6. Agony

Agony

RING!! RING!! RING!!

His hand fumbled on the desk besides his bed looking for the annoying ringing. He found it and push the green button without looking at the ID caller.

“YAH!! WHERE ARE YOU?! IF YOU DON’T GET YOUR HERE IN 5 MINUTES, JUST SAY YOUR LAST PRAYER!!!” The other caller hang up without waiting for his reply. He open his eyes, try adjusting the light and take a very clear looks at his handphone.

07:45 AM

10 missed calls (ice princess)

His eyes open widely, he bet bigger than the owl and start to curse. At the same time, he dress up as fast as he can, take the bag, grab the blazer, and wear the shoes.

“! ! That ice princess going to kill me!” He storm out from the house. Why must be today he overslept? Why must be today the alarm goes off without waking he up? Why today? The day that he have to pick up the ice princess. Uuurrgh…he groan in frust while ruffling his hair that he had no idea how it look likes since he didn’t get a chance to take a look at the mirror. While running, he can’t stop from thinking any prayer before been sentenced to death by the ice princess. But in the meantime, he suddenly wonder why he afraid of the ice princess more than the school’s teacher while he only got 15 minutes before the school’s gate closed. Oh yeah, the school’s teacher doesn’t have the icy glares that could kill people. He thought.

When he arrived at her house, he could feel the temperature suddenly dropped to zero. It’s totally dumb brick. Is it already winter? He asking himself then he turn his face to see a very furious ice princess, her icy glares start to throwing daggers at him. Now, he know why he suddenly feel cold. But before both of them start talking or more to bickering, he takes a glance at his watch. Oh No! 10 minutes before the school’s gate closed. He grab her wrist and start to run.

“YAH!!!” She yell at him. This stupid llama really asking for a hit. He’s late, he’s hurting her wrist and start running without saying anything or sorry. She smack on his head hard. Really hard. He stop running.

“Yah! Could you please save that when we arrived at school,” he said that to her while rubbing his head. It’s hurt like hell. Does she have a metal hand? Then he start to  running again without waiting for her. She dumbfounded, this stupid llama. How dare he leaving me.

“YAH!! Wait!” She start running too. They arrived infront of the school gates, just a slightest bit before it’s closed.

“Wait!” He said it loud while panting hard after make a full run to the school. Then he look up, he saw their discipline’s teacher face, Mr. Lee. He’s crossing his arm on his chest while holding a cane, he raising his left brow likes giving a sign for the two student to speak up.

“Err…sorry?” he said it while giving his teacher his dorky smile. He thinks he screwed up but then he heard another voice, a girl.

“Wait, seonsaengnim,” She grab his hand that got a watch and show it to their teacher but shove it back quickly.

“Look! We’re not late, we just sharp,” She said it in the most soft tone.

“But we’re still sorry. Please give us a chance. Plleeasee…..pretty please with cherry on top,” She’s plead while clapping her hand together giving a puppy eyes look and the most cutest smile. What the hell is she doing? He mumbled it. Does she think their teacher going to fall for that? He added.

“Fine, one last chance. Krystal Jung, Amber Liu I’ll keep my eyes on you. Go to your class now,” Mr. Lee said. What?! He can’t believe this. Did he just fall for that? Oh, totally unbelievable. How can Mr. Lee the most cranky teacher in their school fall for not so cute girl with certainly not cute at all tricks. The world just go upside down, he thought.

They bow to their teacher and start walking to their own class.

“Ahh…aegyo always works,” She said with the most satisfies smile. And she turn to him.

“Yah! I’m still not finish with you,” Then, he turn to her.

“What?” He asked her while furrowed his brows. Afterwards, he heard her laughing her off while holding her stomach. He wondering. Is she gone mad? Suddenly he feel that laughing, that giggles sounds so beautiful like blowing a flute with the most melodious song but he quickly chase it off his head.

“Haahaa…. You must look at yourself…haahaa,” She still laughing while he looking at the mirror that be hang on the school wall. Now, he know why she been laughing. His blazer was upside down, his tie isn’t sit properly, his hair is sticking out in every way. He look dumb like a clown.

“Come, let’s fix this,” She said to him after stop laughing. She takes his wrist and bring him near to the pipe at the corner of the school. She open the pipe, wetting her hands and swipe his hair try to put it in a way that will looks better. He feel different, is this the same ice princess? He look at her, a closer look since they only inches apart, she looks perfect. The star likes blinking eyes, pointy nose, and cherry plump lips. And then he snap, he heard something.

“It looks ok now,” She said after finish making his hair.

“Ooh..really. Thanks,” He stuttered.

“And sorry,” He added while rubbing behind his neck. She look at him in confusion.

“For being late but it won’t happened again. I promise,” He said while putting his palm in air.

“You better be but don’t make a promise. I hate it,” She point her finger at him and left after that. She turn to the ice princess mode again. He only can shrugged his shoulder in confusion. Did he just said something wrong or did he do anything? He never can understand this ice princess. She can be such an innocent cute girl in a seconds and the next minute, she turn to ice princess.

During lunch, a girl asking her friend to take a lunch together.

“Krys, let’s go to cafeteria,”

“Ok, let me take my purse,” She said while looking for her purse in her bag.

“Hey, where’s my purse?” She asking to herself.

“Did you forget it again?”

“Ahh…Seohyun ah,” She look at her friend in the most pity look.

“Arasso….arasso…you can use mine,” She’s smiling after hearing that from her friend. She’s been friend with Seohyun since the first day she went to this school. Is not that she doesn’t have any other friends, is just that she’s more close to  Seohyun even they have different character. Seohyun is a  nice, polite, soft and innocent girl type while she is, well you know the ice princess type. But Seohyun understands her better and can accept her ice behaviour. While they’re walking, she takes a glance of a familiar shadow then something got into her mind.

“Seohyun ah, I cancel it. You go and eat first, ok.” She said to her friend and leave Seohyun dumbfounded.

“Krystal! Where are you going?” But she already to far from Seohyun to heard her question. Looks like I’m going to eat alone. Seohyun mumbled to no one.