7. Agony

Agony

She keep following that shadow until she arrived at the back of the school. She can’t help it. She keep wondering, why at the back of the school? What is it having here? Besides her stomach already make many kinds of noise so, she shout.

“Yah! Where are you going?!” That certain person turn toward her.

“You!? What are you doing here? Did you just following me?”

“You should answer me since I ask you first,”

“It’s none of your business,” Then, he left.

“Yah! Stupid llama! Wait,” She called him.

“What do you want, ice princess,?” He turn toward her, giving her an annoying look. Can’t she leave me alone? He mumbled.

“I’m hungry,” She said that after standing in front of him.

“So?”

“Get me my lunch,” He dumbfounded after hearing what she just said.

“Seriously? You following me here just want me to buy you a lunch,” She nodded with such an innocent face. He’s not going to fall for that. He thought so.

“Why? Can’t you buy it by yourself?”

“I can’t. I forgot to bring my purse,” She said it while looking down. Now, he thinks she doesn’t really look like an ice princess.

“Aissh….you…forget it,” He doesn’t know what to say anymore. He can’t believe he just fall for that so not innocent face. He takes her wrist to following him.

“Where are we going?” She ask him but he only keep walking. Then, he stopped in front  of a  big tree. He sit while leaning his back behind the big tree. He like this place, it gave him peace. She takes a sit besides him. She look at around her. She thinks this place is quite good to clear a mind. There’s only a wide grasslands in front of them and some small flowers  at the corner but the air is so good. No wonder he want to comes here. She thought.

“I can’t buy you a lunch but we can eat this,” He said that to her and give her, his lunchbox. She take a look at it. Inside of it, there’s some sandwich. Then, she gave him a questioning look.

“Look, I’m try to save some money. I’m not like you. If I want something I need to earn it,”

“Your parents, they don’t give you any money?”

“They already dead,”

“Ooh…” She could only say that, she’s afraid if she say anything more it might hurt him.

“What about you?” He ask her back.

“They’re at San Francisco. I ask them to let me live here,”

“Why?” It’s quite weird for him since usually people’s want to live with their family.

“Nothing just, I want too,” She answered him but something seems off.  Nevertheless, he doesn’t ask  any further.

“Enough with that. We better start eating before the bells ring,” Then, he open the lunchbox and give  her one of the sandwich.

“Do you always  bring this much?” She ask him when she look at the sandwich in the lunchbox that enough for two.

“I’m  usually brings more, just in case. You know, extra class, the club,” She only nodded hearing his answer. She take a look inside the sandwich and she frowned her face.

“Do you have any allergies? Seafood? Nuts?”

“No, I don’t. Wh… hmmph,” Before he could ask more, she shove the cucumber into his mouth. He glares at her.

“I hate cucumber. Next time, you making anything, don’t put cucumber or apple,” She said it nonchalantly. He only can make a face and continue eating while the ice princess keep put aside the cucumber from the sandwich before eat it. Silence keep accompany them while they eating their lunch until the bells ringing.

“Yah, wait for me at the school’s gate before going home,”

“Ok,”

“Huh? Really?”

“You ask me then I said ok. Was it so weird for me to say yes?”

“Nothing. It’s just,usually you will asking me back why but today you said ok without asking anything more,”

“ Well, the answer is simple. It’s one way, your house to my house,”

“That’s it?”

“Yep,only that. Now we better start walking before we late for the class,” Both of them start walking back to their own class.

After school, just like she ask him to wait for her. He wait for her at the school’s gate. He saw his friends walking toward him.

“Amber, you still here?” Key ask him since he saw him the first one who leaves the class.

“Err…yeah,” He answer while rubbing behind his neck.

“Ooo…are you waiting for someone?” Taemin .

“Aissh…stop it Taemin. It’s nothing, ok,”

“So,it’s true you’re waiting for someone. Come on Amber, who is it? Tell us,” Onew start to speak up.

“Yeah, Amber. Tell us, we’re your friends, right. Besides I never know that you dating someone,” Now, is Key can’t eagerly want to know. He know Key will never stop until he know it, all of it. This is totally bothersome since there’s nothing to tell about, at least that’s what he thinks. Then, he saw her, she noticed him too. Both of them look at each other while she walking toward him. His friend’s eyes widely open, jaw dropped. They keep looking  back and forth toward both of them until she standing in front of him.

“Hi,” He greet her. It’s suddenly feel akward, he doesn’t know why. Maybe because his friends is looking at them now or more to staring at them. Aissh….this guys. He mumbled.

“Hey,” She greets him back.

“Let’s go,” He said to her before the other three could say anything. He know he going to have a lot of explanation to be done tomorrow. She’s only following him leaving behind those three that still can’t believe what just happening. That famous Krystal and their Amber, Daebak! Totally wow!

“They’re dating?” Taemin ask Key.

“They’re together?” Onew’s turn to questioning. Both of them were standing side by side and Key in the middle. Key look at both of them then smack on their head together.

“Ouch!” Taemin and Onew shrieked in pain.

“How I’m supposed to know? He didn’t say anything at all,”

“Well, we thought you know, at least since you’re the fastest one to know anything that happened around you mostly your friends,” Onew said that to Key while Taemin only nodded.

“Amber is your friends too, dumbhead,”

“Yah! How dare you call your hyung likes that,”

“You only a couple months older than me. Stop pretending,”

“But one thing for sure, he going to spill it out tomorrow. Every single thing,” Key said it with full of determination with his fist in the air. Onew and Taemin only can nodded, they know how Key is, only stop when there’s nothing to know anymore. Afterwards, three of them start walking back to  their home with their own assumption about Amber and Krystal.

There is more silence on their way back home. He doesn’t know what to say until she spoke.

“At the school’s gate, they’re your friends?” She ask him.

“Yeah, same class,” He answered her. Then, more silence between them  but it’s not  akward  or weird  silence but it much more to calm and comfortable. They walking till they’re in front of her house.

“So, we’re here,”

“Yeah,”

“I…emm better get going now,”

“Ok, tomor….”

“I won’t be late,” He said, smiling at her. She smiles back at him. He start walking back to his house but with a dorky smile plastered on his face.

He step into his house but before he could do that, someone call him.

“Amber!”

“Oh, hey hyung,” He turn toward his caller.

“Long time no see,”

“Taeng hyung, we just met this morning at school,”

“Oh, really? Aissh…my memory is not really good,” Taeng said to him while grinning and rubbing his head. He only shook his head looking at his besfriend also his neighbour for years.

“Oh, before I forget again. There’s a package for you. Wait, I get it for you, it’s in the house,” Taeng walk into his house and get the package.

“Here’s your package,”

“When is it arrive?”

“Umma said this morning,”

“Oh, thanks hyung. I gotta go now, work’s calling,”

“Ok. Don’t overworked Amber,”

“Deh, hyung. I know. Send my regards to Appa and Umma Kim,”

“You better said it by yourself. They said they barely see you now,”

“Arasso…arasso…this weekend, ok” Both of them bid goodbye. The Kim’s treat him likes a family. He could not ask more. They’ve been so nice to him even when his mother still alive. It’s kind lessen his longing for his mother.

He open the package and there is it after waiting a couple of months and money saving, he finally get to hold it in his very own hand. The polaroid camera,Polaroid Z2300. He bought it by online since it’s more cheaper. It’s nothing actually but it’s mean a lot for him since he bought it by his own effort. He keep it in a safe place. He change his shirt, getting ready to work.

When he arrived at the convinience store, Hyoyeon already there.

“Hi, noona,”

“Oh, hi. Not sharp anymore?” She chuckles at him.

“Aissh….noona. Stop teasing me,” He said while smiling shyly.

“Ok but you must tell me, how’s the ice princess?”

“Noona, I just got here but you only asking about that ice princess,” He said that to Hyoyeon while faking an annoying face.

“Can’t help it. That ice princess is more interesting than you,”

“Yah! Noona,” He stare at her. She chuckles.

“Just kidding Am. So how’s your day?”

“Now you asking me?”

“Oh come on Am. You can’t be sulking don’t you,”

“What do you think of me, noona? A five year old kid?”

“Uh..huh. Wanna candy?” She said mockingly at him while laughing. He only shooking his head and smiling.

“But seriously, I want to know. How is it going? Besides there’s no customer now, my ears fully on you,” She said that to him. He raising his brows like showing he’s thinking whether want to tell her or not but the next thing he know,he already told her the hold story.

“Wait, did you ask her why she want you to accompany her?”

“No, do I have to?” He ask her back.

“Aissh….you stupid. You should ask her, at least you must know the reason. It can't be just suddenly she want you to walking her go and back from school,” Our conversation stopped when there’s customer walking into our store. After that, I’m start to thinking about what Hyoyeon just said. She’s right, there must be a reason but what if the reason doesn’t pleased me? Curiosity might kill the cat. However, this curiosity is killing me now.

When he arrived at home,he take his handphone and start typing something.

To : ice princess

Can I ask you something?

From : stupid llama