Chapter 25- The big guns

Pride and Prejudice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

So one of you lovely readers named arwahh made some fan art about my fanfic. This is how she imagined Soo Ae and you willl see why I put it above this chapter. Isn't it awesome? I really like it, it's spot on how I imagined her. If you want to check out the very talented artist she goes by the name h.a.a.a.a on Instagram. Her last drawing is honestly my favourite. I hope you get to see it, next chapter.

 

Wednesday

 

Yeon Hee glanced at Min Ho who was getting up from the table and he nodded back with a confident smile on his face beforeSoo Ae tugged on Yeon Hee's tie and raised her eyebrow at her in question. Min Ho approached Luhan, starting a conversation with him with everybody around them leaving the meeting room where another quick brain storming session had been held third period. The lunch bell just rang and people were rushing to the cafeteria, leaving only a couple of people behind, like Hae Sook who was currently talking with the leader of the musical program, second in line after Choi Young Ho in the art program or Min Ho and Luhan who were talking about soccer probably, seeing how enthusiastic Luhan has become.

„ Is he in?“ Soo Ae whispered in Yeon Hee's ear who then proceeded to grab Soo Ae's arm, leaving the room.

„ Do you doubt my skills?“  Yeon Hee carefully paced her steps, not looking at Min Ho who followed them oustide, still talking with Luhan.

„ So what do I get in return?“ Min Ho asked, leaning on the wall behind him.

„ What do you want?“ Yeon Hee asked with a small smile on her lips. Min Ho laughed a little before rustling his black hair.

„ The great coldhearted demon owing me a favour. Now that's something.“

„ Imagine how useful it could be.“ Yeon Hee said, crossing her arms on her chest.

„ Seeing how you managed to get the whole basketball team to play at the charity instead of the soccer team, I dare say, yes it would be quite useful.“

„ So it's a deal?“

„ So what do I need to do, exactly?“

„ Stall him. Pace your steps according to ours. Don't be too close, but don't be too far. The point is he has to hear us.“

„ Hear what exactly?“

„ Now, now, Min Ho. That's not the part of the deal now is it?“ He laughed a little at her comment and nodded.

„ Was there ever a chance for me refusing you?“

„ I knew you would be smarter than that.“ She winked at him and entered the meeting room, hearing him silently giggling behind her. Soo Ae opened her little mirror acting like she was checking out her make up.

„ It's good. They are at the hearing distance.“ She whispered silently at Yeon Hee who smiled and winked at her in return, mouthing showtime. Soo Ae closed her mirror and threw her arms in the air, trying to show her fake dissatisfaction.

„ So she told me she doesn't know what to do anymore. She doesn't like waiting and this...“

„ Well, Ji An always prefered decisive boys.“ She could almost feel Luhan's ears perking up behind her at the mere mention of her name.

„ She is growing impatient now, waiting for him to finally ask her. Min Woo told me Kang Shil Il is thinking of asking her to go with him to the dance instead. He seems pretty decisive about it.“

„ He is kinda cute. And sporty. She likes that.“

„ Not to mention he is manly. Ji An is a er for manly boys.“

„ So when is he going to ask her?“  Yeon Hee asked her causing Soo Ae to look at her watch and shrug.

„ I guess now, at lunch. After all, it's Wednesday and time is running out.“

„ He did seem to be in a hurry just now.“

„ Too bad she wasn't asked by the boy she actually likes.“

„ Well, he was taking his sweet time. So maybe it's better to go with basketball captain, isn't it?“

„ Well, Shil Il is still not there, right? So we don't actually know if she will accept him or not.“

„ Perhaps. But he is definitely not the only one on the list of boys who want to date her. All brave, decisive, manly boys.“ Suddenly there was a loud thump behind them and they turned around to see Luhan staring at them with shock in his brown eyes. Soo Ae covered in false surprise.

" OMO! I didn't know you were there..." Luhan glanced at them both before quickly nodding at Min Ho, his next words barely audible.

„ I have to...take care of....something.“ All of a sudden he ran ahead like he was being chased by all the demons from hell, running down the stairs and pushing people out of his way. Yeon Hee started laughing while shaking her head and Soo Ae gripped her stomach, barely able to catch her breath. Min Ho looked at them with disapproving amusement in his eyes.

„ You gave the poor guy a heart attack.“

„ You boys are so easily manipulated, it's not even entertaining anymore.“ Soo Ae said, still laughing at the situation.

„ I disagree. I am actually quite entertained.“ Yeon Hee quipped back, wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes.

„ No wonder everybody is scared of you.“ Min Ho continued to speak, shaking his head at them causing Yeon Hee to bump fists with Soo Ae before she smugly responded.

„ Of course they are. They should be.“

„ Is Shil Il really interested in Ji An?“ He asked them with a raised eyebrow making Soo Ae nod slightly in response, nonchalantly wrapping her hair around her finger.

„ Yes. But is he going to ask her at lunch today....well....“

„ We kinda improvised that one. But time is of the essence after all.“ Yeon Hee explained with a casual shrug causing Min Ho to shake his head again, trying to act like he didn't want to smile at their antics while they walked down the stairs.

„ I don't think Ji An will be thrilled to know you two meddled.“ Yeon Hee widened her eyes in false surprise and covered while Soo Ae just had a confused expression on her face.

„ Meddle? We just talked about the love interests of our best friend. Now, eavesdropping is bad thing. You know what they say. Who eavesdrops..“

„ Might hear something they don't want to hear.“ Yeon Hee finished Soo Ae's sentence, indifferently shrugging her shoulders. He sighed at them before rushing to meet his friends at the bottom of the staircase.

„ You two are seriously scary, you know that?“ Soo Ae blew him a kiss while Yeon Hee gave him a thumbs up, following slowly after him. Soo Ae gripped her arm, leaning her head on her shoulder when she spoke again.

„ He is right, you know? We can be seriously scary sometimes. If we didn't have Ji An to control us....“

„ We would unleash a reign of terror on this school. I am aware.“ Soo Ae snickered a little, raising her eyebrow mischeviously at her.

„ You already have that going for you, Fury.“

„ Says the person who not only joins me for half of my exploits but starts half of them just to be entertained.“ She chuckled in response, brushing her hair from her shoulder.

„ I told you, I get bored easily.“ They continued to walk down another flight of stairs, going to the ground floor, taking their time to join Ji An in the cafeteria. They are going to have to act surprised to hear the news of her date after all.

„ So the reports I asked you for yesterday....will you be able to get them for me?“ Yeon Hee asked patting So Ae's head before she hummed slightly in response.

„ You want both the financial reports and the...“

„ The newspaper articles. All of it.“

„ My, my, my, Fury, you are going to go all out on this one.“ Yeon Hee grinned wickedly before biting her lower lip.

„ Oh, yes. I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter