46. Agony

Agony

After the concert ended, Krystal went straight to the dressing room to change her outfit. When she reached there, her stomach ache kept getting worse. She clutching her stomach and gritted her teeth, tried to keep holding in the pain but somehow the pain was so unbearable. Krystal hold the chair in front of the mirror in the dressing room tightly until her knuckles turn to white and she took a really deep breath, tried to distract herself from the pain. Suddenly, she felt some warm liquid flowing between her legs. She tried to take a look at it but before her brain could comprehend what is that thing, a sudden sharp pain attacked her and her world turned to a pitch of black.

Outside the dressing room, when the concert ended, the fans were dispersed and go their separate ways. While Tiffany tried to wrap up some of the things with the staff when the concert ended, someone came closer to her and tapped her shoulder lightly. She turned her face and felt surprised a little. A man in his Calvin Klein casual outfit but still looking so dashing stood in front of her.

“Oh, Mr.Kim. What’re you doing here?” Tiffany asked her CEO. Jong Hyun smiled at her. She felt a little strange to saw the most busiest man on earth that own the biggest entertainment company in Korea in this mini concert.

“I thought I wanna see our ice princess before her long break,” Jong Hyun answered her.

“Oh, I think you can find her in the dressing room. I’ll follow you with Kangin after I finish this,” Tiffany told him. Now, she knew why. Of course the ice princess, who else could be the reason of the Mr.CEO to be here in this crowd. Jong Hyun excused himself after she told him that.

Jong Hyun walked at the back stage, tried to look for the dressing room. When he found the room with a Krystal name on the door, he smiled satisfiedly of his success in finding her. He certainly sure this is the room that Tiffany mentioned to him earlier. Jong Hyun knocked on the door a couple of times but there’s no one answered him. He felt suspicious so he tried to turn the door knob, lucky for him it wasn’t locked. He opened the door slowly, afraid that he might surprise the owner but it turned out that he’s the one who got surprised, a big one. Jong Hyun heart rapidly racing when he saw Krystal lying on the floor unconscious in the pool of some red liquid? Blood? His face full of concern and worried. His heart dropped looking at the almost lifeless body on the floor of his beloved girl.

“Krystal…Krystal…Krystal…please be fine,” Jong Hyun rushed closer to Krystal and called her name, tried to wake her up but nothing happened. This was not what he planned on how to see her for the last time before her long break. At the same time, the door of the dressing room was opened, revealing Tiffany and Kangin behind her. Tiffany’s eyes wide open and terrified of what she seeing in front of her eyes. Kangin also shocked of what happening in that room.

“I hope you have a better explanation for this, Tiffany-shi,” Jong Hyun looked at her with his blood shot eye while said that sternly toward her. He doesn’t know what, how, or why but something inside him telling him that the reason that Krystal became like this had something to do with her long break and it’s certainly not just a normal health issue. Tiffany gasped and speechless. She doesn’t know what to say since this is her first time seeing her CEO that angry and anxious. Not only that, she also doesn’t know how to explain this to him since it was planned to be keep as a secret at first as long as they could but she didn’t expect to revealed it this fast to him.

“What’re you waiting for?! Get the car ready!” Jong Hyun screamed at Kangin while carrying Krystal tightly in his arm in bridal style.

“Ye…Yes..Mr.Kim,” Kangin flinched a little when he heard his CEO loud voice before he quickly move out from the dressing room toward the car park.

In the meantime, in the Incheon International Airport the announcement for the last passenger to get on the flight A118 had been made, echoed throughout the airport.

“This is the final boarding call for passenger Amber Liu booked on flight A118 to China. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for Amber Liu. Thank you,” The announcement ended. After waiting for a moment, the flight A118 to China finally boarded to China without the last passenger.

Flashback

After the pre-boarding announcement, Amber walked to the gate 3 but when he only a couple steps more to reached the gate. His hand phone rang, an unknown number called him. He stared on his hand phone screen for a while, feeling torn whether want to answer it or just ignore it and went straight to the gate. After a second thought, he finally answered the call when his instinct kept telling him that maybe that call was important. The other line greeted him when he picked up the call.

“Yes, this is Amber Liu speaking,” Amber waited for the other line to explain to him about the call.  And when the other line gave him the explanation, he was right. He knew that he should believe his instinct when he had told so. That call was tremendously important. His face changed to anxious, worried, and care. His heart beating faster than ever.

“What?! Hospital?” Amber’s tone a little high when he heard what the other line had told him. A big shock for him, something that he didn’t expect it at all to happened on his last day in Korea.

“Ok, I’ll be right there,” Amber felt this was the right thing to do after that call. He can’t just leave Korea after he heard his beloved one was on the edge of danger. He thrown away the ticket and turning his back from the gate. He stormed out from the airport and rushed into the cab. He only has one destination now. He didn’t give the hell damn care about that anonymous right now, he’ll deal about that later.

“Seoul Hospital, please,” Amber told the cab driver. Along the way to the hospital, he kept muttered under his breath ‘Please be safe’ again and again, hoping that nothing bad will happened.

Flashback End

Inside the ward at the private practice, Sooyoung just finished doing her checked up on Krystal. Tiffany and Kangin waited for Sooyoung to tell them anything about Krystal’s condition while only Jong Hyun was breaking the silence after he saw the doctor already finished her checked up.

“How is she? Is she going to be alright?” Jong Hyun bombarded the doctor with his questions. His face was nothing less than before, still full of worried and concern. Sooyoung stared at him for a while before she smiled at his panic acts.

“Calm down, sir but before I could say anything, may I know who’re you to Krystal?” Sooyoung asked him since she never saw him before with Krystal or any one of them. Before Jong Hyun could answer her, Tiffany already answered it for him.

“It’s ok, doctor. He’s our CEO, Mr.Kim,” Tiffany told Sooyoung and she only nodded after she heard it.

“Krystal just past her critical moment. So, what I can say now, Krystal and the baby are fine,” Sooyoung said that to all three of them. Tiffany and Kangin heaved a sigh of relief, at least nothing bad happened to both of them. Only Jong Hyun was puzzling after he heard what the doctor said.

“What baby? Who’s baby?” He asked while looking back and forth at Tiffany and the doctor. Tiffany was so nervous, she felt there’s no right words to explain this to her CEO. Looking at Tiffany’s face that in a cold sweat, Sooyoung felt the need to clear up this mess. Kangin only kept mum, if Tiffany can’t even find the right words to explain it, how can he someone who doesn’t even good in word to explain this to his CEO. One word wrong in the explanation could lead to another problem and maybe misunderstanding, something that neither of them wanted it right now.

“Krystal pregnant and that’s also the reason of her hiatus. From your looks I bet you had no idea about this,” Sooyoung simply explained it to him. Jong Hyun gasp, loss of words. His beloved girl had a baby that certainly not his. He knew that Krystal never accepted his feeling but when the truth was being thrown direct toward him, it just like he got another pang stabbed through his heart. And it’s stung, a lot.  

“Though Krystal just past her crucial but she still needs to be observes. She almost had a miscarriage because of her lack of nutrition, stress, and her body is so fatigue almost like there’s no food in her system but luckily the baby is a fighter. So I do really hope and grateful if you could let the patient have an enough rest and please, do not put too much pressure on her. I might put her in complete rest in bed if I had to,” Sooyoung emphasized in every words that she said to them, meaning that she totally serious with what she just told them.

“Yes, doctor. Thank you for helping us,” Kangin that kept on silenced since they arrived at the private practice finally spoken. He thanked the doctor before she leaved Krystal’s ward.

“I demand an explanation,” Jong Hyun told them while intensely stared at Tiffany since she’s her manager and she’s also the one who asked for Krystal long break. He crossed his arm on his chest and took a deep breath, tried to subside his anger. He really hates a liar, cheater, or anything that had to do with it. Not to mentioned that the truth was too bitter for him to accept it.

“We just knew about this recently. Krystal wanted to abort it at first but her health didn’t allow her to do that. So, she had to carry it till the baby born and she doesn’t want anyone to know about this. She wanted to keep it as a secret,” Tiffany told Jong Hyun. There’s no point of hide it anymore, what’s done already done.

“What about the father?” Jong Hyun asked her after sighed though the question hurt his heart. His heart was in pain to know that his beloved girl belong to someone else. Tiffany shook her head after Jong Hyun asked her.

“He doesn’t know. They’re not together,” Tiffany simply answered him. Jong Hyun looked at her strangely and some rage shown on his face. He thought that guy was a jerk and such a coward for leaving Krystal handling this alone but nevertheless, that guy had no idea about this. But still, what kind of guy leave a girl after he slept with her and he got what he want. Only a bastard does that. Though there’s something inside him that told him, he still had a chance. A chance to win her heart. Looking at Jong Hyun face that looks like he wanted to ask more, Tiffany quickly cuts it.

“I think it’s better if Krystal tell you about the rest of the story,” Tiffany told him. Jong Hyun certainly wanted to know more but he agreed with Tiffany, this is Krystal’s life and only Krystal had the right to tell him anything or nothing at all. Jong Hyun sighed and looked at the body that lying flatly on the bed with full of care and concern. He thought he needs some fresh air to clear up his mind so he left the ward, leaving Tiffany and Kangin to accompanied Krystal.

At Seoul Hospital, a doctor just finished cleaning the patient’s wounds and wrapped it with the bandages. The doctor excused himself and the patient thanked him. A moment later, the door burst open revealing a guy panting and gasping for air likes he just ran in a marathon while the patient smiling widely at him, revealed the white teeth, and making a peace sign with the finger.

“Hi,” The patient greeted him.

“Hi?! Seriously hyung, hi?! I’m almost get a heart attack when I got the call from the nurse saying that you fell from the hill and been hospitalized now,” That guy showed his annoyed face after been tricked with a big shock while the patient was smiling like nothing happened.

“Oh, come on Am. You know that you love me so much to leave me here in pain and injured,” Taeng told him with a self-satisfied. Amber only rolled  his eyes at him.

“I bet you missed your flight,” Taeng asked him but more to a statement actually.

“Yeah, thanks to you I paid for the ticket for nothing since I didn’t have a chance to get on the flight,” Amber said that to him sarcastically. Taeng grinned at him. He shouldn’t felt like this but he can’t help it when a part of him felt happy when Amber missed his flight because that’s mean Amber will stay here though he doesn’t know till when.

“How do you feel now?” Amber asked him. Though he still felt irritated after been tricked but he still care about his hyung, his best friend.

“I’m fine just some bruise here and there,” Taeng told him while showed his bandaged head and right arm. There also some purple bruises and scratch around his body but other than that, Taeng looks fine. And for that Amber heaved a sigh of relief.

“How did you fall hyung? I didn’t know that you’re that clumsy,” Amber said that to him.

“I don’t know,” Taeng shrugged his shoulder.

“Maybe I’m just too immersed in taking those wonderful pictures and I didn’t aware of where am I going. Not long after that, I woke up in here, on the bed,” Taeng told him nonchalantly with such an innocent face. Amber sighed. He should know this, sometime Taeng can be clumsy like a bull in a China shop.

“Sure thing, hyung. Sure thing,” Amber narrowed his eyes at Taeng.

“But at least you looks alright now,” Amber added.

“Yeah, I feel ok though. Just my tummy grumble now,” Taeng told Amber while rubbed his stomach.

“They’ll feed you here, hyung,” Amber rolled his eyes at Taeng when Taeng started to whining at him.

“You know how much I hate the hospital’s meal. It’s tasteless,” Taeng whined more.

“Good for you then,” Amber said that to him nonchalantly.

“Am……..” Here he comes, the 5 years old Taeng. Amber really wondered who’s the elder right now.

“Could you please cook something for me? Please….pretty please…llama on the top,” Taeng plead while clasping his hand together. Amber sighed. He knew how much Taeng hate hospital’s meal and when Taeng needs to be hospitalised before, Kim umma was the one who cook for him. He never ate the hospital’s meal. So now it looks like Amber needs to take over that place.

“Hyung, you’re in hospital. They might mad at me and throw me out if I brought the food from the outside,” Amber tried to reasoning with Taeng.

“Oh, come on Am. We can hide it. Please…please…for your favourite hyung,” Taeng plead again, using his puppy eyes that look not so cute since the guy that using it was not too young anymore and much more in adolescent.  Amber sighed for umpteenth time.

“Ok, I’ll try but not my cooking since I just got back from the airport. So, for tonight I’ll buy something for you,” Amber told him. Taeng’s eyes bright up just like a kid that just got a candy and if it wasn’t because he just fell from the hill, Taeng must be jumping for joy to show how happy he is.

“Thank you! Thank you! Am. You’re the best,” Taeng thanked him. Amber only grinned at Taeng childish acts. Certainly, he going to missed this if he really got into the flight earlier before and for the first time today, he glad he missed the flight. Amber left Taeng in his ward to buy his meal before he whined more of his grumble stomach.

Back to the private practice, after 3 hours of unconscious, Krystal finally opened her eyes. She looked at around her and the memoirs of her stomach ache and the warm liquid between her legs came through her mind. Tiffany came closer to her when she saw Krystal was waking up.

“Krys, how do you feel?” Tiffany asked her softly with concern.

“Awful,” Krystal simply answered her.

“What happened?” Krystal asked Tiffany.

“You fainted in the dressing room and we brought you here. Luckily that you’re fine now and the baby too though you almost lost it,” Tiffany answered her. Krystal really wanted to scoff when she heard about the baby if it wasn’t because of her weak state. Called her wicked, cruel, or demon but sometimes she really hope that the baby was gone so she can back to her normal life without the needs to think about anything that had to do with him and mostly, the baby. About a moment later, the door was opened, exposed a figure that she didn’t expected to see right now.

“Mr…Mr..Kim..” Krystal stuttered and looked at Tiffany sternly, tried to find some answer while giving a look that showed what-the-hell-he’s-doing-here. But Tiffany unflinching at all with Krystal’s stared.

“Mr.Kim was the one who found you unconscious in the dressing room,” Tiffany calmly answered her. Krystal sighed and turned her face from them. She bet he already knew her condition now. She didn’t know what to felt or what to say right now.

“I would like to talk with Krystal. Alone,” Jong Hyun said that while looked at the other two figures inside the ward. Tiffany looked at Kangin and he just nodded. Both of them thought that their CEO had the right to find the answer to all of his questions and who’s the most suitable to give the answers other than the patient herself, Krystal of course.

“Krys, me and oppa will be outside for a while and look for something to eat,” Tiffany told Krystal though Krystal still didn’t give her the permission and just ignored Tiffany. Tiffany and Kangin left Krystal with Jong Hyun in her ward. Jong Hyun stepped closer to Krystal’s bed.

“Krys, I hope we can talk and it would be nice if you look at me,” Jong Hyun said that to her gently. After a moment, Krystal turned her face when she thought maybe it would be better if she clear up everything. But she still didn’t brave enough to looked at him directly so she just staring down on her finger that fiddling with her blanket, a sign that she was nervous though she didn’t really know why she felt like that.

“Do you hate me?” Jong Hyun asked her. She only shook her head though she didn’t expected him to asked her that and it makes her felt curious for the reason why he asked her that question.

“Don’t you trust me?” Jong Hyun asked her again. He looked at her face.

“I do,” Krystal answered him lowly. It’s true that she do really believe him other than Tiffany and Kangin because through her eyes, Jong Hyun was a nice guy. A kind hearted guy that a girl could rely on.

“Then, why didn’t you tell me the truth?” Jong Hyun asked her and this time, she can sense something was broken in his tone. After she heard that question, something courage her to looked at him.

“I didn’t ask you to tell me as a CEO but as Jong Hyun, a friend, a guy that knew you and love you since the first time he set his eyes on you. Someone who’s really, really care every single thing about you,” Jong Hyun told her how he felt about the thing that happened before.

“I don’t want to burden you with my problem. You already had enough with the company and your life. Besides, there’s nothing between us,” Krystal said that to him without any intention to hurt his feeling though without she realised it, the ‘nothing’ that she said just added the pain in his heart.

“Krys, every single thing that happened to you will never be a burden to me. Heck, I even feel more light hearted if you tell me all your problems because if you tell me, for me, it means that you realise of my existence and accept me in your life though only just a friend. That also mean, we had something between us even I’m only become one of your other friend,” Jong Hyun expressed his feeling. Krystal felt more guilty than ever, this guy was so nice to fall for a girl like her. Why can’t she like a guy likes him than fall to an that doesn’t even worth her love? She kept questioning herself, something that she also didn’t understand why but nonetheless, love is blind to begin with. We can’t choose who’ll we fall in love though the same person also the one who’ll broke our heart.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feeling. It just at that moment, it seems like that decision was the right thing to do,” Krystal honestly said that to him.

“I know, it just that it still hurt a little and I’m the one who should apologise, I should understand that you had to do what you needs to do and what you think is right,” Jong Hyun told her while smiling, tried to assurance her that everything will be fine. Krystal smiled back at him.

“Krys, if only you could give me a chance, I’ll be there for you, for every thick and thin. I’ll accept you as the way you are and I’ll cherish the baby likes it’s mine. I don’t care about anyone or anything as long as you be with me, right by my side,” Jong Hyun held her hand and squeeze it a little likes tried to tell her that he was deathly serious. Krystal looked at his hand that holding her. It felt warm, something that she didn’t felt it for a long time. Somehow she didn’t retreat back her hand and she doesn’t know why but Jong Hyun felt glad that she didn’t snapped at him for holding her hand without her permit or tried to released her hand from him. It makes him felt that he has a chance though he still doesn’t know her answer.

“I….” Krystal tried to speak but been cuts off by Jong Hyun.

“You don’t have to give me the answer right now. I just want you to consider it and think about it, at least once, Krystal. I only need one chance, that’s all I ask from you. One chance to prove myself to you that I’m serious in every word that I said to you,” After Jong Hyun said that, Krystal looked at him directly into his dark orb, tried to find some assurance in there.

“But if you still can’t accept me, it’s ok. Don’t feel burden with it, I’ll accept your decision with an open heart, no matter what your answer is. I just hope that at least, I can stay be your friend,” Jong Hyun told her and again likes before, Krystal looked at his dark orb. She found the assurance, she found her in his eyes. His eyes showed the honesty and sincere with his feeling, nothing other than that. Eyes can’t deceive, that’s what Krystal believed. Should she give him a chance? A question that kept lingered in her mind.