault she totally ignored doing it yesterday because she wanted to watch the political show that is House of Cards.

„ I am sorry, Soo Ae, it's just....ugh. I thought I had time. I was planning to go on Friday, knowing everything about them. I wanted to go crush this jerk's family jewels into dust. I didn't even start reading the reports yet and I need to go talk to him today, for 's sake.“

„ Yeon Hee, we both know you can handle him without that. You don't need any of the I got you to take him out.“ Yeon Hee let her hair down and scratched her head while biting her lower lip.

„ I am not going to do it halfassed! Did you see the amount of he's trying to pull on us? The conditions he is trying to set? He is going to cry behind a corner and ask for his mommy when I am done with him. I am going to find each and every one of his week spots and strike at them until he pees his pants and agrees to anything I say. Because that's what he deserves for pissing me off.“

 „ Oh, please, like it's about that manager. You are just trying to compensate for losing on Friday. Your ego is bruised and you are trying to wreck this jackass to handle the fact that you couldn't handle that jackas.“ Soo Ae reponded at her nonchalantly before turning to her computer. Yeon Hee jumped up and raised her voice.

„ My ego is perfectly fine, thank you very much! Why do you have to go and mention that son of a when I am facing real problems here?“

„ I just thought it was something you overlooked.“

„ Thank you for your valuable insight, Dr. Freud but if we could return to the real problem here, like how the am I going to go through all of that to find his weak spots.“ Soo Ae shrugged her shoulders while looking at the cover page for the new edition of their school newspaper.

„ Not even you can go through all of that alone in time.“ Well.....that's kind of the point.

„ Not alone, no.“ Yeon Hee said with her eyebrow raised while she was looking at Soo Ae who smirked a little, not glancing away from her computer screen.

„ No.“

„ Ah, come on Soo Ae! You are the only one who can read through their business reports and understand what the hell is going on except me in this ing school. I need you to help me with this.“

„ I told you I am busy. This newspaper, my father's newspaper, not to mention the Student Council is being troublesome again, which you would know if you went there like you should have, not forcing me and Ji An to go instead.“ Soo Ae furrowed her eyebrows at her, rolling her eyes in annoyance while Yeon Hee shrugged her shoulders.

„ Forcing is a strong word. But that's not the point here. Nobody in this school can analyze their business so I can use it against him, except you. No, this whole school is filled with singers, painters, journalists, dancers, actors, soccer players, basketball players and God knows what else but there is not a single person who can read a ing chart of their annual income and know what it's all about.“

„ What about that your vicepresident in the debate club, that Japanese kid?“

„ Okimura? He has been sick since last Thursday.“

„ Well, then you are screwed. Unless....“ This time Soo Ae turned to her with a coy smile on her face  as she twirled her hair again. Oh, no, no, no, no,no......! Don't even mention that possibility.

„ No.“ Yeon Hee said, crossing her arms and shaking her head.

„ I would rather cut my heart out with a blunt spoon than go ask him.“

„ Suit yourself then. I am just telling you, he has been taught to read financial reports from his company since he was 10. If there is something who can do it better than me, it's him.“

„ Do you not hear yourself talking, Soo Ae?! It's him for 's sake!“ Suddenly everybody unlucky enough to be in the room with them glanced at her and it only took one icy look from her to make them bury their heads so deep in the computer screens that she thought they would disappear inside. Yeon Hee started walking behind Soo Ae's back, her voice raising with every word.

„ Did you forget that he is the most obnoxious bastard to ever walk on this planet? Did you forget that he is the only person in this school I should never, ever ask a favour from. Isn't it enough I have to see that discusting grin everytime I see him, everytime I sit at that lunch table with that bastard looking at me all high and mighty?! And you want me to go ask him?! If he even sniffs out I need this badly, he is going to make my life even more hellish.“ Soo Ae just nodded at everything she said while Yeon Hee continued to walk around, the bitterness slipping from her tongue.

„ I can't do it. I won't ask him. I will have to do it alone then.“

„ You are good, Yeon Hee, but there is no time. If you insist on doing it alone, you need to give up on the idea of finding all of his weak spots.“

„ And what if this becomes a regular thing, this charity collaboration? It is a possibility, if we pull it off this year. If it does become an annual thing, does it mean that the moment I am gone he is going to impose all sort of ridiculous conditions in the future? No, I need to crush him so badly now that he will never dare to mess with this school again.“

 „ If you insist so much in making him suffer there is only one way for you. Ask Minseok to help you.“

„ Just the mere words make me want to throw up.“ Yeon Hee mumbled, biting her lip while looking at Soo Ae who returned her gaze to her computer.

„ You know what he is going to ask in return.“ Yeon Hee continued with an annoyed sigh. Aegyo. She is getting the chills again.

 „ Count your lucky stars if that's the only thing he is going to ask for.“ Oh, God, that's true. If he even get's close to finding out that she has no other choice...she is doomed.

Yeon Hee scoffed again while walking behind Soo Ae, almost making the floor cave in behind her before she stopped walking abruptly.

„ On an totally unrelated note, do you happen to know where I can find his assholness?“ Soo Ae smirked while looking back at her.

„ They are training now.“

„ What? It's the middle of school and they are training?“ Soo Ae shrugged her shoulders.

„ Coach Oh convinced the principal they need to train harder than ever to win the championship. And her heroes got a pass to skip classes once a week for training purposes.“

„ Meanwhile, Tao misprounces potato and emotion on a regular basis because he skips Korean language and literature. Not to mention the other idiots. Those morons can't afford to skip anymore classes.“

„ Says the person who uses every opportunity to skip classes herself.“ Yeon Hee flipped her hair behind her shoulder and smirked.

„ That's different. I already know everything.“ Soo Ae rolled her eyes and turned to her computer again.

„ I am pretty sure they are going to be done now, before lunch break. If you go now, you can catch him before he takes a shower. Unless you want to see him shower.“ Her voice grew smug in the end but Yeon Hee just smiled kindly in return.

„ Only if he is showering in sulphoric acid.“

„ You always have to ruin everything, Yeon Hee.“ Soo Ae said with a dissatisfied frown on her face.

„ I live for those moments. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go play the biggest jackass in Korea.“ She started walking away when Soo Ae yelled behind her.

„ Go, Team MinHee! You can do it!“ The door opened up and one of the journalists, who was bringing chocolate bubble tea to Soo Ae because she claimed she couldn't focus without it, stopped in her tracks in front of Yeon Hee. Yeon Hee snatched the drink away from the very confused and scared girl and showed it to Soo Ae.

„  This is for the MinHee thing.“ Soo Ae jumped up and ran towards her.

„ No! Yeon Hee you bi....“ She waved with the bubble tea and rushed out hearing Soo Ae yelling obscenities behind her. Yeah, well, we all have problems. Mine is that I have to go see the boy I despise most on this world and somehow convince him to do me a favour, without actually realizing he is doing me a favour. Nice. It took her five minutes of slurping bubble tea to finally walk up to the sports wing of the building where she had to play delivery girl a while ago. Soo Ae said they should have been done with the training by now and Yeon Hee was currently frowning, trying to figure out a way to make him do what she wanted. There is no way in hell I can get out of this without doing something in return, no matter how much I play him. Oh, God, she will have to do aegyo for real this time. He is not going to let it slide again. And she only got 5 days of feeling smug because she cheated him out of it on Friday. He is so....not letting it go this time. Come o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter