53. Agony

Agony

Taeng opened the door of the studio that morning likes usual but what he saw was something that unusual, at least in this couple of months. Though he already can guess why but something told him that he needed the confirmation. He shakes up the weakly sleeping figure on the couch. The body figure groaned a little.

“Don’t disturb me, hyung,”

“Not now Am. You need to wake up and man up,” Amber looked at him likes he was having another head on his shoulder.

“I heard about what happened last night,”

“Good. Then I don’t have to explain to you about anything,” Amber turned his body from him. His back was facing Taeng.

“You sound like you’re sulking right now, Amber,” Taeng said that to him.

“So what if I am?! Like I give a damn care about that,” Amber’s back still facing him.

“You act like a child right now, Amber. So immature,” Taeng tried to stating the truth.

“BECAUSE I’M ING TIRED! I’m the one who always need to understand and giving my all while she only keep pushing and denying me!” Amber snapped at Taeng. From lying down, he was sitting straight now. His red and puffy eyes was the proof that he staying up all night resenting everything that happened. The bruises and cracked lips the courtesy of the snow queen still clearly could be seen on his face but what was more clear was his tiredness and frustrated soul. Taeng wouldn’t have any doubt in that.

“I’m a human, hyung. A human with a feeling. I know and full aware that I’m the one who’s guilty for everything that happened but still, didn’t I deserve to be treated better? I keep trying and been patients all the time but not even once she tried to open her heart for me or at least feel pleased about it.  She just keep on and on about the past,” Amber groaned while ruffled his messed up bed hair. He looked really disappointed. Amber sighed hard and rubbed his face between his palms.

After he heard what she just said to him last night, he felt like he had enough but at the same time he hate it when he had that kind of feeling. Amber hated it when he felt like he started to be a weakling and giving up but nevertheless, he still a human. He won’t deny that sometimes he felt like he wanted to just don’t care and walk away. Not because he was a coward but because he needed a pause. He kept trying non-stop though no matter what she did to him. He kept giving his all but at some point, he started to crumble. Maybe not a full stop, just a pause. At least that, he might needed it. Yeah, maybe just that.

“I’m not going to denied that it was all my fault but I also have my limit, hyung. I didn’t ask much. It just…at least if only she could show me a little that she aware that everything that I have done, it’s only because and just for her,” Amber released out everything that he felt. The sadness, frustrated, and anger that he just kept it down all this time. But the biggest part of it was the rage, resentful of himself that been so immature and such a weakling for not tried harder and stood still.

 Taeng started to felt like the Amber that sitting in front of him right now wasn’t the same one that he saw a couple of months ago but at the same time, he knew that human have his limit and Amber just been one of them. Besides he didn’t knew that if he was been put in his shoes, could he held it longer than Amber. Taeng didn’t know about that but one thing for sure, he thought he could at least do this. He couldn’t be his hyung for nothing. Maybe he needed some pusher, Taeng thought. Something that could knock up some sensed inside of him. Amber only needed something to push him and pick up his strength to the unlimited with full blast.

“So, now you’re saying that you want to give up? For seriously, Am?” Taeng asked him but more in mocking tone. Amber looked at him strangely but a little irritated.

“This isn’t just about you or about her anymore, Amber. This is about four of you now. You have kids on the way in just couple of months, Am. Stop this reckless act and man up!” A little high in Taeng’s voice just now.

“Thanks for stating the obvious hyung. Do you ever think that I could forget that?! You knew better how much I love them to death,” Amber glared at him, lashed out his anger a bit.

“Then, buckle up man, don’t be such a chicken. Do you really want to meet them within the visiting hours once or maybe twice a week but knowing the ice princess, perhaps she’ll put some distance between you and the kids. And when that time come, please don’t come to me and tell me all about this bull that you regret what you had done because I won’t give a ing damn care about it since I did warn you before,” Amber stood up rightly from his sitting position after he heard what Taeng just told him. He grabbed Taeng’s collar and held it hard. He glared at him sharply likes he tried to hold up his anger. He didn’t like even a single a bit what’s coming from Taeng’s mouth just now. He can’t even imagine if that really happened, he already accustomed to the felt of having them with him include the ice princess.

’ You’re such a hypocrite, Amber. Just now, you said you need a pause,’

‘But it doesn’t mean a stop and certainly not forever,’ Amber mumbled to himself. His inner side started to struggle.

“What? Now you feel mad at me? You’re such a joker, Am,” Taeng mockingly laughed at him. Amber sent him his blazing firing eyes, straight toward him.

“You didn’t want it to end up like that but from what I’ve seen right now, you just sign up yourself for that occasion to happened,” Taeng held hard onto Amber’s tightly grip and pushed him back hard on the couch. Amber stumbled back. Didn’t know whether his strength suddenly weakened or was it Taeng just became stronger but one thing for sure, he suddenly turn mute. There’s no word that he can think about to denied what Taeng just said to him. Amber looked down.

“Just think about it Am. You have gone too far through this path, do you really want to turn back,  now?” Taeng said his last word before twisting the doorknobs and closed the door, leaving a very  bewildered Amber.

The next morning, he got up from his bed and dressed up, not tried to attract anyone. Just tried to look pleasant though his black and big eye bag hardly to cover and to add more his cut with the bruise from the last night accident were still look so obvious but he couldn’t care much since there’s something more essential than his look right now that need to be done right at this moment or he might ruined up everything that already in devastated state. He parked his car in front of a not so familiar hotel since he wasn’t the one who like to spend his time in there except for some vital reason. He still didn’t know whether the hotel was the right one or not but he got some good connection that could gave him some credit in finding people. He only could pray that luck was with him today and hopefully everything will be going smoothly just like he planned it.

“Nice cut you got there,” Before he could stepped further in the hotel, a familiar voice that jeer at him caught his ears. He turned to that voice. A familiar figure with a lopsided grin stood in front of him near the front door of the hotel. He smiled a little, looks like the luck was on his side today.

“Thanks to your girl. She really know how to punch a guy,”

“I have no doubt in that. I never worried about how she’s going to defend herself,” The familiar figure chuckled a little before he continued his word.

“Why?”

“Huh?” The other looking at him, puzzled.

“Don’t tell me that you want to add your already bruised face with a new cut because if that’s the reason you came here, I won’t be able to stop my girl even if I want to,” He told  him while crossing his arm on his chest.

“I need to talk to her,”

“Did you realise what you just said right now?”

“I’m full aware of that,”

“She’s definitely going to blown-up if she seen you here,” The familiar figure tried to knocked some sense inside of him but he was more persistent today than ever.

“Please, I need to explain everything before it gotten worse more than it already is,” The familiar figure could only sigh and shook his head slowly before tried to walked away. He stopped after a couple of steps.

“4th floor, room 105. I’ll pray for you to keep breathing,”

“Good luck, Am,” He told him that before leaving that place.

“Thanks Yul hyung,” He said it though he doubted the already too far away figure could hear it. He move his feet toward the said room with a very high-strung heart.

He knocked the door once he arrived in front of the said room. His heart kept beating heavily with the cold and clammy hands, the courtesy of meeting the snow queen again. He could hear the click clack of the heels behind the other door and his pulse kept rising rapidly. He could almost imagine himself been deathly beaten up by the stiletto of the snow queen but his feet won’t move from the front door of the said room. He got to do this, he have to, he need to. Whatever that Taeng had said to him last night was giving him another light in his darkness mess-up brain.

The said door, opened up. A very furious and a little shock snow queen stood proudly in front of him. She looks cool though her expression didn’t look so good. While the guy in front of her was having another panic attack, the side effect of the snow queen.

“I….we….I think….we need to talk,” Amber stuttered in front of the snow queen.

“You really wish to die, don’t you?” The snow queen smirked at him though her face wasn’t amused at all.

“Please, give me a chance. I can explain everything. I’ll beg you on my knee if that what you want. Just please, you have to listen to what I’m going to say,” Amber was already on his knee. Jessica was still with her stoic face.

“Do you really think you deserve a chance after what you have done?!” Jessica’s voice was high and clearly could be heard through the hall. Fortunately there weren’t too many people around there early in the morning.

“You shattered her heart into pieces, leaving her devastated to deal with the whole world, and just yesterday, you break us apart. Are you happy now?!”

“I…That…just..”

“Do you really think with what so hell ever that you want to say can change everything?” Jessica glared at him. Her patients getting more thin than ever.

“I know that I can’t change everything that happened but at least, it could be better. I hope,”

“Then stop hopping because that’s not going to happen. You broke her, you break us and that’s final. I hope you’ll living life like hell with the regrets and pain that’ll keep haunting you till death come to you,” Jessica already turned her heels and going to closed the door right in front of his face but he managed to stopped it though almost break his arm with it. She glared more at him.

“Jessica please, you didn’t know how I live my life through all this year. I had suffered too. My life wasn’t all with rainbow and unicorn,” Amber looked down.

“Well, good to hear that. You deserve it though I doubt that you had it enough,” Jessica mocked at him. She crossed her arm on her chest.

“Please, just give me 5 minute and then, I’ll never appear in front of you anymore after this,” Amber pleads more.

“1 minute and you’ll get a slap from me if you make it more than 1 minute even for a second,” Jessica stated her condition.

“What?” Amber flustered though he didn’t know why. Was it because Jessica willing to listen to him or the time that’s too short for his long sentence.

“59 seconds more,” The snow queen was still with her expressionless face.

“Oh, okay..okay…I’ll start now,” Amber took a deep breath. He felt like he was been judged in the world court with the queen as the judge that didn’t favour him even a little.

“Please forgive Krystal and don’t leave her. You’re everything she need the most,” The words that came out from the stupid llama mouth wasn’t anything that Jessica expected coming from him though she tried to cover her startled face.

“You can put the blame on me and if you want to put a punishment, just put it on me only. Make an exception for her. Everything that happened was my fault. She only tried to make it less miserable than it already is,” Amber sounded so broken since he tried so hard not to let the precious pearl running down onto his cheek.

“Just please, I beg you. Don’t leave her. You’re the only one who can mend her heart, heal her broken soul. You’re the only closest family that she had after her parent. Don’t leave her alone, she already been alone enough through all of these,”

“Please Jessica, only you can dry her tears since…..” Amber took a deep breath again.

“….I only can make her cry more and if you didn’t want me near her then I….” He took another breath.

“I’m going to leave everything. I’ll disappear,” It felt so hard to deliver that word. ‘Leave’ and ‘Disappear’ wasn’t in his mind before but if that’s what Jessica want then he’ll do it as long as the Jung sisters didn’t break up since that it’s the only thing that can make the ice princess’s miserable life better. He willing to do it though it broke his heart to leave his ice princess and the little miracles that they have.

‘PAP!’ and another ‘PAP!’ could be heard when the stupid llama got two slaps right on his left-right cheek from the snow queen. Amber could only stared at her, didn’t know how to react. He’s shocked. While the snow queen only give him an I-don’t-give-a-damn-care-with-whatsoever- hell-that-you-say expression.

“You already passed your 1 minute. Two slaps for two second,” Jessica closed the door leaving the dumbfounded llama outside her room.

Amber looked so down and he could only sighed. He already tried. Tried to make up for everything and solve it but maybe it wasn’t good enough for the snow queen. He ruffled his hair in frustration. He didn’t know what to do anymore for the snow queen to come back for the ice princess.

While the big house looked more gloom than ever. The owner was alone in darkness and sadness though there always two loyal companions in the big house that keeping her company but it won’t be the same. It felt different.

Krystal back to how she used too before he was here back to her life or perhaps it getting worse since she kept drowning herself into the blue state and didn’t even tried to get up. She locked herself in the room. She’s devastated more than ever. Kangin and Tiffany were worried and anxious because now, it wasn’t just her life that they need to care, there another two life that depends on her to live and for them to care. Krystal ignore everything even her appointment with the doctor, she’s been more reckless than before. She turned her deaf ear and kept mute every single time Kangin and Tiffany tried to talk to her. She only lying down on her bed with an expressionless face, only her small sniffles could be heard and her precious jewels that kept rolling down onto her pale cheek non-stop could be seen.     

Tiffany and Kangin knew that only the snow queen can knocked some sense into her but after what happened before, they doubt it that the snow queen will come back. Jessica hurt too much that time. They could only force a spoonful or two spoonful food into every single time they tried to make her eat to kept her survive and breathing every single day. Krystal living likes a lifeless without a soul. Her eyes opened but there’s no sparkle, she’s breathing but there’s no sign of life in her.

It took another week for Krystal to puke everything though there’s nothing that came out from only the clear liquid that stings . And it only took another Krystal’s suffering for Tiffany to have a mental break down. It’s hurt her to watch her broken like this. Sooyoung, her doctor only could sigh when she visited her since Krystal no longer came to her appointment. There’s no medication that she could give because it wasn’t the physical that’s hurt, it’s her heart and soul. Sooyoung could only give some fluid through her vein with putting up a drip to keep the nutrition in her body. Luckily, the babies were so strong though their mother was already on the edge of dying. The baby heartbeats were still stable and that’s more than enough to give them some relief in this devastated condition.

Another morning in the big house, it still in the blue state. But it gave a big shock to Tiffany when she opened the door after she heard someone knocked on the door when she tried to make the ice princess eat her breakfast, the very least expectant person was in front of her right now. While that person only kept her stoic face and took off her stiletto. She wore the slipper to walk in the house. Tiffany was too stunned to say anything and she only could watch that very person walk on the stairs. That very person opened the door to a room. She looked at the lifeless person that sitting up on the bed. Her stare was blank. It took another minute for that very person to have courage to sit beside her on the bed. She turned her face when she felt the movement on her bed. The precious jewels kept running more onto her cheek when she saw that very person in her room while that very person wipe her cheek with her hand gently. And the small sniffles turn to a loud wailing and she kept sobbing so hard that almost choked herself.

“Oh god, what have I done to you, baby?” That very person finally spoke up. The tears that she kept on bear finally find it’s way on her cheek. Her heart broke into two looking at her beloved person almost on the edge of her dying state. No one could understand or comprehended how she felt right now, how much it’s hurt her to seeing her dearest one like this. Just like a broken lifeless soul.

“I’m sorry....I…sorry…unni…unni…” Krystal kept sobbing. She almost choked in her own voice.

“Syyh…it’s ok baby…it’s fine,” Jessica kept coaxing her.

“Don’t leave me, unni….please,” Krystal’s tears won’t stop while Jessica kept hugging her so tightly. She didn’t even care her dress was drenched up in tears.

“No, I won’t, baby. I promise,” Jessica rubbed her back softly while saying all the good words.

“Syyh, baby…don’t cry…I’m here now,” Krystal clutched her hand on her sister’s dress more for assurance that’s this was real, that she’s here.

After half an hour, the sobs turn into small hiccup and her breathing was more relaxed. Jessica slowly released herself from her grip. She wiped her dried tears with the wet towel and tucked her in. She covered her with the blanket to keep her warm.

“Sweet dream, baby,” Jessica kissed her forehead a goodnight, caress her cheek gently and leave the room in the dim of light with the tray in her hands.

“Wow, she’s eating,” Tiffany tried to start a conversation with Jessica after what happened between them before. She didn’t even get a chance to explain herself to her.

“Yeah, though she only eat half of it,” Jessica replied to her while looked at the half eaten porridge on the tray in her hands.

“Well, it’s better now. Before, we only could make her eat only one or two spoonful of food,”

“Really? Well, it won’t happen again,” Jessica promised her.

“Err…Jess, I….”

“If you want to say thank you or sorry, just keep it. I don’t want to hear that,” Tiffany stunned after she heard what Jessica had told her. She thought she was unforgiven.

“We’re friends right? You said before, in friendship there’s no thank you or sorry only acceptance and tolerance,” Jessica assured her with a mocking grin since she already knew that Tiffany thought otherwise.

“So, we’re good?” Tiffany asked her again.

“Nope,” Once again, Tiffany stunned.

“Unless you help me wash this dish because these snow queens need a loonggg hot bath,” Jessica chuckled a little when she saw Tiffany reaction.

“Oh, god Jess….I thought…Never mind, you really love fooling around don’t you?” Tiffany told her that while crossed her arm on her chest.

“Only with you,” Jessica chuckled more.

For the whole week, the big house already had the laugh that light up the whole corner. Krystal backs to herself again. She had back her glow and icy glare though there’s still this one big loophole inside her heart that making her felt incomplete. She tried to denied it, cover it but she can’t help it when every single night, her feet move by itself toward the familiar room that almost for weeks didn’t have that single owner. She stay in that room for hours sometime she fell asleep on that familiar bed with the very familiar scents on that pillow. Some other night when she felt it wasn’t enough to fill the hole in her heart, she wore that very familiar jumper that the owner left it in that room. She thought no one aware of that or it just her that didn’t want to acknowledged that her sister knew everything that rolling around this big house but she’s glad that her sister didn’t say anything though she knew how she hate it when each night she acts likes this.

“Tiff, get him for me,” Ordered Jessica one night.

“But…”

“You got connection right? Don’t try to deny it,”

“I know but don’t you think we should ask her first?”

“What for? For more argument or for more her self - defence to keep denying it?” Jessica’s tone was getting higher.

“That’s not what I’m tried to say. What I meant is, I want to keep this house’s peace for much longer time without fights. I think we already had it enough before, Jess,”

“Who say about fights?” Jessica replied her back while shrugged her shoulder.

“Oh please, Jess.  Don’t tell me that you didn’t hate him or mad at him. You almost kill him before,” Tiffany stated the truth.

“Well, that was an accident. I was furious, ok,”

“When you’re not?” All three of them said it at the same time. Kangin and Yul that only kept watching them arguing finally spoke up.

“What is this? Are you trying to gang up on me now?” Jessica growled at them. They only stared back at her while giving her a look see-i-told-you-you’re-getting-furious-now.

“Fine, fine. I’ll put my anger on check when he’s here, ok. Satisfied?” They only nodded at her.

“Now, get that damn guy for me,”

After a couple of minutes, they got the answer from Taeng.

“So, how’s it?” Jessica asked Tiffany eagerly. Tiffany shook her head.

“I’m sorry, Jess. No one knew where he goes,” Tiffany told them.

“Not even Taeng?” Kangin asked her again.

“He already tried to contact him for the whole week since he been missing after he went to meet Jessica before,”

“His house? The studio?” Yul asked her.

“Taeng already tried to look for him at there but he got nothing,” Tiffany only could sigh more.

“So what’re we going to do now?” Yul asked but no one answered him till his snow queen spoken up.

“There’s still one place that we can try to look for him but we have to move now,” Jessica told them. They didn’t say anything, just following her idea since there’s nothing better to be done than just sit there waiting for that very person that unlikely to come back.

“But we can’t leave Krystal alone here,” Kangin told them.

“We won’t. Tiffany will stay with her,” Jessica looked at Tiffany and she only nodded.

“Wait,” Tiffany held them up when they were on their way to the front door.

“Taeng’s coming with you,”

“I’ll text you the address. I bet he knew that place better than me,” Jessica only smirked at her. Tiffany waved them a good luck before she closed the front door after they left.

They drive through the night. If luck was on their side, they will arrive at that so called place during midnight and getting back to the big house before the sun rise since that place quite far from the city of Seoul. And just like Jessica predict it,Taeng already arrived at that place before they reached there.

“I didn’t know that you knew about his old house,” Taeng told her when they met each other at that so called place and that’s Amber’s old house and school, where everything start. The start of the ice princess and the stupid llama love story.

“Krystal used to tell me before and I just guess it since this place kept a lot of memories of him and her,” Jessica said that to him while her eyes wandering around that old house but still looks nice in the outside.

“I bet you’re right, Jessica,” Taeng told them when his eyes caught a very familiar figure walking toward them with his eyes were on his hand phone.

“Now, that’s the guy that making us driving for hours,” Kangin whined a little when his aching muscle acting up after driving for hours.

That very familiar figure stopped his tracks immediately and got a very big shock when he saw them in front of his house. Something that he never expected for them to figured out his very secured and safe hiding place. Too much shock you can say since he never ever could expected one of the visitor was the snow queen.

“Hyung, what’re you doing here?” Amber asked Taeng.

“I’m the one who should be asking you that. Where the hell have you been?! Everyone were been looking for you. You didn’t answer the phone or even reply my text,” Amber turned his face and kept his expressionless.

“There’s no need for that, hyung. There’s nothing more for me in that city,” Amber replied him while his hands were busy unlocking the gate of his house.

“Not even Krystal? The babies?” Taeng asked him again in more low tone this time. Amber stopped in whatsoever he been doing for a while but back again to unlocking the old gate.

“They didn’t need me. They already have their family with them,”

“Who says?” Now Kangin was the one spoke up, sounds a little irritated since Amber was denying the ice princess and the little miracles that they have.

“Keep denying Amber but you full aware that they need you there. SHE NEEDS YOU,” Kangin sounds a little force in his voice. His aching muscle and that llama just acting up was getting into his nerve right now.

“I’m not trying to deny anything. Try to put yourself in my shoes. Everyone kept pushing me and she’s the one who’s denying me, not me,” Amber stared at them, a little annoyed in his tone.

“I just need some space and time. I bet she needs it too,” Amber added.

“For how long, Am?! You’ve been gone for weeks. Do you really need another four years for that space and time of yours,” Taeng snapped a bit toward him. Amber glared at him.

“Guys, we came in peace. We don’t need another fight,” Yul tried to calmed them down when he saw their conversation started to heating up.

“Oh, shut the crap, seobang,” Finally, the snow queen spoken.

“Sica, baby…” Yul tried to stops his fiancé since he knew that the snow queen was going to blown-up when she kept quite during their conversation with the llama.

“Don’t tell me to stop, seobang. I already kept my anger on check for a long time,” That’s true since usually in this situation after they found him, she’s going to beat him up before dragged him into the car.

“And please stop this stupid goddamn sad drama! You!” Jessica glared at him while point her sharp pointy finger with blazing red colour on her nail at him.

“Before I start killing people for making me lost my beauty sleep, you better move that ing of yours into the car,” Amber looking puzzled and stunned with the sudden high voice from the snow queen. She managed to make everyone turned to mute. No one dare to say anything.

“Oh, forget it. I’m going to do it by myself,” Jessica pulled up her sleeve and started to walk toward the llama.

“AHH!! SLOW DOWN…It’s hurt,” Amber shrieked in pain when the snow queen pinched hard his right ear and dragged him into the car while the others only could stared at both them.

“Do you really need me to drag all of you too?” The snow queen asked them while giving them her deathly glare. All of the males stumbled walking back to the car, the courtesy of the snow queen. 

They managed to get back to the city of Seoul before the sun rise. They arrived at the big house with a very unpleasant look and scared llama, an annoyed and very irritated snow queen with the too startled three males to say anything and just follow the snow queen orders.

“Come on, seobang. I need my beauty sleep now,” Jessica told her fiancé while put her stiletto aside and rubbed her stiff neck after long hours of sitting in the car. The males except Yul only stood there, didn’t know what to do.

“Erm…Jess…what about us?” Kangin braved himself to ask the snow queen her next order and Jessica narrowed her eyes a little bit sharp at the other scared figure in front of her.

“Do I really have to do everything?!” Said Jessica with a little annoyed in her tone. While the other males only could blinking at her innocently with a terrified eyes.

“Urggh….I already through a long night, I lose my beauty sleep, I’ve got a stiff and aching muscle and I already dragged that damn guy back here. Do I REALLY have to tell you what you need to do right now? Like seriously?!” Jessica was on the verge of her patience, she might blown - up right there. She’s ing exhausted and the only thing she want to do right now was having a very nice and long sleep on her big comfy bed, not answering a very dumb question of the too scared males in front of her now.  Yul only could give Kangin a sign to just leave the tensed up space while tried to coax the snow queen while Kangin and Taeng furrowed their brows tried to understand whatever Yul tried to say. Finally, Yul just gave up, both of them just being too dense and too afraid to say anything toward the snow queen. He needs to step up.

“Well, how about if all of us take a good rest and we’ll think about what we’re going to do next after we wake up, ok?” Yul tried to calm the too much tense up situation.

“At last, someone got the brain to say something that’s not too dumb,” Jessica sarcastically said it while growled at the three male in front of her before she left the living room with Yul. Kangin and Taeng only shrugged their shoulders but eventually understood though it’s a little bit late.

“Come on, Taeng. I’ll show you the guests room, you can use it tonight…..or perhaps it’s already morning. I bet you didn’t have the energy to drive back home,”

“Thanks, hyung,” Taeng simply replied to Kangin and followed him. He didn’t have any desire to say no to the most favourable bed at the moment after the long hours of driving.

“Errm…,”

“You know where’s your room is,” Kangin flatly cuts Amber’s word before he could say anything.

Amber took the stairs to the second floor where his room is but his steps suddenly make a stop in front of a very familiar white wooden door. His hand was sweating hard and clammy, his heart started to beating faster like it’s going to bursts in any moment. He never expected to come back here after he left Seoul before, at least not so soon. He didn’t expect to see her again, much less to face her right now. He just gave up everything and expected nothing from her, just hoping that she’ll at least give him a chance to watch their little angels though from far or with a limited time. He started preparing himself for that but what happened right now was the otherwise.

But still he didn’t know whether she’ll be welcoming him here or will she tolerate and accepted him though the choice was much to the latter. Amber thought so or no, he quite certain about that nevertheless Amber prayed hard for the opposite. He was struggled and awry whether should he open the door or not or  perhaps it was better if he met her tomorrow when he already had enough energy with much more stable physical but most importantly with a better and steady heart to accepted whatsoever words that she going to throw at him.

He trembled a lot while tried to open the said familiar door but his hand suddenly stop when he heard a voice behind him. He looked at the owner of the voice.

“She’s in your room,” Yul told him that. Amber only looking blank at him, didn’t know the right word to be said at the moment.

“She’s been sleeping there since you been gone,” Yul added when he saw the clueless Amber in front of him and leave him there to continue his business.

His hand trembled more than before because the owner of the said familiar door was sleeping in his room. Now he can’t run anymore since sleeping in her room or outside wasn’t a very good option, what the others going to say if they saw him sleeping outside but most importantly, what she going to felt when she saw him sleeping outside. It just likes putting a sign on his head I’m-avoiding-you-now. And he didn’t think that he can handle another storm of her memories behind of the said familiar door. It’s better to seeing her face to face than just being tortured by her remembrance by her scent and her pictures.

He opened his room’s door and there he saw her sleeping nicely on his bed, on his pillow. Her smooth and fair skin was looking so beautiful when the moon reflected the light onto her face but still the eye bag and the dried tears was still clearly can be seen on her face. He saw her belly was bigger than the last time when he saw her and it much more could be seen with her small frame. He definitely could recognize the grey jumper that she been wearing right now that looking a little too  big for her size though it must be quite comfortable with her big belly on the way now. He couldn’t describe what he felt right now, overwhelmed? Sad? Touch? Bliss? But one thing for sure that he missed her. Too much actually, he didn’t realise it till he saw her in front of him right now and the precious jewel manage to run down onto his cheek. The stupid llama really did miss his ice princess.

He took a step closer to the ice princess and sit on the empty space of his bed beside her. He looked at her longingly while his hand shaken a bit when he caress her cheek softly, tried so hard not to wake her up but he startled a little when the ice princess suddenly move. He froze on the bed. The ice princess was turning her body toward him and much closer, perhaps could be said intimate since they were apart only by an inch. He stunned, didn’t know how to react while the ice princess was mumbled something incoherence in her sleep. Her hands was circling his waist of the too stunned to act stupid llama and her face was already took place on his chest. He knew that this was something that she been doing without she realised it, she was sleeping of course. But he still didn’t know whether he should push her gently or just let it be and just like giving an answer to his inner thought, his little miracles kick him gently through their mama’s tummy that pressed against him. He smiled genuinely.

“I miss you too…both of you,” Amber said it while gently caress her big belly with his calloused hand and then, he decided that maybe tonight he should just let it be and enjoyed it since he can’t predict  what’s going to happened tomorrow. He hugged her small frame that felt so right to be in his arm while his lip was kissing her temple softly.  

 Finally at the dawn, he had been wakened up by a soft sobbed voice came from who knows where since Amber’s still in his sleepy daze. He tried to figure out what kind of voice is that though somehow he heard it like someone was crying. Was that a cry? Amber confused.  He opened his eyes slowly and tried to looks for that soft voice. And then finally he saw it, that very familiar figure that was rightly been in his arm last night was crying in front of him on his bed.

 Her eyes kept shedding tears non-stop till it started to swollen up. Her cheeks were wet with her running tears. Her nose became red because of the cry. She was softly sobbing but still clearly could be heard. He was perplexed, didn’t know what to do since he had no single idea on why she was crying now. Perhaps she was in pain? Or maybe she hates to see him till she cry? All those questions were running in his head like a little puzzle that hardly to be solved. He tried to reached her with a little trembles in his hands, he wants nothing than just hug her safely in his arm. It hurts him to watch her in this wrecked state. But when he touched her, her sobbing turned to wailing, a little bit loud than before. He didn’t know what to do, too dumbfound. Then, Amber just pulled her into a hug. He held her tightly but her wailing still didn’t stop and she started to talked harshly at him while her hands pounces his chest but he still kept holding her tightly.

“Why did you come back?!” Krystal shouted at him.

“What’s your right to make you think that you can go and come back into my life whenever you want to?!”

“Who am I to you?!” Krystal shouting more at him. Her pounces turned lightly while her hands been held closely by Amber.

“Am I just some kind of rest stop for you that you can just drop by and leave whenever hell you want to?” Krystal questioned more though her voice was softened than before. She sobbed more, her tears running more than before. It’s hurt, and his heart felt like it had been ripped apart. Without notice, the jewels that he kept it on barrier were slowly flowing down. It broke his heart to seeing her in this kind of state.

“Am I really that easy for you? To be fooled at? To be played with my heart? What kind of person of me to you? A toy?” Her words sounded so broken and fragile. He shook his head while his hands gently caress her face. He looked through her eyes, there’s only heart-broken feels, disappointed, frustration, in secured.

“Then why? Why Amber, why? You left me before, you left me now,” She cried more though his hands was kept wiping her tears. He startled a little when she called his name, it’s been a long time since the last time he heard that. He looked genuinely into her eyes and finally his voice finds its way to come out.

“Because I thought you were better off without me. You would be happier with them than being by my side. I thought I never could make you smile and doing better in making you cry more and it hurts me so much, too much when I fully aware that all those tears were only because of me,” Amber choked in his trembled voice. He sobbed too, his tears can’t be stopped now. He put their forehead close together and took another deep breath before continuing his talk.

“You don’t know how I wish that I could hold you like this forever. How much I hope that forever was meant for us, how I was long for you that nothing I could feel more in my heart other than miss you, love you,” Amber told her while he touched her cheek softly. Krystal’s wailing turned into more softs cry.

“You’re not a toy, not even a rest stop. You’re my sun during day, my moon when it’s night, my gravity and the centre of my world. You’re my everything…..three of you,” He told her genuinely while his left hand gently caressed her big belly that holding the precious miracles.

“Can I trust you again?” She asked him. She looked into his brown orbs, try to find the love that he told her before, the genuine in his words. While Amber only leaned in and kissed that pinkish lips softly and putting all his feeling in the kiss, his love, his longing and for sure it did answered her question. The kiss that they share after so long didn’t get the chance, it does give her the assurance and making her felt in love again. The in security slowly faded away, been replaced by the new assurance of his love.

“Can we start over?” And now, his turn to asked her the question that kept bothering him. A small peck on his lip answered his question. A kiss that’s mean ‘yes, we can’.

Their life turned to better, more happiness in each day that they been through together. Smiles and laughter always filled every corner of that very said big house along with all the occupant of that house though some of it still had some doubt mostly between the snow queen and the stupid llama but since when she’s not and the others only could shrugged their shoulder. The stupid llama only could patients with all the revenged that the snow queen had for him as long as the ice princess was happy. Her happy glow was everything that he needs in his life, nothing more.

“B, did you finish it yet?” Krystal asked Amber for umpteenth time that day who kept struggled to finish the crib for their twins. She was sitting on the soft chair in the twin’s room.

“No, for another half an hour it’s still not going to finish, princess,” A little annoyed in his tone.

“You’re such a stupid llama, B. You can’t even build that? It just a crib,” Krystal kept .

“For heaven sake, princess. I’m a photographer not a carpenter. And for thousand times I said this, can’t we just buy it? There’s tone of crib in the baby store or we could get it online,” Amber pleaded at her a little. His hands already hurt too much while trying to build the crib.

“No! You heard what unni said before. The crib needs to come from your hands so that our babies could feel our love,” Krystal told him while gently rubbed her belly. It melts his heart when he heard she said our babies though he still doubt that he could finish the crib by today or even next week. Amber sighed.

“Your sister only love to tortures me,” Amber complaints. She chuckled.

“That’s only the way she show that she care about you,”

“Right now, I really hope she’s not. I don’t even think that I could finish this before you give birth,” Amber pouted.

“Oh, come on B. Look at Kangin oppa, he already finished the diaper changing table,” Krystal complimented Kangin while he only smirked at Amber.

“Princess, he’s a manual labor since born. He can build the house if he wants too,” Amber complaints more. A little bit exaggerated in his sentence.

“Now, you admit that I’m stronger than you, huh?” Kangin asked him sarcastically.

“Well, for sure not on the bed. The twins can prove it,” Amber sneered at him.

“Eww, gross,” Kangin showed a displeasing face and leaved the two love birds alone in the twin’s room.

“B! The babies can hear you,” Krystal tried to cover her big belly with her hands.

“Hehe..sorry babies,” Amber told the babies while smiling stupidly at her with his hands softly caress the protruding belly.

“Stupid llama,” The ice princess mocked him.

“Your stupid llama,” Amber got a little closer to her.

“No doubt,” Krystal told him that and they shared a soft kiss with a big smile on their face.  

The next morning, Amber was preparing for his another photoshoot session though it quite surprised him since the day before it was cancelled because the one of the models couldn’t attend it and need to be postponed to another date but this morning he got a text from the company that the photoshoot session will be proceed today. And now the stupid llama was reluctantly preparing to leave the house with a sulky ice princess behind.

“Can’t you just not go?”  Krystal asked him for the umpteenth time since this morning while pouted her lips.

“I’m sorry, princess but I have to. It’s a job calling but I’ll be back before you know it. We’ll have dinner together and we’ll watch the soap opera that you love so much till you fall asleep,”

“But…”

“I promise I’ll be back before night, ok?” And lastly, she could only nod.

“Promise me that you’ll finish your job faster,” Krystal asked him to promise her.

“Yes, my lovely princess. Take good care of yourself and the babies while I’m not here, ok. I love you,” Amber waved her after he gave her a soft goodbye kiss on her lips.

 Krystal was patiently waiting for him till the sun goes down leaving the sky with moon and stars but there’s still no sign of him coming back. She started to felt anxious and worried started to wraps her heart. The others also still busy with their own business, so that only left the ice princess alone in the big house. She tried to call him but left with unanswered, all her message were also unreplied. The twins also felt their mother was in distress and started to kick her from inside and she tried to calms them down while rubbed her belly gently though it does nothing to stop the rapid kicking from her babies. Suddenly, a beep sound could be heard from her hand phone, an incoming message into her box. She opened the message but it only giving her more puzzling mind than before with a frantic heart.

From : Anonymous

Wnt to knw whr he’s rght nw? find out urself.