40. Agony

Agony

It’s almost a month since their first meeting with the HeeNim Jewel. A lot of preparation and practices had been done for the successful of the Greek Myth launch event. It was a very big event and also the biggest for the HeeNim Jewel because it’s the first time they produced a lot of sets of new jewels with the Greek Myth theme. It’s quite hectic for Krystal juggling the task between her own tight schedule plus the new one with the HeeNim Jewel and practicing her new song but luckily she can managed it with all the tension and her own emotionally distress.

The day of the event that everyone had been waiting for finally arrived. It was been held in one of the biggest hall at one of the 5 star hotel in Seoul. A lot of people already gathering in the hall, waiting for the event to start. All of them wearing their best formal outfits, some of them were from well-known company, some of it were relatives and friends with the highest person in HeeNim Jewel and some of them were the reporters, waiting for the great news for their cover whether it’s the magazine, paper or the internet. Amber and Taeng already been there, getting ready with their own camera. Though Amber’s heart can’t stop from rapidly beating and his body fidgeting when he aware that he’s going to meet her again. He tried to calm himself and focus on finishing his job but Taeng could sense it.

“Amber, you know we can take turn,” Taeng told him.

“What do you mean, hyung?” Amber asked him.

“I can take the first part of the event and you can take when it’s going to end,” Taeng said that to him.

“Hyung, if this about her that you’re worrying about, you don’t have to. I’m fine,” Amber assured him.

“I know. I’m just want to give you more time to prepare, besides you can take this time to enjoy yourself here for a while,” Taeng said that to him while squeezed his shoulder lightly. Amber looked at him and gave it a thought.

“Thanks, hyung. I’ll be around here if you need me,” Amber said that to Taeng while gave him a bitter smile before he disappeared in the crowd of people. Taeng only nodded to him and back to his camera.

Whilst in the dressing room, Krystal was getting ready for her first appearance in the event. Her make-up artist was giving her a final touch before she walked on the stage. Then, Tiffany came inside the room and gestured her hand to the make-up artist to leave her and Krystal alone. Tiffany went to stood beside Krystal that still sitting on one of the chair in front of the mirror.

“Are you ok?” Tiffany asked her.

“I’m good though this month quite drained me out,” Krystal answered her nonchalantly.

“Physically? Internally?” Tiffany questioned her again. This time more full of concern and worried. Krystal stay still and quiet for a moment. Now, she understand Tiffany real question.

“Physical, I’m fine. Internal, trying hard to be fine,” Krystal told her but her face was expressionless.

“Krys…” Tiffany called Krystal. Krystal quickly get up from her sit and turned her back to Tiffany.

“I don’t want to talk about it, unni. I just want to get this done,” Krystal told her. Someone knocked on the door, revealing one of the staff there.

“Krystal-shi, ten minutes more,” The staff told her. Krystal only nodded and following the staff leaving Tiffany behind in despaired. She only can sigh.

In the hall, the CEO of HeeNim Jewel were busy meeting peoples and greeted them. He approached a man that nicely dressed in his dark blue Calvin Klein suit. He greeted him and shook his hand. The other man accepted his hand.

“Mr. Kim, glad that you can make it,” HeeNim CEO told him.

“Yeah, luckily I did. I should support my artist too sometimes. Besides I can enjoy myself here, what a great event you have here, Hee Chul-shi,” He complimented him.

“Glad that you like it. This is one of our biggest event. Thanks to Krystal-shi for making our event more special,” Hee Chul said that to Jong Hyun before he leave him to greeted the other guest.

The light in the hall been adjusted to a little dim and the spot light was focused on the stage with a single striking looking man that nicely wrapped in his maroon Gucci suit.

“Good evening to ladies and gentleman. I’m Lee Teuk, your mc for tonight. And I welcoming all of you to this great event,” Lee Teuk, the mc greeted the guests while bowing and big applause were be given to him. A sign that the event were just started.

“Today we’re gathering here, in this magnificent hall to witness the new design of jewels from HeeNim Jewel with the Greek Myth theme. Although all the jewels were new and exquisite but the foremost and the main character from the Greek Myth tonight were only two. We also have our gorgeous and lovely idol, our one and only Krystal Jung who will be presenting both of our main jewel tonight. She’ll wear it through her show. Allow me to tell you about our first main jewel, the Midas Hand. It’s a wide with pure gold bangle with flower carving all around it, once you see it you never can deny it’s fineness beauty. Without wasting more time we presents Krystal with her hit song, Broken and give a big applause to our precious, the Midas Hand,” A big applause can be heard throughout the hall. The light suddenly down, the hall turned to dark.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbuCTw1RL6LKNnry3D9mrpicture credit to the owner.

The large screen at the stage showing a video of a girl happily hugging a guy, her lover before she excused herself and opened up her computer when it’s signalled that she got a new message. Beside it was a frame, a picture of that guy hugging her from behind with a content smile plastered on both of their face. She opened the new message that she got. Another task for her.

Secret Agent Krystal,

New mission : Kill the villains

The large screen turned dark. The sound of helicopter can be heard inside the hall. The light on the stage showing Krystal in her red outfits and Midas Hand on her left wrist climbed down from the hanging stair. A few of the villains in black running to her and attacked her but she managed to pull out her sword, swaying it right and left like a professional and tackle down all of them. The audience were stunned watching the supreme show that Krystal showed to them, not to mention that no one were expected this kind of show will be presenting to them in HeeNim Jewel new jewels launch. Hee Chul that also watched this, more than pleased to see that his guest were captivated by the show.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4K1kidlnvziIgRDh1x1Tpicture credit to the owner.

The stage turned dark again after Krystal fights with the villains and were again showing Krystal stood on stage along with other dancers. The blazing music can be heard throughout the hall, a sign that Krystal’s song Broken was already started. The song is quite catchy with the disco beat though the song was about a broken promise. Krystal started singing and dance along with the music. Her slender body moves perfectly, dancing along with the song.

Broken

Because of the past I hate promise

Then you came make me believe this

I put the trust in you

You promise me it’ll become true

I had fall for you, so deep

Don’t make me regret, I plead

 

Slowly you show me the truth

Slowly I know the promises weren’t true

You promised me a forever

Now I knew it was shorter

Don’t make promises you don’t intend to keep

Because I was just another promise you couldn’t keep

 

* A promise means everything

But once it’s broken, sorry is nothing

How I wish I never knew you

How I wish I never trust you

How I wish I never fall for you

But it’s all true, you keeping lies between the truth

And your promises just another word from you

The light on the stage turned off once again. The large screen showing a video which is Krystal was running in the building. Her eyes wandering around, looking for something. Then, she opened a door, reveals someone back. She was shocked when that person turned toward her. In front of her right now, was none other than the head of the villains but that isn’t what surprising her, what making her heart trembles was that person in front of her now also the same person that hugged her yesterday and also the same person in the frame on her table. In front of her was her one and only lover but also her one and only enemy. She just stunned and stiffly stood at there while that person smirking at her. Looking at her that letting her guard down, he took this opportunity to stabbed her right through her chest with his sword. A loud yelp of pain came out from but deep down she know the real pain was a broken heart not the pain from the sword. She fell down. The lights off. The song continue and the lights .

Was it fun for you to watch me fall apart

Maybe you already planned this farewell of regards

Be happy sweet heart

You not just broke my heart in two

But you left me broken too…..

                                                ~P.S~

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlfb49fDLaz8PIQ0Ku8P_picture credit to the owner.

The song ends and then lights once again, revealing Krystal that hanging lifeless with the rope that wrapped tightly on her waist. Her body looks so weak and fragile, stiffened way up in the air with the blood dripping from her wound. The red wing appears behind her back at the large screen, a signal that the show already ended. The lights on the stage off and the hall bright again with the main lights. A big applause can be heard from the audience for the amazing performance.

“Wow! That’s was so magnificent and awe-inspiring performance from our one and only Krystal Jung but don’t leave yet, we still have a lot of things to show to you. I don’t want to keep you waiting, let’s proceed to watch the other new jewels from the Greek Myth. The models will present it to you, give them an applause,” Lee Teuk ended his speech. The event went on with the models wearing the new jewels and showed it to the audience. A lot of peoples were captivated by the luxurious and splendid new jewels. The splash lights from the camera kept moving  from another corner to another, tried taking the best picture of the new jewels.    

Far from the crowd but near enough to see everything. Amber was standing behind the crowd all this time. He hold his knuckles till it turned to white, tried to endure the restless in his chest. He heard her singing, he watched her performance but somehow those words just like a dagger that kept stabbed through his heart over and over again. No one know, someone was felt the pain when the song fill the air. No one know, someone was holding the tears when he saw the pain of her. Though neither he or she knew, both felt the broken of heart.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuiNYkG5CQqWJVgYd8HXRpicture credit to the owner