27. Agony

Agony

After that conversation, he can’t sleep. He keep thinking about the ice princess and the ring. He got to do something but what?  He mumbled. He doesn’t know for how long he had been stay up just because of that. Finally, he get up from his bed and call a number. A number that could help him, his only hope.

“Emm..” The other line only hummed. Sounds husky showing that the other line was sleeping before the call.

“Hyung! You have to help me,” He said to the other line.

“Amber? What the hell did you want? Do you know it’s only 3 a.m?” Taeng feeling annoyed after his sleep was been disturbed.

“Hyung, I’m sorry but you really…really…have to help me,” He plead. Taeng groaned.

“You better have a good reason to wake me up like this,”

“I do. Hyung, I called Krystal. You know, just like you said wanna have a talk so I asked her out,”

“Emm…” Taeng hummed.

“Aissh…hyung. Don’t sleep. We have an emergency here,”

“I’m not. Just spit it out, kid,” Taeng said half asleep half awake.

“She said no, hyung. She told me she have to accompany that drummer to buy the ring,” He explained to  Taeng.

“Ring? What ring?” Taeng asked him.

“I don’t know, hyung,”

“Haissh…why’re you worried too much. Maybe that ring is for his mother,” Taeng try to reasoning.

“Then, why he need to asked  her out?” He questioning Taeng.

“I don’t know. You ask him,” Taeng questioning him back. A little irritated.

“Hyung, please be serious,”  He can heard Taeng’s grunting.

“Haissh…this idiot. You should be grateful for having me as your bestfriend,”

“Hyung…..”

“Fine, I’ll help you,”

“Thanks hyung but how we gonna do it?” He feel relieved. He know he can count on Taeng.

“Tomorrow, you’ll confess to her, no but or if,”

“But hyung, she’ll going out with that drummer tomorrow,”

“I know, I heard you llama. Just make an excuse for her to come,” Taeng said sarcastically.

“Ohh…but still how? I don’t get it hyung,” He can heard Taeng sigh.

“For that we need some help,”

“Ok. After that?” He asked Taeng.

“Let me sleep then we’ll done it tomorrow,” Taeng hang up the call without listening the whining that the younger made.

The next morning, a day before the school start Taeng and those three, Onew, Key, Taemin were helping him for the confession session. He want to surprised her but at the same time, he still can’t stop thinking that maybe that drummer already make the ice princess belong to him before he can proceed his plan. Taeng’s plan was he need to confess his feeling toward her but how it was going to happened was entirely his idea.

He doesn’t know what she’s going to think about this, maybe cheesy, maybe childish but since his friends said the idea was good so he just will continue it. Even Seohyun also helping them and her biggest task is to make the ice princess go to the photography club’s studio at the school where the plan will be held. Luckily, he’s the one who keep the studio key for this week and they manage to convince the security guard that they had some group project to let them stay at the school. He feel grateful for his friends help because he never couldn’t manage it alone in this shortest time. When they finishing up everything, they left only one single final task.

“Ok, Seohyun ready?” He asked her.

“Certainly,” Seohyun smile at him. Then she took out her handphone and calling a familiar number. Each one of them were surrounding her, try to hear the conversation. Seohyun waiting for the other line to pick up the phone.

“Hello,” The other line greet her.

“Hello, Krys,” Seohyun thumbs up to the others when the other line pick up the call while trying to tell them to stay quiet.

“Seohyun hey what’s wrong?” She asked her.

“Krys, where’re you now?” Seohyun asked her back.

“I’m with Minhyuk. Why?”

“Could you please stop by at the school?”

“Why? What’s wrong?” She feel weird since Seohyun asked her to go to school in the weekend.

“I… I kind a lock in here,”

“What?! What do you mean ‘you lock in here’?” She almost freak out when she heard it because she really care about Seohyun. Seohyun not only just her bestfriend but also could be say like a family to her.

“Well, I lost something in the photography club’s studio so I came here today to find it but somehow, when I want to go out, the door suddenly closed and lock in me inside,” Seohyun told her, try to sound as pityly as she can be.

“Aissh….Seohyun-ah, how can you be so careless,” She sigh.

“I’m sorry for bothering you, Krys but it’s kind a creepy in here and it doesn’t feel so good to be alone. Please, Krystal help me,” Seohyun plead, try to sound like she almost crying.

“Ok, just stay where you’re. It’s photography club’s studio isn’t it?” She asked her for a confirmation.

“Yes, you know where is it right,” Seohyun said to her.

“Wait for me. I’ll ask Minhyuk to drop me at the school,” She hang up the call. Seohyun smiling widely at them while make an ‘ok’ sign with her hand. The others cheer for successfully bringing the ice princess. The only thing left now is the confession which is he really hope that it’ll going well. The others left him alone in the studio to give him a time alone while waiting for the ice princess.

“We’ll waiting for the good news, Am,” Key said to him before he left him while the others nodded.

“You know where to go whether is going to turn up good or bad, right,” Taeng said to him while pat his shoulder lightly. He only smiled at him. All of them cheer him with ‘fighting’ before they closed the door. He take a deep breath try to calm his nerve down but inside he was tremendously shaking. His cold sweat start to wetting his hands. He try to loosen up a bit by taking another deep breath.

After 25 minute, she finally make it to school. She thanked Minhyuk for dropping her. That drummer tried to go with her into the school till they found Seohyun but she convinced him that she’ll be fine and she can find her by herself. She try to call and message Seohyun but none of it reachable. So, she thought maybe her handphone run out of battery. She walked straight to the studio. When she reach there, she opened the door. It was unlocked, she feel strange. A sudden fear filling up in her chest, her mind start to making terrified speculations. It was dark in there, she put up her courage and calling for Seohyun.

“Seohyun…Seohyun-ah…where’re you?” Then, a sudden light that lightening the whole studio surprising her but what more shocking her is in front of her there’s some kind of aisle full with white flower and silver, white, gold balloon. It had been decorated beautifully and magnificently. There’s an archway with above it writing ‘my precious’.

She doesn’t know what’s happening and she’s confused. She feel afraid but also amazing with all of this splendid surprised. Is there some kind of celebrating that she forgot? Or this is just a prank? She keep wondering but still walked through the aisle. Next, she thought maybe it was surprise for others so she want to turn away but when she look at her left and right, on the white wooden board there’s picture of her with a title and words. It’s been put in most attractive and creatively arrangement.

Euphoric….

I wish I could be the reason behind this beauteous smile.

There’s picture of her smiling widely and happily. Some of it when she was in the class, having lunch, walking  on the street and many more. She’s wondering who’s taking those picture but she can’t  stop  smiling because whoever did this manage to make her feel blissful. She continued to walked, another word and title. Another picture of her.

Naïve….

Like a child. Her sullen, giggles and sometimes tricky antics but still there’s sweet innocent in it.

There’s picture of her pouting and when she’s eating messily, feels a little embarrassed about that. There’s also her picture when she’s giggling at the amusement park and her smirking when she won in the game at the amusement park. There’s a hint who’s behind all of this but she could be wrong so she continued to walked. Another picture of her with another title.

Rage….

I’ll put everything on the line just to make that lovely face smiling again.

There’s picture of her when she really mad. Her hands on her hip. She’s rolling her eyes. Her icy glare. It’s quite embarrassing for her because she think her angry face doesn’t look so good but somehow whoever did this, manage to make it look interesting. She’s continued her step. There’s another title and word also her pictures.

Blues….

Her tears and sorrow, I want to make it disappear and give her the most comfort and warmth that she need.

There’s picture of her when she cry at the cinema because of the scary movie. Also her picture when she was sick and hospitalized. Some of it when she’s lost in the amusement park. Her fear and trembling were shown in the pictures. She feels moved and touched with all of this. Anyone behind this, should be given an award. At the end of the aisle, there’s tens or maybe hundreds of her pictures with varies of poses and emotion that had been shaped into a large ‘K’. Under of that, there’s a question.

‘Can the stupid llama love the ice princess?’

A single tears rolled down on her cheek. She’s too overhelmed. It’s too unimaginable that she feel hard to believe, just like a dream comes true.Then, she heard some steps behind her. She turned her body and there he is. The one who behind all of this. He’s standing in front of her with his shy dorkish smile. She look at him while raising her brows.

“I…I… I…” He’s stuttering. Damn it! I look like a stupid. He mumbled. She let out a small chuckles looking at him, that trembles his nerve out.

“Can I say something?” She asked him. He only nodded.

“Do you feel jealous when I’m going out with some other guy?” She asked him nonchalantly. He look up at her, try to comprehend what she’s trying to do right now.

“Yes,” But still he answered it.

“Do you feel angry when there’s some guy who try to flirting with me?” She asked him again.

“Yes,” He answered, a little bit calm than before.

“Do  you hate it if I’m dating another guy?”  Another question from her.

“Yes,” His tone is a little more confident. She’s grining a little and step forward, making their space a little too close, their faces only inches apart. He feel surprised a little with their closeness but he didn’t push it and he think he need it to feel more relax. She looking deeply at him and in a low tone. She asked him another question.

“Do you like me?” The same question she asked him a few months ago. They look at each other, staring deeply in the eyes.

“No,” She’s shocked, terrified that the same rejection she’ll received.

“But I love you with all my heart,” He added it without hesistant. She’s smiling hearing that answer, all the fears were gone. She’s tip toeing on her feet, putting her arm around his neck and giving him a kiss on his lips, a quick one more  like a peck actually. He’s flabbergasted. Feeling too much to comprehend but still it make he feel like he’s been on the cloud nine. The most blissful feels that he ever had. The euphoric was indescribable.

“Took you long enough,” She said to him. That smile still plastered on her face. He gave her a dorky smile before he circling his arm  around her waist and pull her into a tight hug.

“I’m sorry for being late. I’m just so stupid,” He said to her in a soft tone. She let out a small chuckle before hugging him back. There’s no more space between their body. Her face was crook on his neck, inhaling his husky-solid cologne. He can feel her hot breath on his skin. While he giving her forehead a sweet kiss and buried his face in her hair, take in her candied strawberry scent. Both of them, stay like that with a contented smile on their face.